IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Two Fsports at the mall just now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13 | 06:57 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Default Two Fsports at the mall just now!

Unbelievable! It was great talking to another owner about how "fun," in her words, it is to drive this car!
Attached Thumbnails Two Fsports at the mall just now!-image-128923933.jpg  
Old 10-14-13 | 07:35 PM
enoren
Pole Position

She sure doesn't know how to park her brand new IS. She's on the fricking line! How many door dings does she have at this point?
Old 10-14-13 | 07:38 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eyeball
Unbelievable! It was great talking to another owner about how "fun," in her words, it is to drive this car!
I haven't seen one driving around here yet. May be it's your picture but IS looks tiny!
Old 10-14-13 | 08:54 PM
ISISGUY
Rookie

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I haven't seen one driving around here yet. May be it's your picture but IS looks tiny!
It's deceivingly small. My co-worker has a 2IS, parked next to each other they look about the same, but she couldn't get over how much bigger my car is on the inside. But you're right, doesn't look big at all.
Old 10-14-13 | 10:07 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

The rear of the car it not its forte (wish it didn’t taper / narrow off as much as it does), but almost every other angle, as well as the interior (aesthetics, not ergonomics) is great.

But both cars are so new they don't even have plates!

Last edited by dbs600; 10-14-13 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-14-13 | 10:27 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Originally Posted by enoren
She sure doesn't know how to park her brand new IS. She's on the fricking line! How many door dings does she have at this point?
I hate when people do this thinking it's a single line parking space. She probably opened the door saw the outer line and thought she was in the clear.

OP, you should have helped her out, look at all that extra clearance she has on the passenger side. If she was driving alone she should have taken advantage of that space and parked closer to the rail. She's pushing any car that parks in the middle closer to your car, which gives you less buffer space.
Old 10-14-13 | 10:28 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

agree whenever i see the 3IS @ the dealership, it looks really small like too small.. esp parked next to ISF or even 2IS.. but once you're inside (and in the rear) it is actually pretty roomy

like dbs said, because of its high tapering *** that gives it the smaller feel...

love the look of obsidian, but being how I am, would worry too much about keeping it clean.. ultra white it is!

Last edited by alexlude; 10-14-13 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-14-13 | 10:45 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Originally Posted by alexlude
love the look of obsidian, but being how I am, would worry too much about keeping it clean.. ultra white it is!
You're going to love Ultra White. The first couple weeks I had my car there would be some white cars that parked near me at work, they looked yellowed compared to my Ultra White. Now all the white cars have moved far away to a different location in shame No one does white better than Lexus, not even BMW's whites are as nice as Ultra White.
Old 10-14-13 | 10:48 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

cant wait bro!!! my 350 f sport comes end of oct/beginning of november and i'm stoked!! what part of CA are u from... Norcal or socal?
Old 10-14-13 | 10:55 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

I'm in the Bay Area, you can see my car if you commute on 101. I mostly drive around Palo Alto or Mountain View. I've only seen one other Ultra White so far, saw two Nebula Grey and a blue one.
Old 10-14-13 | 10:59 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

ahhh nice.. i'm in the bay as well.. i've only seen non f sports on the freeway around fremont/newark area... you have rioja red interior as well? where did u swoop yours up? Stevens creek? Magnussen?

a blue one? ahh probably the blue mica?
Old 10-14-13 | 11:35 PM
Oxytocin
Driver

Yeah, I have red interior. I got it from Steven's Creek, nothing off retail price. I got the one with ML and power steering wheel, wanted radar cruise control, but not too useful since it only goes down to 25 mph, the LS's would be more useful in traffic, just sit back and relax... lol. Also wanted power rear sunshade, but didn't want to wait too long with a custom order. Plus these are just wants that I'm sure I'd never use. Though I would trade in BSM for park assist.
Old 10-15-13 | 12:15 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
Yeah, I have red interior. I got it from Steven's Creek, nothing off retail price. I got the one with ML and power steering wheel, wanted radar cruise control, but not too useful since it only goes down to 25 mph, the LS's would be more useful in traffic, just sit back and relax... lol. Also wanted power rear sunshade, but didn't want to wait too long with a custom order. Plus these are just wants that I'm sure I'd never use. Though I would trade in BSM for park assist.
Park assist is not available for F-Sport. Where did you hear adaptive cruise only goes down to 25MPH? That option is bundled with PCS.
Old 10-15-13 | 12:31 AM
Oxytocin
Driver

Yeah, I know its not available, I'm just saying it'd be more useful than BSM. PCS and adaptive cruise control go hand in hand now with most automakers.

This article gives a brief description of ACC in the 3IS.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...e-bmw-3-series
Old 10-15-13 | 06:45 AM
sloosh
Driver

Originally Posted by enoren
Neither OP nor the woman can park. Both are on the lines.

Quick Reply: Two Fsports at the mall just now!