IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Regret is250 f-sport (vs getting GS)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-13, 07:41 AM
Tone2002
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18
Sounds like you optioned your car out poorly. That not the car's fault, that's yours. I didn't even realize you could get this thing without navigation, but I also can't see why anybody would by any new car these days without it. Sure you can always use your phone, but it's a lot easier when it's built into the dash.

As for sound, I have the ML Audio and this is the best stock system I've had since my Acura RDX with premium sound. I've cranked it up a few times and I think it sounds great. I've heard people saying stock vs ML isn't a huge difference, but I disagree.

So with regards to the GS, you're looking at about a $20k swing (if you want an F Sport GS). Which makes me ask, if you could afford the GS, why did you not get a fully loaded 350 F Sport?
Makes no sense to me all either. Huh???
Old 10-10-13, 08:12 AM
enoren
Pole Position

I can't believe you're talking about the same car. I have the 250 F-Sport (w/ nav). I'm 6' 2". I love everything about this car. It feels like an extension of my own body when I drive. I don't miss any of the luxury features.
Old 10-10-13, 08:27 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
There seems to be a lot of regrets with IS250 F-Sport so my guess is value of your car went way down!

A lot of your complaints aren't really with F-Sport for that matter IS250 since Luxury & IS350 has the same cup holders and you get same **** interface if you don't get the Nav. Also I don't think there is GS250!
yes there is a GS250, but they don't sell them in this region...
Old 10-10-13, 09:53 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, as a previous buyer said, you optioned your car pretty badly. The premium Lexus IS stereo sounds good, the ML is amazing. Its like optioning a BMW 328i M Sport with Sport suspension and claiming the ride is too bumpy.

BTW im 6ft 1" too and the IS seats are second best after the GS ones. Fit into the seats pretty well.
Old 10-10-13, 10:21 AM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This seem like other threads. Even we discuss to few more pages it will get you to no where. I suggest you trade your car right now since it super low miles to get rid of the frustration and stress. Yes, you will take the big hit but you can make up that money.Sometime we just make the wrong choice. Good luck with your decision and don't let it kill your head ...LOL...
Old 10-10-13, 10:22 AM
Vulaj
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JGard18
Sounds like you optioned your car out poorly. That not the car's fault, that's yours. I didn't even realize you could get this thing without navigation, but I also can't see why anybody would by any new car these days without it. Sure you can always use your phone, but it's a lot easier when it's built into the dash. As for sound, I have the ML Audio and this is the best stock system I've had since my Acura RDX with premium sound. I've cranked it up a few times and I think it sounds great. I've heard people saying stock vs ML isn't a huge difference, but I disagree. So with regards to the GS, you're looking at about a $20k swing (if you want an F Sport GS). Which makes me ask, if you could afford the GS, why did you not get a fully loaded 350 F Sport?
I was looking at a used gs350 regular non f-sport

Which goes around 43-45 k ..not to far off from where I was at with the f-sport!

I dunno I did mess up my options because I was so damn excited about getting a new car everything In here suited me just well it's just to bad I can't add power shades and navigation and memory seating and ventilated seats because then I feel I would have 40,000 car :/
Old 10-10-13, 10:23 AM
Vulaj
Driver

Originally Posted by enoren
I can't believe you're talking about the same car. I have the 250 F-Sport (w/ nav). I'm 6' 2". I love everything about this car. It feels like an extension of my own body when I drive. I don't miss any of the luxury features.
Really? 1" shorter then me and you can get in and out easily ???

Do you have a basic f-sport like me except the nav?
Old 10-10-13, 10:24 AM
Vulaj
Driver

Originally Posted by EthanV
This seem like other threads. Even we discuss to few more pages it will get you to no where. I suggest you trade your car right now since it super low miles to get rid of the frustration and stress. Yes, you will take the big hit but you can make up that money.Sometime we just make the wrong choice. Good luck with your decision and don't let it kill your head ...LOL...
Haha I hear you!! Thanks for your thoughts lol!
Old 10-10-13, 10:30 AM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vulaj
I was looking at a used gs350 regular non f-sport

Which goes around 43-45 k ..not to far off from where I was at with the f-sport!

