IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Present for the wifey

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-13, 11:36 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

SW13GS - don't know about you but my parents couldn't afford to raise me on the very best but they gave me the core values and the encouragement to go out and earn the very best on my own.

This person lives in the reflected glory and abundance that his/her parents created -- society remembers a person who's a creator of their own.

Based on @MerlotISF posting I'd rather hang out with a cow!

Also, if this person was raised to expect the very best -- why buy a Lexus? Great car but not the very best.
Old 12-14-13, 11:37 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MerlotISF
I am 24 years old and I have a good education and a good job. My partner is 28 and has a great education as well and a great job. We live in one of the nicest apartment complexes in the St. Louis area... My parents were pretty much raised in the same way. Wealthy families live with their noses above everyone.
Your nose is stuck so far up in the air you'd drown during a spring shower. If you were really good -- you'd own the complex and would have bought it on your own.
Old 12-14-13, 11:43 AM
MerlotISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
SW13GS - don't know about you but my parents couldn't afford to raise me on the very best but they gave me the core values and the encouragement to go out and earn the very best on my own.

This person lives in the reflected glory and abundance that his/her parents created -- society remembers a person who's a creator of their own.

Based on @MerlotISF posting I'd rather hang out with a cow!

Also, if this person was raised to expect the very best -- why buy a Lexus? Great car but not the very best.
Your nose is stuck so far up in the air you'd drown during a spring shower. If you were really good -- you'd own the complex and would have bought it on your own.
By the way, I'm a gay moderately wealthy male and I always make sure I get what I want, same with my parner. We live in a tiny 1150 sq. ft apartment that is in the Clayton on the Park complex but we really don't need anything bigger since we don't have kids, yet. I am friendly. LOL!
Old 12-14-13, 12:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,746 Likes on 1,964 Posts

By the way, I'm a gay moderately wealthy male and I always make sure I get what I want, same with my parner. We live in a tiny 1150 sq. ft apartment that is in the Clayton on the Park complex but we really don't need anything bigger since we don't have kids, yet. I am friendly. LOL!
At 24 years old...you have not been working long enough to have become "moderately wealthy".If you do honestly have wealth, it came from the efforts of others (why someone with wealth would rent an apartment while owning three 2013 model cars, but thats another discussion). Your posts reek of those of a spoiled kid who thinks he has it all figured out at 24. You don't.

You talk about going around with one's nose in the air, I'm not sure whether you think you have the right to do that or are looking down on people who do that...but you've been doing that all over this thread.

I grew up in an upper middle class household. My Dad was very successful, but he came from a family that didn't have much (my grandfather was a coal miner). While I certainly didn't want for anything, I was raised to appreciate the type of lifestyle that I had, how rare being able to live that sort of lifestyle is, and the sort of work it was going to take in my life to be able to provide that sort of life for myself and my family.

The problem is that people this kid's generation are being raised to think they are special, and that they can do and have anything they want. I was raised to have confidence in myself and to believe that I am capable and hardworking, but I was never told I was special or better than anybody else. You can see that attitude all over this kid's posts.

The entitlement these people have is unreal. Thats why so many of them live at home still, feeling entry level jobs after college are beneath them. You've got schools that abolish grades, and sports leagues that don't keep score, participation trophies. People at 24 that think they have earned the right to "live their life at its best" and look down their nose at other people when they have achieved nothing but being born into or marrying into wealth. Its scary when you think they're going to be the future of this country.

Last edited by SW17LS; 12-14-13 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-14-13, 12:07 PM
MerlotISF
Rookie

The reason we rent the apartment is because we do not need a house... we are on the go 99% of the time and everything at the apartment is taken care of for us, so we don't have to worry about it. we get complimentary car detailing and everything. We have a spa on premises and as well as tanning and everything we need. Our apartment is only 1150 sq. ft. A younger gay couple like us, doesn't have kids yet so there is no need for a house. http://www.claytonontheparkapts.com/
Old 12-14-13, 12:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The reason we rent the apartment is because we do not need a house... we are on the go 99% of the time and everything at the apartment is taken care of for us
Then buy a condo. Spending all that money on rent when you could own a condo with the capability of building equity while using money that is low interest and tax deductible is foolish. You can buy a condo today, keep it when you decide to move to a house and rent it out. You're 24...it will have grown heavily in value by the time you're 54. Instead...you just pay to make the apartment complex's owner wealthier. That is how "wealthy people" think.

