IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015 is

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-14, 11:41 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

if there was a power bump they wouldve announced it to hype it up more. Main reason I was originally holding out for a 2015 IS, but when I found out the RC engine is the same, just went ahead with a 2014
Old 01-05-14, 11:43 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Oxytocin
That's true, but to get people to stick with the 3IS they'd need something the RC doesn't have, besides two more doors. It might be a surprise?
I'm not sure about that. BMW 3 (four door) and the new 4 (coupe) share the same engines, drivetrains and most if not all options. I think coupes and sedans are complimentary rather than competing products.
Old 01-08-14, 05:52 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

RC-F is calling your name Wednesday.

Old 01-08-14, 08:38 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed 2015 RC F has cooled and memory seats. Does this indicate 2015 IS F Sport will get these now?
There is also a button called TVD next to the traction off button. What is that?

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-08-14 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-08-14, 08:51 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That RC F is hot! I need to win the lotto.....
Old 01-08-14, 08:59 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Love the dual color stitching! The seats look upgraded too. Even bigger cupholders (which is my gripe rather than placement others have). I wonder how that mouse works in comparison to ours. Not liking that chrome accent in the steering column ...just comes off as cheesy (small complaint tho!). Looks like they put a clear plastic over the fake carbon fiber paneling which looks like it could be a nice touch, hard to tell by the picture though. I'm surprised the F-Sport model doesn't have the LFA gauge cluster.
Old 01-08-14, 09:05 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slust
Love the dual color stitching! The seats look upgraded too. Even bigger cupholders (which is my gripe rather than placement others have). I wonder how that mouse works in comparison to ours. Not liking that chrome accent in the steering column ...just comes off as cheesy (small complaint tho!). Looks like they put a clear plastic over the fake carbon fiber paneling which looks like it could be a nice touch, hard to tell by the picture though. I'm surprised the F-Sport model doesn't have the LFA gauge cluster.
Gauge may not move like in IS but it looks like it's TFT with bezel. Only part that may not be TFT is right side. I don't really care for the thicker casing around the clock.
Old 01-08-14, 09:17 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Gauge may not move like in IS but it looks like it's TFT with bezel. Only part that may not be TFT is right side. I don't really care for the thicker casing around the clock.
TFT? I keep thinking Monitor and TV panels when I see TFT.

I was trying to figure out why the clock looked so different. Gotta agree with you on that. I do like that widescreen nav screen!

edit: nvm, I think that is exactly what you mean. Ya, right side still appears to be analog.

Last edited by Slust; 01-08-14 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-08-14, 09:20 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Slust
TFT? I keep thinking Monitor and TV panels when I see TFT.

I was trying to figure out why the clock looked so different. Gotta agree with you on that. I do like that widescreen nav screen!
I think the nav screen is same size as IS. Also part where the audio and climate buttons are looks like things are condensed and not as nice looking as the current setup. It also looks like it's higher off the shifter base. It just looks weird to me.

I wonder if they are using nulux and foams stuff in the seats?
Old 01-08-14, 09:23 PM
Slust
Pole Position

I'm going to guess nulux. Everyone who gets in my car says, "OMG I love your soft leather!" Outside of people who actually research and know, no one can tell the difference so no point in going with true leather. Not to mention you are more likely to get pleather than good quality leather.
Old 01-08-14, 11:52 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lemon buy back? What exactly does that mean for the 2014 models?
Old 01-09-14, 01:52 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I think the nav screen is same size as IS. Also part where the audio and climate buttons are looks like things are condensed and not as nice looking as the current setup. It also looks like it's higher off the shifter base. It just looks weird to me.

I wonder if they are using nulux and foams stuff in the seats?
This is leather. Note the ventilated seat controls. NuLuxe3 has evolved to have perforations but due to construction of the seat, they cannot add ventilation

Old 01-09-14, 03:00 AM
falundir
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please tell me that is not a track pad in place of the mouse….

Anyone ever see a laptop with a black track pad after a few years? The oils make it look pretty nasty..
Old 01-09-14, 06:18 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are drooling over the RC-F with the V-8 and comparing it to the IS? It's going to cost probably about 20k more than an IS350. I would hope at that price point it has butt coolers, etc. Do note that this car does not allow for suspension adjustments according to Motor Trend. Sheesh.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._f_first_look/
Old 01-09-14, 08:12 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
You guys are drooling over the RC-F with the V-8 and comparing it to the IS? It's going to cost probably about 20k more than an IS350. I would hope at that price point it has butt coolers, etc. Do note that this car does not allow for suspension adjustments according to Motor Trend. Sheesh. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._f_first_look/
I'm guessing it will cost about the same as M4. Probably $70-$80k. Yeah at that price point we should be getting seat cooler and memory.

Quick Reply: 2015 is