IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Every surface sratches.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-14, 05:44 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

didn't the previous generation's wood centre console and door pieces scratch just as easily although it wasn't as easily seen because of the colour of the wood? or did i just wind up with incredibly scratched wood pieces that had to be repaired periodically?

i mean, don't get me wrong, this is a problem, i just thought it was a problem that had been passed down from one generation to the next rather than one completely new.

edit: perhaps the 2015MY will have centre console and trim pieces that are texturised differently so as not to scratch so easily that will fit within our vehicles provided no major change is made, e.g. a switch from the mouse-like controller to the touchpad seen in the soon-to-be-released NX and RC.

Last edited by davyjordi; 06-17-14 at 05:49 AM.
Old 06-17-14, 06:14 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
Umm, here we go again; where is DaveGS4, or whatever the moderator's name is?

Thanks for insight into how you would handle the situation, but you need not moderate too.

You see the title of this thread, right? You see the original post at the top of it, right?

Does the OP ask if he's being too picky? No. He's asking if others have the same problem.

If you don't have the problem, don't go on to state there is no problem.

Who are you to say how many positive or negative threads or posts there should be?

Want positive threads(?), go make them, but I don't have time to create threads gloating about my car.

I'm only here to voice concern for problems, see who else has same and what they've done about them.

I don't see any rules anywhere stating I can't do that.

Voice your opinion, sure, but you're just causing problem when complaining of the complaints of others.
lol The original poster stated he expected better from Lexus like Lexus is some kind of name that guarantees heaven. I'm not saying you don't have a problem -- I'm saying that you should take it up with Lexus and demand a make good. I provided you with an example of how Lexus took care of me when I made a fuss about a problem I had. You post on a thread but take apparently have not moved to a solution. You don't have to be a victim although America has become a culture of victims imo. You have scratches that bother you -- call Lexus corp (like I did), demand a fix and money for your time (like I did), do something.

Why don't you have time to create threads "gloating" about your car? Do you think prospective buyers might like to read them too? Doesn't a community include the good stuff too? You have time to write about scratches. Do you have time to call Lexus corp in Torrance? Do you have time to write them? Is the problem that important to you?

By the way -- I have scratches too -- but I've had Porches, Jags, Acuras, -- you name it -- and they all got scratches inside and out. As indicated in my post about my subwoofers -- it's the nature of the beast.

Why don't you reach out to Dave whatever his number is and see if you can get me banned for providing you with a solution? Doesn't really matter -- there's not much going on in this forum anyways that adds value to the car buying/driving experience.

Last edited by Glashub; 06-17-14 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-17-14, 06:26 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Glashub, dbs600 -both please exit this thread.

I strongly suggest you use the ignore list feature for each other
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pro...?do=ignorelist

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-17-14 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-17-14, 07:36 PM
Helterran
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try clean it with lexol..... i had a huge scratch and i was told to use lexol and it took it out!
Old 06-18-14, 01:17 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

As models progress and become loaded with more hands-on tech features, scratching is going to increase. Why? Beacuse we are now constantly on these buttons for media and entertainment, whereas they didn't even exist ten years ago. This, coupled with the lack of wood trim, and you have more scratches. Fine scratches on wood is far easier to polish out. Little to no such option with plastic. I say bring back the wood to the lower console. As it is now, the whole shabang has a cheaper appearance without it.