IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

IS350 F Sport Exhaust Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-13, 10:38 AM
zachucsb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 F Sport Exhaust Questions

Looking to buy F Sport IS350 and I have a few questions about the exhaust.

1) Does the F Sport have a different exhaust than the Base? Does it sound any different?

2) I hear people commenting on a F-Sport Exhaust such as being listed here
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/6353.html
Its titled as F Sport Exhaust. Does this mean that it is the included F Sport exhaust or is the labelling misleading?

3) I currently have a G35 Coupe and like the "Volume Level" it produces. If the F Sport doesnt have an audible exhaust like that, what options do you suggest that won't be louder than my current setup but still sporty.

Last edited by zachucsb; 09-17-13 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-17-13, 10:51 AM
titoman110
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zachucsb
Looking to buy F Sport IS350 and I have a few questions about the exhaust.

1) Does the F Sport have a different exhaust than the Base? Does it sound any different?

2) I hear people commenting on a F-Sport Exhaust such as being listed here
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/6353.html
Its titled as F Sport Exhaust. Does this mean that it is the included S Port exhasut or is the labelling misleading?

3) I currently have a G35 Coupe and like the "Volume Level" it produces. If the F Sport doesnt have an audible exhaust like that, what options do you suggest that won't be louder than my current setup but still sporty.

Hey there,

I was at the Lexus (Its Your Move Event) at Angel Stadium this last Saturday and the guys from Lexus had the F Sport Exhaust in display on a IS 2014. I had them turn on the car and rev it up for me to hear the true sound. From what I heard its a low smooth sound. Can't compare to a Greddy, HKS or any other after market exhaust. He said that it would be out for sale online in October/ November to the public. I say if you want more of a smooth sound that won't wake up your neighbors when you pass by then F-Sport is the Exhaust for you. If you want more Horsepower and more sound then I would go with a aftermarket Exhaust like (Greddy, HKS, Magnaflow).
Old 09-17-13, 11:01 AM
carderoni
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW my dealer said it would run about $1500 for the F Sport Exhaust when it comes out.

No aftermarket bolt on has been released for the AWD 3IS yet, right?
Old 09-17-13, 11:02 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Welcome...

You will love the new 2014 IS350 F Sport...

1) No it does not (X2)

2) That link is from the "Coming Soon" 2014 F-Sport Accessory Exhaust System.
Which is basically developed by TRD USA for Lexus USA... MSRP was mentioned to be approx $1,800

3) Drive it stock first, then decide if you want to go the "Exhaust Upgrade" route..

Regards,

~ Joe Z
Old 09-17-13, 11:08 AM
zachucsb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Welcome...

You will love the new 2014 IS350 F Sport...

1) No it does not (X2)

2) That link is from the "Coming Soon" 2014 F-Sport Accessory Exhaust System.
Which is basically developed by TRD USA for Lexus USA... MSRP was mentioned to be approx $1,800

3) Drive it stock first, then decide if you want to go the "Exhaust Upgrade" route..

Regards,

~ Joe Z
Good Advice about the drive it stock first.
When it does come out it will be a bolt on product?
I assume labor for this would be very minimal?
Any other recomendations ($1800 seems pricey?) for a cat-back bolt on product that would provide some inspired sound yet not going to get old on longer highway commutes?
I assume, No, but is there a way to adjust the volume of the "sound system" created exhaust? I read that the stereo actually amplifies the exhaust a bit and plays it through the speakers because the exhaust is so insulated and quite within the cabin?
Joe Z, what is your deal regarding exhausts? You are a rep of a company, or you have your own company for aftermarket applications?

Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by zachucsb; 09-17-13 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-17-13, 11:25 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

3IS stock exhaust sounds pretty good for me, at least better than 2IS. No more exhaust for me I got tired after a few years and I'm getting too old for loud exhaust.
Old 09-17-13, 11:30 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Good Advice about the drive it stock first.
When it does come out it will be a bolt on product?
I assume labor for this would be very minimal?
Any other recomendations ($1800 seems pricey?) for a cat-back bolt on product that would provide some inspired sound yet not going to get old on longer highway commutes?
I assume, No, but is there a way to adjust the volume of the "sound system" created exhaust? I read that the stereo actually amplifies the exhaust a bit and plays it through the speakers because the exhaust is so insulated and quite within the cabin?
Joe Z, what is your deal regarding exhausts? You are a rep of a company, or you have your own company for aftermarket applications?

Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks for the help.
Sure no problem..

The Accessory Axle-Back system will be an easy direct bolt on product.

Can't comment on any other recommendations as honestly there are more than a few systems in development as we speak...

**There will be HIGHER priced systems & LOWER priced systems eventually.

**There will also be other selections for just Axle-Back systems and also Full CAT-back systems (louder for sure).

Never heard anything about stereo adjusting exhaust systems on a Lexus..

I would consider myself an avid enthusiast for Lexus Performance cars… I design and help R&D in creating high quality performance parts focusing on the IS lineup.. (Not my day job whatsoever, more like a way to give back to the Lexus community)

Other than that; I’m just an average Joe around here..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-17-13 at 11:38 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-13, 11:32 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Good Advice about the drive it stock first. When it does come out it will be a bolt on product? I assume labor for this would be very minimal? Any other recomendations ($1800 seems pricey?) for a cat-back bolt on product that would provide some inspired sound yet not going to get old on longer highway commutes? I assume, No, but is there a way to adjust the volume of the "sound system" created exhaust? I read that the stereo actually amplifies the exhaust a bit and plays it through the speakers because the exhaust is so insulated and quite within the cabin? Joe Z, what is your deal regarding exhausts? You are a rep of a company, or you have your own company for aftermarket applications? Thanks again for all the help. Thanks for the help.
The BMW M5 generates stereo exhaust sounds but the IS does not. It uses a tube directly off of the intake that funnels sound directly into the interior so it's all mechanical sound, not electronic.
Old 09-17-13, 11:45 AM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dont understand. I have a 350 F sport. Is this the same exhaust or is this a different/better one?
Old 09-17-13, 12:50 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by blksolara
I dont understand. I have a 350 F sport. Is this the same exhaust or is this a different/better one?
The OEM Factory Exhaust Axle sections are different from the "F Sport Accessory Exhaust" Axle sections coming soon...

I know the use of "F Sport Factory" verses "F Sport Accessory Line" still confuses many people...

But just think of it has a Lexus USA in house aftermarket exhaust system..

Joe Z
Old 09-17-13, 12:52 PM
zachucsb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yardie876
The BMW M5 generates stereo exhaust sounds but the IS does not. It uses a tube directly off of the intake that funnels sound directly into the interior so it's all mechanical sound, not electronic.
I probably mixed this up during my shopping/research.