IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Enform updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-14, 11:02 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

I got the famous Pandora "Paused" problem again, was hoping the update fixed it but I guess not. Lexus really needs to fix all these bugs.
Old 04-08-14, 11:12 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,617 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I got the famous Pandora "Paused" problem again, was hoping the update fixed it but I guess not. Lexus really needs to fix all these bugs.
I have as well. I have found that a hard reboot of the system is the fastest way to move on and get it going again when it's "Paused".
Old 04-08-14, 12:35 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS350S2K
I think you meant traffic conditions and weather. Nav is always going to work.
I rushed my post but ya that is what I meant. Thanks for the correction, that is definitely an important distinction that could have confused someone.

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I'm not having any issue receiving HD radio signals though... Also I can pull up the weather if I go through the menu instead of using the widget on home screen.
I think it is because the car stores the last known state but its the same thing I see when weather goes out ...so does traffic conditions. The HD Radio still works but whatever periodically sends the weather and traffic conditions has outtages every now and then.

Originally Posted by smardav
I personally don't care about lexus traffic and weather. Its format is a lil confusing imo. I like my google maps better for real time traffic. I really want Audi's navigation on my car.
I really don't care which system is on my car to be honest as I don't use it. If I still lived in D.C. I would probably care more as it is easy to get lost there if you are going some place new. Though if I had a choice I would choose Google too. Though free nav & traffic for life without the need of a phone is still a nice feature. Any reason to not give Sirius any more money is fine by me.
Old 04-09-14, 02:36 AM
iPinky
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
After updating the Enform app on my phone, as well as in my car, I've noticed this problem occurring waaaaay more often now. An "iPod Error" will show up whenever the music pauses or stops. And, this happens whenever my phone switches from LTE to 4G, which happens quite a but during my drive. Wth. Lexus needs to fix it and update ASAP! Having to restart the app and reconnect close to 10 times in a drive is hella annoying.
Old 04-09-14, 08:20 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by iPinky
After updating the Enform app on my phone, as well as in my car, I've noticed this problem occurring waaaaay more often now. An "iPod Error" will show up whenever the music pauses or stops. And, this happens whenever my phone switches from LTE to 4G, which happens quite a but during my drive. Wth. Lexus needs to fix it and update ASAP! Having to restart the app and reconnect close to 10 times in a drive is hella annoying.
I'm afraid Lexus will never fix these issues, FW updates are not fixing everything we were hoping.
Old 04-14-14, 09:37 AM
bstriks
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Smardav. I signed up for the app and things seems to be working now. Only problem is that every time I get in the car, it automatically connects to Pandora. Not a big deal, but annoying. Also, just wanted to pass on to SonyHome that the weather widget problem is related to the phone itself, not the Sat radio or Nav (unless you're subscribing to that service through Sirius). Try totally disconnecting your phone from the BT connection and then re-pair the device. I had to do this twice, but it fixed the problem.
Old 04-21-14, 10:25 PM
denniseee
Driver School Candidate

Default Download Unsuccessful

It looks like my update to the car isn't downloading. Whenever I try to download it gets to about 5% and then tells me "Download Unsuccessful". At the same time, my iPhone heats up like crazy and drains the battery down even after I stop trying to download. How can I get the download to work?
Old 04-21-14, 10:40 PM
smardav
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by denniseee
It looks like my update to the car isn't downloading. Whenever I try to download it gets to about 5% and then tells me "Download Unsuccessful". At the same time, my iPhone heats up like crazy and drains the battery down even after I stop trying to download. How can I get the download to work?
Try to swing by lexus dealership and tell them about this. They might have the software ready. I think they should be able to load it up to ur car
Old 04-21-14, 11:14 PM
zabone
Rookie

Is there a way to force a download? I have not noticed my car downloading an update yet..