IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-13, 05:11 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Finally!

Ok. I didn't get my car yet but envious of everyone who's been getting theirs recently!

My car arrived at port on 12/6 but still have not gotten even a confirmation from dealer that it's on it's way to them. Not sure what's going on... How long does it take to get to MN? Could it be it's still at Portland port!???.

I really hope I'll have it in another week!
Old 12-14-13, 05:45 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome

Ok. I didn't get my car yet but envious of everyone who's been getting theirs recently!

My car arrived at port on 12/6 but still have not gotten even a confirmation from dealer that it's on it's way to them. Not sure what's going on... How long does it take to get to MN? Could it be it's still at Portland port!???.

I really hope I'll have it in another week!
Great news! I don't know about the logistics from Portland to Minnesota, but I could share my recent experience on the East Coast for what it might be worth. My car arrived on Friday Nov. 29th at the port of Newark (NJ). It was "processed" the following Friday,, Dec. 6th. So. it took a week to get to my car, go through customs, etc. Now my dealer is only an hour and a half from the port, so my car was trucked there on Saturday Dec. 7th. I took delivery on Wednesday Dec 11th. So, the whole process was special order on August 13th, accepted by Lexus August 20th, built the week of October 21st, shipped out on October 29th,, through the Panama Canal on November 21st, etc.

It was four months for me and I think fairly long for you as well, Sony. So I hope the rest of the process (customs, rail? trucking) goes quickly!
Old 12-14-13, 05:46 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Well at least it's on the mainland
Old 12-15-13, 03:13 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Great news! I don't know about the logistics from Portland to Minnesota, but I could share my recent experience on the East Coast for what it might be worth. My car arrived on Friday Nov. 29th at the port of Newark (NJ). It was "processed" the following Friday,, Dec. 6th. So. it took a week to get to my car, go through customs, etc. Now my dealer is only an hour and a half from the port, so my car was trucked there on Saturday Dec. 7th. I took delivery on Wednesday Dec 11th. So, the whole process was special order on August 13th, accepted by Lexus August 20th, built the week of October 21st, shipped out on October 29th,, through the Panama Canal on November 21st, etc.

It was four months for me and I think fairly long for you as well, Sony. So I hope the rest of the process (customs, rail? trucking) goes quickly!
Thanks for the information about the time it takes to clear customs. Hopefully next week my car will be on it's way to my dealer and I can finally pick it up. My timeline so far has been little better.

9/23 - Ordered
11/15 - Built
11/25 - Shipped
12/6 - Arrived at Port
Old 12-15-13, 03:28 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Thanks for the information about the time it takes to clear customs. Hopefully next week my car will be on it's way to my dealer and I can finally pick it up. My timeline so far has been little better.

9/23 - Ordered
11/15 - Built
11/25 - Shipped
12/6 - Arrived at Port
Yeah, I hope you get it soon, Sony. Hard , possibly, to equate the last legs of our respective car's journeys. The long time my car spent in port may (?) have to do with the fact that is it essentially came into the Port of New York the day after a Holiday (Thanksgiving). Your time there may be shorter. On the other hand, your car may have to have some combination of trucking and rail, while my dealership was relatively close to the port.

My salesman called me when the car came into port. He told me then that the next information he would have was when the car was being processed there. On the day of processing he knew the actual delivery window. Hope this additional info helps you!
Old 12-15-13, 03:43 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I hope you get it soon, Sony. Hard , possibly, to equate the last legs of our respective car's journeys. The long time my car spent in port may (?) have to do with the fact that is it essentially came into the Port of New York the day after a Holiday (Thanksgiving). Your time there may be shorter. On the other hand, your car may have to have some combination of trucking and rail, while my dealership was relatively close to the port.

