IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Driver Door Unlocking Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-13, 01:44 PM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Door Unlocking Issue

Came across an interesting problem with my 3IS f-sport driver's door not unlocking and wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

When walking up to the car (with key in my pocket), puddle lights come on, I put my hand on the door handle to open, hear the beep which tells me the car is unlocked, and I squeeze to open... and the driver's door stays locked and does not let me in. I take my key out, press the unlock button a few times, still stays locked. This has happened 3-4 times over the last month very randomly. I've had to climb into the passenger side and open my driver's door (all 3 other doors & trunk become unlocked).

Also the other day, I pulled my 3IS out of my garage and realized I forgot something inside my house. I put the car in park, left the car running, and went inside with my key in my pocket. I came back out and the driver's door was locked and would again not let me in. I pressed the unlock button, still would not let me in. I looked inside and could see a yellow triangle ! blinking next to my gauges. (first time this has happened with car running)

Obviously, I'll be calling my dealer to bring it in... the only problem is, I can't seem to recreate the issue - it happens randomly. Has anyone come across this one? Appreciate any help.
Old 12-27-13, 08:50 PM
Slimjimlim
Driver School Candidate

I have a couple of times.... but haven't had it come up again.
Old 12-27-13, 09:22 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you should check your door lock settings in the navigation screen. maybe something is set there to not let it unlock.
Old 12-27-13, 09:52 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corsjr28
Came across an interesting problem with my 3IS f-sport driver's door not unlocking and wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

When walking up to the car (with key in my pocket), puddle lights come on, I put my hand on the door handle to open, hear the beep which tells me the car is unlocked, and I squeeze to open... and the driver's door stays locked and does not let me in. I take my key out, press the unlock button a few times, still stays locked. This has happened 3-4 times over the last month very randomly. I've had to climb into the passenger side and open my driver's door (all 3 other doors & trunk become unlocked).

Also the other day, I pulled my 3IS out of my garage and realized I forgot something inside my house. I put the car in park, left the car running, and went inside with my key in my pocket. I came back out and the driver's door was locked and would again not let me in. I pressed the unlock button, still would not let me in. I looked inside and could see a yellow triangle ! blinking next to my gauges. (first time this has happened with car running)

Obviously, I'll be calling my dealer to bring it in... the only problem is, I can't seem to recreate the issue - it happens randomly. Has anyone come across this one? Appreciate any help.
List of issues for this car is growing with few getting resolved! How is your heated seats working in WI winter? Is it worthless as a lot are posting? Lexus needs to start addressing these issues soon particularly the Nav issue.
Old 12-28-13, 02:40 PM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dstopsie
you should check your door lock settings in the navigation screen. maybe something is set there to not let it unlock.
Thanks for the suggestion - I looked today and didn't see anything out of the ordinary unfortunately.
Old 12-28-13, 02:43 PM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SonyHome
List of issues for this car is growing with few getting resolved! How is your heated seats working in WI winter? Is it worthless as a lot are posting? Lexus needs to start addressing these issues soon particularly the Nav issue.
What's the Nav issue? I must have missed that one, my nav is working fine.

Regarding my heated seats, I completely agree with everyone on here... it's so weak. It's been between -5 and 30 degrees over the last few weeks so obviously I can feel it coming in the car from that freezing weather, but it's nothing like the heated seats in my former Audi's where the seats were really hot and toasty. I will be complaining to my dealership and Lexus about it like everyone else.

I still can't figure out how to reproduce this issue of my door not unlocking, it only happens once every 20 times.
Old 11-30-21, 01:37 PM
manataur
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 2016 does this now and my passenger door is starting to. Someone mentioned door lock actuator is the part for the fix.
Old 11-30-21, 04:51 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

Just saw the comments about the seat heaters.. I think they work really well, the 3rd level is too hot for me and they warm up relatively fast.. still feel the heat when I'm wearing a full down jacket. Temperatures around here get as low as 15-20F