IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Terrible service, do they ever listen?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-14, 03:27 PM
waxy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible service, do they ever listen?

I finally got my car back from fixing the driver side window which made loud grinding sounds when rolling it up.
One of several issues that came up, which really pissed the $#!+ out of me;

1. My steering wheel, has a small razor blade cut through the bottom portion of the wheel.
It looks as though, one of their technicians was wearing a keychain while moving around the interior of the vehicle and pressed against it.

2. The Shift ****, has several scuffs on it and it's now tarnished, no longer looks or feels new.
Again, this is due to the technician carrying either a key or moving their tools around and pressing against it.

3. MY EFFIN CAR HAS SWIRLS FROM AN EFFIN CARWASH OMFG how many effin times do I have to tell them don't wash my friggen car... I even put a friggen post it on the damn window in yellow.

This pisses me off so much I swear.

All the told me was, "Sir, we can remove the swirls and buff it up if you'd like to bring it back."

I'm tired of this, what should I do regarding my steering wheel and the shift ****?
Any thoughts would be considered.

I never carry any keys, or anything sharp with me, not even a house key.
Our house uses a Kevo, it's a keyless entry using the smart phone app and all you have to do is touch the door lock to open. Aside from that, the object had to be really sharp to be cutting through the leather as it is really resistant.
Old 01-22-14, 04:28 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about the dealerships obvious disregard for the care of your car. I have had this happen to me with my new 370. My headliner was cut too short from te factory, so it was pulling away at the sides. The dealership agreed to replace the headliner with a new one. Got the car back, and all the interior A,B, and hatch plastic panels had gouges in them from being removed. Looked like flathead screwdrivers were used to pry them off and scraped all over them. They looked at it and tried to resist, but was finally able to get them to replace all with a threat to file a complaint at Nissan NA.
Good luck with getting it resolved!
Old 01-22-14, 04:39 PM
waxy
Pole Position

I just got off the phone with one of my advisers and I got an email.

We're pending confirmation from her manage to see what they decide to do.

As you can already tell, I purchased the car, not leasing it.

I'll update with the results.
Old 01-22-14, 04:57 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Let me know what they can do about the scurffed steering wheel.. mine is exactly like that because of the dealer..
Old 01-22-14, 05:00 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

let us know the outcome!
Old 01-22-14, 05:18 PM
pheonix72
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about your situation. Thank you for sharing your horrible experience. Hope they straighten it out for you. When I bring my car in foe services, I know my local dealer inspected and documented detail conditions of the exterior but not the interior. I will have to pay attention from now on.

I have laminated a big bright Orange card with "Do NOT wash MY car" and tape it to the steering wheel everytime
Old 01-22-14, 07:58 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by waxy
I finally got my car back from fixing the driver side window which made loud grinding sounds when rolling it up.
One of several issues that came up, which really pissed the $#!+ out of me;

1. My steering wheel, has a small razor blade cut through the bottom portion of the wheel.
It looks as though, one of their technicians was wearing a keychain while moving around the interior of the vehicle and pressed against it.

2. The Shift ****, has several scuffs on it and it's now tarnished, no longer looks or feels new.
Again, this is due to the technician carrying either a key or moving their tools around and pressing against it.

3. MY EFFIN CAR HAS SWIRLS FROM AN EFFIN CARWASH OMFG how many effin times do I have to tell them don't wash my friggen car... I even put a friggen post it on the damn window in yellow.

This pisses me off so much I swear.

All the told me was, "Sir, we can remove the swirls and buff it up if you'd like to bring it back."

I'm tired of this, what should I do regarding my steering wheel and the shift ****?
Any thoughts would be considered.

I never carry any keys, or anything sharp with me, not even a house key.
Our house uses a Kevo, it's a keyless entry using the smart phone app and all you have to do is touch the door lock to open. Aside from that, the object had to be really sharp to be cutting through the leather as it is really resistant.

What dealer did you take your car to???
Old 01-23-14, 09:29 AM
waxy
Pole Position

I purchased my car from Lexus Stevens Creek in July 2013.

The service location I go to is located;

300 Martin Ave.
Santa Clara, CA

My adviser's name, I cannot release.
But she has nothing to do with it.

It's the half *** job the people that work there in the car prep department.

I neglected to mention that the Tach cover has several scuffs, from someone using a microfiber cloth that had debris on it and dragged it across the acrylic causing the scuffs.
I was over it after a month, but my blood boiled when they refused to listen.

When I wash my car, I only use a scuba tank/compressed air to push off the heavy concentration of water off, then dab it with a micro fiber cloth afterwards and avoiding as much drag as possible. I don't even spray with the hose, I drizzle it with a normal flow of water to prevent paint damage.

Do not let them wash your car, in all honesty if you purchased your car do not let them wash it.
It's half ***'d machine air dried, and your interior will almost always have stains from what ever chemical they used.

Still haven't heard from them yet.
Old 01-27-14, 08:09 AM
JLex23
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just dealt with damage issues at my local dealership. The first time I took my car in for a vibration and they determined I had a bad tire. When I went to pick my car up they had placed all 4 of my mesh wheels on the balancing machine and they scored the paint off around all of the center caps. They replaced my wheels.

Second time I went in for a rattle in my door and they scraped the plastic trim piece getting into the car.

The third time I went in for an alignment after hitting a pothole and the tech had a tool in his back pocket and put a 4 inch scratch down to the bare metal on my rear door while attempting to get in my car. They offered to repaint the entire door on my Atomic Silver IS, but I demanded and ultimately received a new car as a result of all of the issues outlined above. I made the decision to get a different color as I thought their was some bad juju surrounding Atomic Silver. Dealer was very easy to work with and unwound my deal from last August and put me in a new Starfire Pearl IS. Hope your issues are resolved OP!!
Old 01-27-14, 08:13 AM
JLex23
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are pics of my new one from the deliver on Saturday and in my driveway. I'll miss the Atomic Silver but the Starfire is too clean!!!
Attached Thumbnails Terrible service, do they ever listen?-image.jpg  
Old 01-27-14, 08:13 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,959 Posts

Find a new dealer. I went through this years ago with one dealer, they could not seem to do anything to the car without damaging it, refused not to wash it, always smeared oil and stuff all over the interior. I switched to the dealer I still use today and they have always been very good, respectful of my car and how I want it treated...etc. It was a revelation the first time I used the new dealer and didn't have to fight for it not to be washed, they cared about it, walked all the way around it to note its condition when I dropped it off. Night and day.

You should have plenty of dealers in CA to choose from.
Old 01-27-14, 06:01 PM
hoosier1
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JLex23
Here are pics of my new one from the deliver on Saturday and in my driveway. I'll miss the Atomic Silver but the Starfire is too clean!!!
You will really like the Starfire Pearl with the 18 inch wheel package. White really complements the IS body style.

Glad the dealer stepped up and replaced your car. I've experience dealer damage on other new cars purchased in the past. On my last new car purchase, someone in the service department had a sharp tool in their back pocket that punctured a hole in the leather seat. I only had the car for one day and had returned to the dealership to have an accessory installed when the damage occurred. After discussing the issue with several layers of management, they finally agreed to replace the car.

I also had new tires installed on a BMW, and the dealership's mounting machine was malfunctioning. Rather than stop after gouging the rims on the first mount, the technician proceeded to mount the other three tires. That situation ended with replacement of all four wheels, and BMW wheels are not cheap.

The local BMW dealer was great after that and always took great care of my new cars. I absolutely hate to take my car in for service knowing that some careless technician will damage my car. I always make sure my car is super clean and detailed prior to service visits and never allow them to wash my car.