My salesman called me when the car came into port. He told me then that the next information he would have was when the car was being processed there. On the day of processing he knew the actual delivery window. Hope this additional info helps you!
How has your car been? Are you facing any of the issues others have mentioned around navigation & brake dust? Anything you are more disappointed about than expected?
Old 12-15-13, 03:58 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

How has your car been? Are you facing any of the issues others have mentioned around navigation & brake dust? Anything you are more disappointed about than expected?
I have experienced no problems of any kind so far. The brake dust is no worse than on the BMW the IS replaces. I kept the dust issue at bay for the 12 years I owned it by doing a couple of things.
First, I waxed the wheels periodically. Second, I used manual mode downshifts to slow the car in its final stages of decelleration before a stop. I am doing the same thing with my 3IS, with the paddle shifters making the downshifting more fun! When I use the paddle shifter in this manner, the car automatically goes back into automatic ("D") mode when the car comes to a stop.

Last edited by CtSFox; 12-15-13 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added something
Old 12-15-13, 04:28 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

You also asked if there was anything that disappointed me. Well, not so far. The only negative thing I can say at this point is that the car does not have the same low end torque that my old BMW (e46) 3 series had, but this is not a disappointment as I knew this from the test drive. I realy like how this car is so well balanced and how comfortable the seats are, especially as compared to sport seats in my last car. When I want the car to resemble my e46, all I have to do is put in sport+ mode. In normal mode, I like how the IS is so much more quiet and solid feeling than my old car.

The only "disappointment" I guess would have to do with the custom mats I ordered, and this is a "first world" or "white girl" problem to be sure. I ordered a beautiful set of custome all weather mats (black with red dots) from cocomats.com. They sent me a driver's side mat for the RWD version, so I have to send it back. However, I must say they responded to me the same day and are making a new one AWD.
Old 12-15-13, 05:07 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

You also asked if there was anything that disappointed me. Well, not so far. The only negative thing I can say at this point is that the car does not have the same low end torque that my old BMW (e46) 3 series had, but this is not a disappointment as I knew this from the test drive. I realy like how this car is so well balanced and how comfortable the seats are, especially as compared to sport seats in my last car. When I want the car to resemble my e46, all I have to do is put in sport+ mode. In normal mode, I like how the IS is so much more quiet and solid feeling than my old car.

The only "disappointment" I guess would have to do with the custom mats I ordered, and this is a "first world" or "white girl" problem to be sure. I ordered a beautiful set of custome all weather mats (black with red dots) from cocomats.com. They sent me a driver's side mat for the RWD version, so I have to send it back. However, I must say they responded to me the same day and are making a new one AWD.
Glad to hear things are good with the car and sounds like you will have one unique looking mats in your car!

Please post some pictures for everyone to see.
Old 12-15-13, 05:10 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Soon Sony. Soon. Please do post pics.
Old 12-15-13, 05:27 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Glad to hear things are good with the car and sounds like you will have one unique looking mats in your car!

Please post some pictures for everyone to see.
Here is a shot of that mat in the car. Crummy night photo, but it really looks great with the Rioja interior
Attached Thumbnails Finally!-image.jpg  
Old 12-15-13, 05:50 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Glashub
Soon Sony. Soon. Please do post pics.
Yeah. I'm hoping I'll have the car by 12/23 and I'll post pics then.
Old 12-15-13, 05:53 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Look nice. Glad you were able to personalize the car to your liking. While browsing the YouTube I saw another 3IS F Sport that had custom mats and I thought it looked cool!

You can see it ~4:30 in below video.
Old 12-16-13, 03:23 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

My sales guy informed me that even after 10 days since my car arrived at Portland port my car is still at the port showing processing. WTH! It takes longer to process through the port than it takes to get here from Japan!?

He indicated now I should get it by end of December! WTH, Arghhhh! Not cool!
Old 12-16-13, 04:28 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

My sales guy informed me that even after 10 days since my car arrived at Portland port my car is still at the port showing processing. WTH! It takes longer to process through the port than it takes to get here from Japan!?

He indicated now I should get it by end of December! WTH, Arghhhh! Not cool!
Extra days processing? Are you having some special items installed at the port?

Quick Reply: Finally!