A younger gay couple like us,
You keep mentioning that you're gay. Nobody cares.
Old 12-14-13, 12:34 PM
McBrain
Driver

Don't waste your breath. He smells of troll.
Attached Thumbnails Present for the wifey-star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg  
Old 12-14-13, 12:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by McBrain
Don't waste your breath. He smells of troll.
Now we know where he lives LOL
Old 12-14-13, 01:15 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW13GS
You keep mentioning that you're gay. Nobody cares.
I agree. I don't think your sexual orientation makes you a better or worse Lexus car enthusiast
Old 12-14-13, 02:23 PM
MerlotISF
Rookie

It makes me a better Lexus enthusiast... I am saying, we do not have kids yet and no point in moving when we are gone 99% of the time and have no time for cleaning or upkeep on a property. Our apartment complex does it for us.
Old 12-14-13, 02:25 PM
MerlotISF
Rookie

Now we know where he lives LOL
And to get into the property, you have to have my code or my fob... its called controlled access. To get into the parking garages you have to have a code.
Old 12-14-13, 02:32 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Please stop....
Old 12-14-13, 02:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

And to get into the property, you have to have my code or my fob... its called controlled access. To get into the parking garages you have to have a code.
I'm joking. Get a grip.

To piggyback on what McBrain said about trolls. So, this is your viewpoint on NuLuxe today, 12/15/13:

I don't get why people would want the Nu Luxe... its disgusting and embarrassing. My mom is getting an Ultra White/ Rioja 250 F-Sport AWD, and I cannot stand the excuse for "leather"
And in response to whether or not you had seen NuLuxe in person:

Yes, I have... My partner and I looked at several ES350s and 300h's with the Nu Luxe.
We established your partner has a 2013 ES UL:

I don't love the NuLuxe but I could get over it... I guess I am used to the leather and suede combo in my 2013 Camry SE, leather in my Venza and the leather in my partners 2013 ES350 UL.
You know, rainy snowy Saturday...I'm bored. I remembered discussing this with you before, so I looked around. This post in the thread "To Nuluxe or not to Nuluxe!?!?!? that is the question." I found quite curious:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8009599-post12.html

Nuluxe is a very nice alternative to the leather, yes it is a little different, but people do not notice unless you tell them, my buddies BMW 320i has the leatherette and he thought it my Nuluxe was real leather. It doesn't look cheap, IMO Nuluxe is a great choice. I have the Nuluxe in my ES350, although I do not have the heated seats, I like it. It isn't as nice as my 2013 Camry SE's leather with the Ultrasuede, but you will like it. No problems here!
Interesting. So, on 6/26/13 you thought the NuLuxe was great...and your ES350 was a model with NuLuxe and no heated seats. Less than 6 months later now the ES350 is a UL and NuLuxe is "disgusting and embarrassing"?

I think all of this is some sort of fantasy.
Old 12-14-13, 04:12 PM
bucanero
Pole Position

This thread is loaded with the LOL's!
Old 12-14-13, 04:30 PM
iampraneel
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm joking. Get a grip. To piggyback on what McBrain said about trolls. So, this is your viewpoint on NuLuxe today, 12/15/13: And in response to whether or not you had seen NuLuxe in person: We established your partner has a 2013 ES UL: You know, rainy snowy Saturday...I'm bored. I remembered discussing this with you before, so I looked around. This post in the thread "To Nuluxe or not to Nuluxe!?!?!? that is the question." I found quite curious: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8009599-post12.html Interesting. So, on 6/26/13 you thought the NuLuxe was great...and your ES350 was a model with NuLuxe and no heated seats. Less than 6 months later now the ES350 is a UL and NuLuxe is "disgusting and embarrassing"? I think all of this is some sort of fantasy.
Somebody just spilled the Merlot.

Quick Reply: Present for the wifey