IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anger / Aggression / Road Rage?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-14, 07:28 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anger / Aggression / Road Rage?

Anyone feel our IS', F Sport's, in particular, attract more anger / aggression / road rage from other drivers than other cars?

Driving style constant, I seem to have more unpleasant encounters in my IS than in my BMW or Range Rover.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed same.

Last edited by dbs600; 05-12-14 at 07:40 AM.
Old 05-11-14, 10:18 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lot of cops keep looking at me when I am driving and it is a definitely head turner but I am not sure if it causes aggression in other drivers.
Old 05-11-14, 11:11 PM
nayuta
Driver

I seem to get a lot of tail-gaters...
Old 05-11-14, 11:38 PM
IronPyrite
Driver School Candidate

I've noticed other drivers intentionally trying to box me in my lane on freeways, compared to my last car (Infiniti G37). Especially at night, when the LED strips make it appear as though you're driving something more exotic.

When I first bought my 3IS and was driving with temporary plates, people used to constantly pull out in front of me, even though the running lights were always on (nebula gray is less visible as well). Mounting the front plate w/out a frame (which makes the plate appear "closer" and more visible) fixed that...
Old 05-12-14, 04:31 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Yes, people in their Civics, Bimmers, and Audis seem to be provoked by my car by exhibiting the quick lane changes, driving up behind me, or taking off quickly from a standing start. The 3IS is a looker, plus USB further "doesn't help" in this situation.
Old 05-12-14, 04:49 AM
finalhope
Rookie

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Yes, people in their Civics, Bimmers, and Audis seem to be provoked by my car by exhibiting the quick lane changes, driving up behind me, or taking off quickly from a standing start. The 3IS is a looker, plus USB further "doesn't help" in this situation.
I did have that experience in my 3rd gen IS 250, but now that I got the 3rd gen IS350 F Sport no one dares to do that around me! I'm serious based on my experience with both the models. Well I wouldn't say no one, but once I press on that gas pedal the drivers know to slow down and stay behind me This is not 100% of the times, but I see it happening almost 90%. Imagine if I was driving the soon to come out RC F or even the RC350 which looks faster lol. Believe it or not most drivers know the IS250 is easy to pick on than the IS350
Old 05-12-14, 05:39 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i havent noticed anything. However I know once my friend got an exhaust on his Z, people started to race him. Im afraid that will happen to me if I get a JoeZ exhaust. Would be annoying.
Old 05-12-14, 06:37 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
i havent noticed anything. However I know once my friend got an exhaust on his Z, people started to race him. Im afraid that will happen to me if I get a JoeZ exhaust. Would be annoying.
Just let them be. Not worth getting a ticket, risking further road rage and an accident.

Originally Posted by finalhope
I did have that experience in my 3rd gen IS 250, but now that I got the 3rd gen IS350 F Sport no one dares to do that around me! I'm serious based on my experience with both the models. Well I wouldn't say no one, but once I press on that gas pedal the drivers know to slow down and stay behind me This is not 100% of the times, but I see it happening almost 90%. Imagine if I was driving the soon to come out RC F or even the RC350 which looks faster lol. Believe it or not most drivers know the IS250 is easy to pick on than the IS350
Debadge the emblem and let them move ahead to keep them wondering if you were even trying.
Old 05-12-14, 07:02 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea i know I wouldnt race them but its when they try to hang around you taunt you that causes a hazard and they may crash into me with no fault of my own. Good thing im getting a dash cam
Old 05-12-14, 07:44 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

My car is a very modest debadged Nebula Grey over Rioja Red IS350 AWD F Sport with 40% tinted windows and no modifications. Also have very plain thin black license plate frames. Wonder what it is about our cars that draws such [not necessarily positive] reactions. LED driving lamps? Big grille? Gunmetal rims? Others simply assume there's some young racer behind the wheel? Hmm...
Old 05-12-14, 08:38 AM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I noticed this as well. The other day I had another exact same 3ISF with the same colour parked next to my car, and I park alone far from store.
And then, I had TL tried to get me to race him when I was close to my home.
All happened within few days.

Mine is Ultrawhite with 20% tint all around, no front license plate, and smoky back cover license plate.
Old 05-12-14, 08:51 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a guy in a '13 GS350 F-Sport with blacked out tails, exhaust system, and forgiato's but I knew I would lose so I just let them be. People always look at me thought. I can stare back without them knowing because of my dark tinting
Old 05-12-14, 09:08 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing out of the ordinary here in LA where even some old ladies in Priuses drive like Jeff Gordon.
Old 05-12-14, 09:13 AM
Slust
Pole Position

When I first got the car people would actually move out of my way. Now it's back to business as usual.

The only car that I know people actually hate to see on the road is a Prius. In fact one Prius here has the license plate TURTLNG or something to that effect. I don't know of any other cars that are on people's hate list.
Old 05-12-14, 09:22 AM
Alant514
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I feel the same way, I get cars that try to cut me off and race me

Quick Reply: Anger / Aggression / Road Rage?