I dunno I did mess up my options because I was so damn excited about getting a new car everything In here suited me just well it's just to bad I can't add power shades and navigation and memory seating and ventilated seats because then I feel I would have 40,000 car :/
This sounds so contradictory to what you ended up buying... how did it suit you well but practically was missing over 50% of what you wanted?

Agree with other poster that you should get rid of your unhappy car now... if you are unhappy with a car should just trade it in or sell it!!

My analogy to these situations of buyers remorse is like having a 1 night stand with an ugly chic, getting married overnight in Vegas cuz you were drunk off your a**, and waking up the next morning saying WTF?! No use in keeping something that doesn't make you happy, right?

If you don't like it, get out now!!! hahah LOL
Old 10-10-13, 10:32 AM
Boostd
Driver

Definitely do a private sale. Lexus will probably kill you on trade in value. Good luck on your decision. I'd drive the wheels off it for awhile. You have already lost the money. 5000 miles wont do much for the resale value either way.
Old 10-10-13, 10:53 AM
Vulaj
Driver

Originally Posted by alexlude
This sounds so contradictory to what you ended up buying... how did it suit you well but practically was missing over 50% of what you wanted? Agree with other poster that you should get rid of your unhappy car now... if you are unhappy with a car should just trade it in or sell it!! My analogy to these situations of buyers remorse is like having a 1 night stand with an ugly chic, getting married overnight in Vegas cuz you were drunk off your a**, and waking up the next morning saying WTF?! No use in keeping something that doesn't make you happy, right? If you don't like it, get out now!!! hahah LOL
I know it sounds ridiculous right? At the time I saw the rims grille and lfa inspired gauges and those are what sucked me in I forgot I wanted a more luxurious care..I'm an idiot and it's killing me!!!! That car is nice but the multimedia system in a non nav is junk !!!! I dunno man :;(
Old 10-10-13, 10:55 AM
Vulaj
Driver

Originally Posted by Boostd
Definitely do a private sale. Lexus will probably kill you on trade in value. Good luck on your decision. I'd drive the wheels off it for awhile. You have already lost the money. 5000 miles wont do much for the resale value either way.
Good call..I just don't know how much I can get for it...hmm
Old 10-10-13, 12:28 PM
enoren
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vulaj
Really? 1" shorter then me and you can get in and out easily ??? Do you have a basic f-sport like me except the nav?
Right, I have no trouble getting in and out. I thought you were 6'1" tall, so I thought I was saying that I'm 1" taller, but it doesn't matter. I have no trouble getting in or out.

In fact, coming from the '09 IS, I used to rub my head on the ceiling often. Even broke a pair of sunglasses on my head after hitting a bump. No more! I haven't rubbed my head once in the '14 IS. I can also sit comfortably in the back seats, although I never do.

It's an F-Sport AWD. Included navigation, blind-spot monitor, and a couple other non-essential options. I didn't even want the navigation, but I'm glad I have it because I think all of the software is probably better integrated with the nav system as a whole.
Old 10-10-13, 12:42 PM
Vulaj
Driver

Right, I have no trouble getting in and out. I thought you were 6'1" tall, so I thought I was saying that I'm 1" taller, but it doesn't matter. I have no trouble getting in or out. In fact, coming from the '09 IS, I used to rub my head on the ceiling often. Even broke a pair of sunglasses on my head after hitting a bump. No more! I haven't rubbed my head once in the '14 IS. I can also sit comfortably in the back seats, although I never do. It's an F-Sport AWD. Included navigation, blind-spot monitor, and a couple other non-essential options. I didn't even want the navigation, but I'm glad I have it because I think all of the software is probably better integrated with the nav system as a whole.
Wow good stuff....I am sad that I didn't get the nav :/ I wish I could go back in time..well I dunno i am coming from a huge car so maybe that's why I'm complaining..just gotta get used to it..I just wish they can just install the nav for me i would be so much happier :/
Old 10-10-13, 01:35 PM
carderoni
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't even want the navigation, but I'm glad I have it because I think all of the software is probably better integrated with the nav system as a whole.
I agree completely. I was dead set on not 'wasting' my money on navigation in any new car, but now that I have it I'm never buying another that that doesn't have it. Speed limits, traffic reports, route guidance and especially the accuracy are FAR better than my phone's GPS + Google Maps.

Quick Reply: Regret is250 f-sport (vs getting GS)?