IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-sport demand is off the charts

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-13, 12:19 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder if people are still getting deals even in the markets that have cars on the lots. Now that demand is way up guessing the deals are harder to find.
Old 09-18-13, 12:27 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the North New Jersey area I have only seen 2 other 3IS's aside from mine both were Ultra White F Sports and they both looked just as bad *** as my own !!

I have yet to see a non F Sport 2014 IS anywhere ???
Old 09-18-13, 12:38 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by waxy
Might be because I bought the only model of 2 available in the Bay Area.

IS F Sport 350 Grey, Black Interior

The other one was Ultra white, black interior.
Made my purchase about a month ago, never had the opportunity to post pictures.
I will eventually get around it, work and stuff is usually in the way.
I was told that the next available one will not be until late this year at earliest.

Picked up from Steven's Creek, while I did check other locations, they only have F Sport 250's.
I personally think it's a waste of money but to each their own.

I commute on 87, 101, 280 and 237 Daily, so if you see it then it's probably me lol.
lol what

My dealer has 7 IS350 F-Sports in stock and we've sold another 4 before that since the 14th of September.

Not sure where you got your information. If it's from Steven's Creek they don't dealer trade with anyone so they don't bother to look at other's inventories. They only had 2 F-Sports.

There's far more IS350 F-Sports running about than you know

Lexus of Pleasanton always has a huge inventory
Old 09-18-13, 12:41 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

This is the same BS Lexus always does, over hype the car and under produced them, WTF (When the 2nd IS came out in '06, it was the same fiasco.. Tired of this crap lexus does.. make us beg for their cars with "Lack of options" Because its in high demand so who cares it has limited options.. BOOO Lexus
Old 09-18-13, 02:01 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am actually enjoying being the "needle in a haystack." As long as my car on the street is still considered "rare," I have no complaints hehe
Old 09-18-13, 02:41 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
lol what

My dealer has 7 IS350 F-Sports in stock and we've sold another 4 before that since the 14th of September.

Not sure where you got your information. If it's from Steven's Creek they don't dealer trade with anyone so they don't bother to look at other's inventories. They only had 2 F-Sports.

There's far more IS350 F-Sports running about than you know

Lexus of Pleasanton always has a huge inventory
Maybe it's just priced too high.

I'm sure many people are waiting to buy it.

You're probably right about them hiding all the information.
I got a pretty good deal on mine so I'm quite satisfied.

What colors were they? I'm sure that had a big role in the decision making.

Because I saw plenty Red on Black, Silver on Black. 350F, but only 2 when I picked mine up in Mid August.

Grey and White.
Old 09-18-13, 02:43 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eyeball
I am actually enjoying being the "needle in a haystack." As long as my car on the street is still considered "rare," I have no complaints hehe
+1 to that, it definitely gets a ton of attention.
Too much in fact.
Old 09-18-13, 03:29 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Maybe it's just priced too high.

I'm sure many people are waiting to buy it.

You're probably right about them hiding all the information.
I got a pretty good deal on mine so I'm quite satisfied.

What colors were they? I'm sure that had a big role in the decision making.

Because I saw plenty Red on Black, Silver on Black. 350F, but only 2 when I picked mine up in Mid August.

Grey and White.
For what it is? Compared to a similarly equipped 335i or C350 it's a bargain. No, people are just cheap and looking for the best deal they can get. One bay area deal (I won't say which) was selling the 3IS at invoice. Another sold at MSRP, and the rest like mine find a middle ground somewhere in between.

Stevens Creek is the biggest volume Lexus dealer in the Bay Area with Lexus of Pleasanton in second in terms of volume. That said, SC considers themself so big they don't deal with the other dealers. We work with other franchises though to get the car you want, if it's inbound to another dealer we can grab it or dealer trade for it.

The four IS350 F-Sports that have been sold are Ultra White on Rioja Red, Nebula Gray Pearl on Black, Matador Red Mica on Gray, and Obsidian on Rioja Red. Three of which were all sold on the same day in September.
Old 09-18-13, 05:29 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one thinks the F-sport version is a bit overpriced?

It's missing a lot of things that make Lexus a Lexus. I mean the Gen coupe has more options.
Old 09-18-13, 05:45 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
For what it is? Compared to a similarly equipped 335i or C350 it's a bargain. No, people are just cheap and looking for the best deal they can get. One bay area deal (I won't say which) was selling the 3IS at invoice. Another sold at MSRP, and the rest like mine find a middle ground somewhere in between.

Stevens Creek is the biggest volume Lexus dealer in the Bay Area with Lexus of Pleasanton in second in terms of volume. That said, SC considers themself so big they don't deal with the other dealers. We work with other franchises though to get the car you want, if it's inbound to another dealer we can grab it or dealer trade for it.

The four IS350 F-Sports that have been sold are Ultra White on Rioja Red, Nebula Gray Pearl on Black, Matador Red Mica on Gray, and Obsidian on Rioja Red. Three of which were all sold on the same day in September.
Got about $3500 off MSRP on mine, I'm sure that's the price many people are waiting to see late this year. This is considering the fact that we have a very close friend that works there and got us a great deal. Didn't trade anything in, I had no car to begin with. Have been taking the bus for the past year sadly.
Old 09-18-13, 05:58 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vbx
No one thinks the F-sport version is a bit overpriced?

It's missing a lot of things that make Lexus a Lexus. I mean the Gen coupe has more options.
I do think it's way overpriced when it cuts off a lot of features. No wonder I don't see any F Sport around in San Jose.

Here are all the features that cut off:
1. Power Mirror
2. Fog Light
3. Memory Seat
4. Cool Seat
5. Power Shade
6. Head Up Display (must be in option)
7. F-Sport Brakes
Old 09-18-13, 06:05 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by damtachoa
I do think it's way overpriced when it cuts off a lot of features. No wonder I don't see any F Sport around in San Jose.

Here are all the features that cut off:
1. Power Mirror
2. Fog Light
3. Memory Seat
4. Cool Seat
5. Power Shade
6. Head Up Display (must be in option)
7. F-Sport Brakes
They're waiting to release those in the next few years.
It's how they get people to buy it on a basis.
1-2 New Features every year, shift the light designs and add some mouldings, BAM! 2015 Models!
Old 09-18-13, 06:23 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Got about $3500 off MSRP on mine, I'm sure that's the price many people are waiting to see late this year. This is considering the fact that we have a very close friend that works there and got us a great deal. Didn't trade anything in, I had no car to begin with. Have been taking the bus for the past year sadly.
In California? Where?? LA? I had to take the bus in LA for a year once. When I finally got a car -- 50mph seemed like warp speed.
Old 09-18-13, 06:23 PM
Deetaa
Driver School Candidate

Might be because I bought the only model of 2 available in the Bay Area.

IS F Sport 350 Grey, Black Interior

The other one was Ultra white, black interior.
Made my purchase about a month ago, never had the opportunity to post pictures.
I will eventually get around it, work and stuff is usually in the way.
I was told that the next available one will not be until late this year at earliest.

Picked up from Steven's Creek, while I did check other locations, they only have F Sport 250's.
I personally think it's a waste of money but to each their own.

I commute on 87, 101, 280 and 237 Daily, so if you see it then it's probably me lol.
Well, it could also be me . I bought my IS350 F-Sport Nebula/Black in mid July. I also bought it from Stevens Creek and drive around the same area.

So far I've seen two other IS350 F-Sports around the bay area, both white, and saw one non-Fsport IS250 in nebula.
Old 09-18-13, 06:24 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

I've seen four F-Sports to one non-F in the Toronto area so far.

Quick Reply: F-sport demand is off the charts