dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very true; thanks, alexlude!
Old 10-10-13, 03:01 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just played with the bluetooth function for playing music off my tablet. The volume on the tablet has to be set at high in order for you her hear it on the car's stereo.

I think I'll just buy a 16gb mini USB drive or go old school and use the CD's.
Old 10-10-13, 03:36 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Think on the bright side of things. You have a brand new Lexus IS!!! How may people out there would absolutely love to be in your shoes right now. It could be worse. You could be driving a 1995 Hyundai.
Old 10-10-13, 04:16 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks, John.

Do you guys think the heated seat strength can be increased through programming (possible on BMW's)?

How about:

Adding double press to the Start-Stop button to shut down the car?

Increasing camera quality? Can you guys confirm that it isn't too clear on yours as well?

And fixing the differences in volume from source to source?

Thanks!

Last edited by dbs600; 10-10-13 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-10-13, 04:27 PM
enoren
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My opinion: seat heaters work just fine (I don't know how hot you expect them to be).

I have no idea what the double press Start-Stop is. I don't find it difficult to put my foot on the brake and press the button once.

My rear-view camera is crystal clear, so I have no issues with the quality.

Sorry, all of these supposed issues sound like they're in your head. Either that or your expectations were unreasonably high.
Old 10-10-13, 04:28 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

And what does everyone do with their cell phone when they want to charge same?

Do you place it in the storage compartment below the center arm rest or is there a better way / place to keep it, so it's still easily accessible...?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-13, 04:31 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dbs600
And what does everyone do with their cell phone when they want to charge same?

Do you place it in the storage compartment below the center arm rest or is there a better way / place to keep it, so it's still easily accessible...?

Thanks!
I leave mine on the space where the seat heater buttons are. I use it for Pandora.
Old 10-10-13, 04:32 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by enoren
I have no idea what the double press Start-Stop is.
It's when you want to shut down completely, you press Start-Stop twice; the first time takes the car to accessory mode and the second turns it off (similar to how when you had multiple key positions on a regular turn-key ignition; you would have to pass accessory mode to completely shut off the car)...
Old 10-10-13, 04:32 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

7. WTF is wrong with the interior in having a cigarette lighter plug inside the center storage compartment below the arm rest!? The storage compartment below the arm rest is so poorly designed that I can’t even store Starbucks paper napkins without them getting crushed, much less if I plug my cell phone charger adapter in there! WTF, WTF, WTF!

Smoking is not good for your health anyway. Do you steal a stack of napkins from Starbucks?

9. Don’t smoke, but no ashtray for change / coins!?

Go to ebay or a .99 store and buy a coin tube. Besides, you can use credit card for parking in NYC these days

35. Poor rear view camera picture quality

Well, it's not a digital camera for picture taking.

8. Don’t like that I have to have my cell phone in the center storage compartment to charge; thinking to drill a hole between the storage compartment and the forward most cup holder to slip a charger line through.

Why do this? If you look carefully, there is a tiny space that allows you to close the cover of the central compartment fully and leave the cable outside. (so that you don't have to charge your devices inside the compartment.)

44. Does EZ Pass work throughout the windshield or is there a special cut out somewhere for it to be placed? Have had this problem on Mercedes’ and BMW’s with special glass

Yes, it works throughout the windshield. Don't worry.

13. Wish the plastic quality on the interior was better

I'm satisfied with the plastic quality. My buddy bought a 2014 Audi TT, and the plastic in the cabin is s h i t t y. I guess it all depends on what you're comparing to.

And I think you're a funny guy.

Last edited by doctorttt; 10-10-13 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-10-13, 04:36 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by doctorttt
7. WTF is wrong with the interior in having a cigarette lighter plug inside the center storage compartment below the arm rest!? The storage compartment below the arm rest is so poorly designed that I can’t even store Starbucks paper napkins without them getting crushed, much less if I plug my cell phone charger adapter in there! WTF, WTF, WTF!

Smoking is not good for your health anyway.
Ha; but with all of the electronic tools / toys surrounding us these days, where are we excepted to keep them when charging, in the compartment!?

My LX470 has two cigarette lighter plugs towards the bottom of the dash, which I can plug items into and have them rest in the cup holders or by the transfer case shift gate, which is very easy / accessible.
Old 10-10-13, 04:37 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Go to ebay or a .99 store and buy a coin tube. Besides, you can use credit card for parking in NYC these days
May use a small medicine bottle, but still, there should be a designated area to keep lose change (for parking, drive-throughs (not that I frequent any), etc.), as there should be an area for sunglasses. Just common sense when designing a modern day car.
Old 10-10-13, 04:39 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

48. And, last, but not least, any reason why my MPG’s haven’t been good? Hovering around 10, according to the computer, which is crazy, as I bought this car for fuel economy. Anything to do with a break in period? I'm sure it'll get better.

ANYWAY, hope this thing is good in snow. :|

Thanks for reading.

Just because you have F-Sport you don't have to floor it at every signal light! 10MPG!? That is horrible. I assume you have IS350.

What are the tire sizes on your AWD? If you have same size as RWD, I'm wondering how effective 255/35/18s even on AWD will be on snow.
Old 10-10-13, 04:44 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha; but with all of the electronic tools / toys surrounding us these days, where are we excepted to keep them when charging, in the compartment!?

My LX470 has two cigarette lighter plugs towards the bottom of the dash, which I can plug items into and have them rest in the cup holders or by the transfer case shift gate, which is very easy / accessible.
If you look carefully, there is a tiny space that allows you to close the cover of the central compartment fully and leave the cable outside. (so that you don't have to charge your devices inside the compartment.)
Old 10-10-13, 04:48 PM
John510
Lead Lap

If you look carefully, there is a tiny space that allows you to close the cover of the central compartment fully and leave the cable outside. (so that you don't have to charge your devices inside the compartment.)
Damn this whole time Ive been pinching my Iphone cable by slamming the console door down. Now Im off to go find this space.
Old 10-10-13, 04:56 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Picture please!

Quick Reply: MOTHERLOAD list of PROS, CONS and discoveries