IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

MOTHERLOAD list of PROS, CONS and discoveries

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-13, 10:54 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4. Software update is supposed to fix this issue.

10. Direct injection noise is what most people are saying. But it is a new car could be something else part of an issue with buying a first model year car. There will be kinks and bugs to be worked out.

48. 3.5 liter V6 AWD isn't going to be good on gas. Most people look at the 26 MPG and think they will get low and mid 20's while driving in the city. You are going to get mid and high teens if lucky. Always before you buy a car look at this website to get real world numbers. www.fuelly.com (Right now there are only 2 people reporting their mileage.)
Old 10-10-13, 11:08 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you test drive the car and go through everything before you bought it or was it ordered sight unseen? I spent a good 30 minutes looking at and going through the IS before I bought it. I knew what it had, didnt have, etc. So I cant really complain about anything since I knew what it was missing before I bought it.
Old 10-10-13, 11:35 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OP, I definitely agree with the Enform slowness being annoying--

But does your Weather and Traffic sometimes not work as well? That's the biggest annoyance for me so far-- I can kind of deal with the lagging but multiples times now, the traffic has not being shown, and when I try to click Traffic or Weather, it says "Data not available"

Originally Posted by dCeption
shocked and appalled, when i looked at OP's profile, it said gender: male,
after reading his post, thought it would be the opposite....
What's that supposed to mean? haha
Old 10-10-13, 11:52 AM
FusterCluk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like OP really didn't do his homework before buying the car if he has this many complaints about it. Not trying to put you down OP, but it seems as though you hate the car and really had no idea what you were buying when you signed the papers.
Old 10-10-13, 12:06 PM
isthree50
Rookie

My local dealer got the nav update in a few days ago I took mine in 2 days ago no more nav freeze or reboot and my biggest complaint of all is fixed my ipod will always connect now instead of only about 50% of the time
Old 10-10-13, 12:10 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Sweeet good to know.. what version do you have for everyone to compare and also is the slowness/twitchiness folks are complaining about still occurring?

Biggest question i have is - if you are using google maps/apple maps on your phone and you plug in via lightning cable to USB, can you still hear the turn by turn from your phone or do you have to pair to bluetooth?
Old 10-10-13, 12:14 PM
isthree50
Rookie

Is there a way the nav can display what version I have I can go take a pic and post it up
Old 10-10-13, 12:15 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350S2K
After all your issues with the car, it still came out on top? I wonder what the others didn't have.
These issues surfaced after delivery, when I had a chance, on my own time, to familiarize myself with the vehicle.

Having had a terrible experience with BMW, the 3 Series was out, not to mention its steering was awful, the C-Class was very antiquated and the A4 was nice, but sort of blah; maybe I should've gone with it!?
Old 10-10-13, 12:17 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

not sure if this works for IS systems since I don't have my IS yet, but see page 431.

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...55U/pdf/13.pdf
Old 10-10-13, 12:19 PM
isthree50
Rookie

Here is what version I'm running I believe
Attached Thumbnails MOTHERLOAD list of PROS, CONS and discoveries-image-1377418712.jpg  
Old 10-10-13, 12:22 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

yeah seems like v10a8400 (from nav slowness thread) is the most recent. Did you see any improvements in navigation speed or snappiness from this update? will pm you regarding some other features.. thanks!
Old 10-10-13, 12:25 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
4. Software update is supposed to fix this issue.

48. 3.5 liter V6 AWD isn't going to be good on gas. Most people look at the 26 MPG and think they will get low and mid 20's while driving in the city. You are going to get mid and high teens if lucky. Always before you buy a car look at this website to get real world numbers. www.fuelly.com (Right now there are only 2 people reporting their mileage.)
Hmm; have to check to see what software version I have, but concerned, as sales manager said he ran my car through service before delivery and that the service manager said it had the latest version from the factory, and thanks for the link to the fuel economy site.

Originally Posted by John510
Did you test drive the car and go through everything before you bought it or was it ordered sight unseen? I spent a good 30 minutes looking at and going through the IS before I bought it. I knew what it had, didnt have, etc. So I cant really complain about anything since I knew what it was missing before I bought it.
Oh, I definitely saw the car many times over; dealt with 4 dealers in total, and test drove at each. Saw 3 F Sports in the process too, but didn't drive an F Sport before delivery. Understood the wheel and suspension setup would make for a more harsh ride, which I'm actually happy with, but yes, knew items would be missing, just venting, I guess; hope to adjust to the nose of the car...

Originally Posted by IntegresS
OP, I definitely agree with the Enform slowness being annoying--

But does your Weather and Traffic sometimes not work as well? That's the biggest annoyance for me so far-- I can kind of deal with the lagging but multiples times now, the traffic has not being shown, and when I try to click Traffic or Weather, it says "Data not available"
Weather works; haven't tried traffic. Do you have the latest software and yours is still slow?

Originally Posted by FusterCluk
Sounds like OP really didn't do his homework before buying the car if he has this many complaints about it. Not trying to put you down OP, but it seems as though you hate the car and really had no idea what you were buying when you signed the papers.
Thanks for the input, but the complete opposite. OCD (not really, but self-diagnosed, lol) and shopped and cross-shopped and shopped. The list is more of what I've noticed after delivery, some of which may be able to be fixed / modified (the center storage compartment on the other hand is what it is)...

Originally Posted by isthree50
My local dealer got the nav update in a few days ago I took mine in 2 days ago no more nav freeze or reboot and my biggest complaint of all is fixed my ipod will always connect now instead of only about 50% of the time
How much quicker is your system? Still a delay when changing radio volume and radio stations?

Thanks for all the input everyone! Good, tight-knight forum, here!

Last edited by dbs600; 10-10-13 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-10-13, 12:26 PM
isthree50
Rookie

Well I haven't driven a whole lot since I did the update at the dealer 2 days ago this is the USB update too not one the car does on its own I've noticed the response is a bit quicker and more fluid, it doesn't freeze or at least hasn't yet, but my only big complaint is I leave my ipod connected with the USB jack in the center console before I got the update it would only connect 50% of the time now it always connects so I'm happy
Old 10-10-13, 12:59 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Thinking of the whole purchase ordeal.

Maybe I was distracted by how well the IS350 AWD drove!?

Don't know, but definitely looked the car up and down.

Last edited by dbs600; 10-10-13 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-10-13, 01:21 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

sounds like the MAIN things you are happy with (comfort/driveability/looks) and the cons are really just nitpickyness (high start button, ashtray, plastics, nuluxe vs leather).

the only non-nitpicky thing i see is probably the nav performance which will probably be fixed by sW updates

no car will satisfy someone 100% over

Quick Reply: MOTHERLOAD list of PROS, CONS and discoveries