IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F Sport Nuluxe Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 05:24 AM
tC2IS350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have over 20k miles on my IS350 and my seats look brand new. However, the passenger seat of my husband's NX (also nuluxe) had a crease in it almost from day one (and I'm the only one who really rides in that seat, and probably only about once a week or so). Lexus replaced the seat cover (our dealer).
Old 02-24-16, 11:28 AM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've taken mine to Lexus to see if they'll replace it, but they wouldn't. They said since there isn't a fix for it, it'll just happen again.
Old 02-24-16, 03:09 PM
Passat774
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by i2fat
I've taken mine to Lexus to see if they'll replace it, but they wouldn't. They said since there isn't a fix for it, it'll just happen again.

thanks, I wanted to get mine fixed as well... But not if its just going to do the same thing
Old 02-26-16, 07:04 AM
nulex1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my 14 Lexus is 350 My seats were firm no problem with indents or creases looked brand new, the complaint I had was that the heated seats were not strong, weak Luke warm and felt as if the heated seats were not working. Lexus has heard of this problem and this is how they fix...my story below...

I took into the dealer they had confirmed my complaint by comparing to another vehicle in show room (2015+).

They had to order heating coils/ and they replaced that and the seat cover both passenger + driver side. ever since they fixed it my seats are now determinately creased/indented.

The cause of this is the lack of foam or the piece they remove that covers the coils so that it can feel like there is heat and the cover can only stretch so much....the foam seats mask the heat because its thick and is usually one whole piece moulded from factory ...I've had them replace the cover a few times now and still have this creases mainly in drivers side...

Lexus..warned me thou if replacing the seat covers if they replace the covers it will never be the same and it will crease/indent...

its clearly a design flaw or poor material used in these seats ....all I can do is live with it now nothing can be done unless b***h to corporate Lexus for new seat replacement but who knows how far that will go...

see the first set of pics the replacement how bad they were creased after the first repair... the second set is after second cover replacements doesnt show crease as bad but as I sit in them they crease and then they tend to not be as indented because the foam goes back to shape, but I know there is always going to be creases every time i sit...drivers side is more bad than passenger,
Attached Thumbnails F Sport Nuluxe Problem-img_1762.jpg   F Sport Nuluxe Problem-img_1764.jpg   F Sport Nuluxe Problem-img_1791.jpg   F Sport Nuluxe Problem-img_1793.jpg  

Last edited by nulex1; 02-26-16 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-26-16, 07:24 AM
speedneed
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nulex1
On my 14 Lexus is 350 My seats were firm no problem with indents or creases looked brand new, the complaint I had was that the heated seats were not strong, weak Luke warm and felt as if the heated seats were not working. Lexus has heard of this problem and this is how they fix...my story below...

I took into the dealer they had confirmed my complaint by comparing to another vehicle in show room (2015+).

They had to order heating coils/ and they replaced that and the seat cover both passenger + driver side. ever since they fixed it my seats are now perminantely creased/indented.

The cause of this is the lack of foam or the piece they remove that covers the coils so that it can feel like there is heat and the cover can only stretch so much....the foam seats mask the heat because its thick and is usually one whole piece moulded from factory ...I've had them replace the cover a few times now and still have this creases mainly in drivers side...

Lexus..warned me thou if replacing the seat covers if they replace the covers it will never be the same and it will crease/indent...

its clearly a design flaw or poor material used in these seats ....all I can do is live with it now nothing can be done unless b***h to corporate Lexus for new seat replacement but who knows how far that will go...

see the first set of pics the replacement how bad they were creased... the second set is after second cover replacement, but as I sit in them they crease and then they tend to not be as indented but I know there is always going to be creases...
Yep - Exactly how mine look now. Was pissed off at first. Now all I care about is it not getting worse. As long as it stays the way it is then I wont have a problem with it.
Old 02-26-16, 07:29 AM
nulex1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedneed
Yep - Exactly how mine look now. Was pissed off at first. Now all I care about is it not getting worse. As long as it stays the way it is then I wont have a problem with it.
I was pissed off as well initially but have let it go I don't care any-more I am **** about my vehicle but what can you do...
Old 02-26-16, 07:30 AM
speedneed
Rookie

Originally Posted by nulex1
I was pissed off as well initially but have let it go I don't care any-more I am **** about my vehicle but what can you do...
Totally understand
Old 06-26-16, 11:23 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

sorry to bring back an old thread.

But, I'm having some concerns about my Nuluxe seats.

On the driver's side, there seems to be some wrinkles/creases on the side... is this normal? All other parts of the seats fine.

Car has ~3500 miles.

I've attached a pic.
Attached Thumbnails F Sport Nuluxe Problem-20160626_101209.jpg  
Old 06-26-16, 01:15 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Normal wear and tear. My leather seats had those creases in my Infiniti and I had to replace that section of my seat after 100k.
Old 06-26-16, 02:31 PM
Savjam
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse

On the driver's side, there seems to be some wrinkles/creases on the side... is this normal? All other parts of the seats fine.

Car has ~3500 miles.

I've attached a pic.
This crease developed on my drivers seat shortly after purchase. A year and a half later it has not gotten any worse.
Old 06-26-16, 02:53 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Savjam
This crease developed on my drivers seat shortly after purchase. A year and a half later it has not gotten any worse.
Do you mind posting a pic? I'll like to compare it.

Does it looks better/worse/ or similar to mine?
Old 06-26-16, 05:35 PM
Robsc89
Driver

Default Solution

Maybe if we all buy seat covers, we wouldn't have to see any of these flaws!
Old 06-26-16, 05:54 PM
sdiver68
Driver

Car has ~3500 miles.

I've attached a pic.
Pretty normal, but I've kept my leather seats perfect through the years with Lexol conditioner every 3 months. I bought Lexol Vinylex for the IS hoping it works it's same magic.
Old 06-26-16, 07:43 PM
speedneed
Rookie

Car has ~3500 miles.

I've attached a pic.
That is normal from getting in and out. F-Sport bucket seats are bolstered more and when you get in/out you tend to drag against these some. If you wear dark blue jeans and have red or lighter colors you will notice the blue can rub off as well here because of the "drag".
Old 06-26-16, 10:27 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
How many miles where on the ODO when you bought it? I noticed when shopping for my car the cars with more miles had more creases on this side bolster. What I attributed this excessive wear to was people sitting sideways in the seat looking at the interior with their legs hanging out, crushing the bolster in the process. This side bolster is sensitive to crushing when people sit half way in the seat with their legs hanging out, like the service porters or advisers do when recording your mileage or pulling the cars forward in line. I've gone so far as to ask that all service personnel sit fully in the seat to avoid crushing this side bolster.
When I got the car it had less than 10 miles on it. It was prefect when I bought it.

Yeah.. I'm sure it was just me getting in and out of the car. I sometimes do just slide over the bolster to get out of the car. Guess I should start levitating to get outta the seat..

I just hope this crease won't get worse over time. It would be helpful to see a pic of someone's seat with 1+ year of ownership.

Quick Reply: F Sport Nuluxe Problem