IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Official 3rd Gen IS Tint Thread - add your pics here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 09:35 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by "that boy"
Top 3 Best Tint:

HüperOptik X-Treme Ceramic or Drei - http://www.huperoptikusa.com/Automotive-series.cfm

LLumar's Formula One Pinnacle - http://www.formulaone.com/en/pinnacle.aspx

3M Ceramic - http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawe...98-0150-0113-8.

I got my 2012 IS F already installed with 3M Ceramic 30 from the dealership, I am quite pleased with it... it looks awesome - Just wish it was darker

If it didn't have any tint, I would have gone with either Huper Optik X-Treme Ceramic or FomulaOne Pinnacle
Thanks for the info. I like the spec on 3M CM30 which has 59% TSER but it has much higher visible light reflection (VLR) than Suntek CXP, 17% vs 6%. Isn't lower VLR better?

Pinnacle 30 has very similar spec as Suntek CXP but installer was quoting $100 more. I got quote of $379 for FormulaOne Pinnacle Series (Ceramic Film). Is that good a price for Pinnacle Series Ceramic film?

I'm thinking of putting 3M Crystalline on Windshield.

Looks like X-treme Performance Drei has the best TSER @ 70% with 35% VLT.

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-15-14 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-15-14, 09:44 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lost808
That's the Hup
er Optik I have on my Z and love it! The IR blocking is crazy! Don't forget about Crystalline. Perfect if you can't have tint, but still want the UV and IR blocking. Here is the Huper on my car.
The reason why I didn't include 3M Crystalline, Huper Optik Sech, and Prestige Spectra PhotoSync is because of the OP looking for something with 30-35% VLT

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Thanks for the info. I like the spec on 3M CM30 which has 59% TSER but it has much higher visible light reflection (VLR) than Suntek CXP, 17% vs 6%. Isn't lower VLR better?

Pinnacle 30 has very similar spec as Suntek CXP but installer was quoting $100 more. I got quote of $379 for FormulaOne Pinnacle Series (Ceramic Film). Is that good a price for Pinnacle Series Ceramic film?

I'm thinking of putting 3M Crystalline on Windshield.
VLR = Visible Light Reflection, basically how shiny/glossy the film looks... Like Metallic
Old 01-15-14, 09:46 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

That's the Hup
er Optik I have on my Z and love it! The IR blocking is crazy! Don't forget about Crystalline. Perfect if you can't have tint, but still want the UV and IR blocking. Here is the Huper on my car.
Wow, that looks so much darker than 30% VLT. Also tint is so reflective.
Old 01-15-14, 09:49 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^
It is not really dark, it is just because in the shade and car is basically a hatch back. Can see in no problem during day. Cops here in LA never even look twice even when next to me.
Old 01-15-14, 09:51 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Wow, that looks so much darker than 30% VLT. Also tint is so reflective.
This thread might help...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...pics-here.html
Old 01-15-14, 09:55 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

Here is a better representation of the darkness of the 30.
Attached Thumbnails Official 3rd Gen IS Tint Thread - add your pics here!-image-2929602563.jpg  
Old 01-15-14, 09:56 PM
Lost808
Pole Position

Thnx for that, helps with my decision also!
Old 01-16-14, 07:18 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Default Great deal on Pinnacle Series from Sun Control

Not sure if this will benefit others here but at least here in Twin Cities Sun Control is having a special on installing the Pinnacle series tint for $159. Needless to say I jumped on this.

I'm also looking at their PPF deal which is $359 currently from $799 originally. I'm talking to one of the guys at Sun Control to see if I can amend this package with full hood and fender. He stated it comes with full front bumper bumper and other areas that will benefit from the PPF. Deal states 3M but he did state he would substitute with Xpel Ultimate or Suntek self healing.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/sun-control

Awesome deal if you looking to tint and ppf your car right now.
Old 01-16-14, 07:32 AM
Lost808
Pole Position

^
I would jump all over that Pinnacle deal! Just to be cautious, ask them if they can pull the roll of tint out of the Pinnacle box or packaging in front of you. Not sure about in MN, but here in LA there are a lot of tint shops that claim you are getting a high end tint for a good price, but are actually giving you crap.
Old 01-16-14, 07:47 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

^
I would jump all over that Pinnacle deal! Just to be cautious, ask them if they can pull the roll of tint out of the Pinnacle box or packaging in front of you. Not sure about in MN, but here in LA there are a lot of tint shops that claim you are getting a high end tint for a good price, but are actually giving you crap.
I'll ask but I'm not sure if I would know the difference if I saw it. They could just put different tint in the box. I'll probably have to give them benefit of the doubt since they have been in business for 30 years.

Thanks for the head up though.
Old 01-16-14, 08:14 AM
shahir18
Instructor

Not sure if this will benefit others here but at least here in Twin Cities Sun Control is having a special on installing the Pinnacle series tint for $159. Needless to say I jumped on this.

I'm also looking at their PPF deal which is $359 currently from $799 originally. I'm talking to one of the guys at Sun Control to see if I can amend this package with full hood and fender. He stated it comes with full front bumper bumper and other areas that will benefit from the PPF. Deal states 3M but he did state he would substitute with Xpel Ultimate or Suntek self healing.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/sun-control

Awesome deal if you looking to tint and ppf your car right now.
Damn, that is really good... I would definitely get the Pinnacle Tint and do for XPEL Ultimate

Make sure they give you a warranty card on both (Tint and PPF)

^
Yup, I would actually visually confirm and get official documentation

- call FormulaOne and XPEL or visit the website to make sure they are authorized with them
Old 01-16-14, 08:53 AM
Lost808
Pole Position

I am not sure about FormulaOne, but 3M puts watermarks on thier high end tint line to prove the authenticity of their product. The watermarks can be removed easy after install with some rubbing alcohol.
Old 01-16-14, 01:39 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

I had Huper Optik. It's just like Lost808 says. From face and arms burning in the sun to instant cool once the windows are up. I'm debating between Formula 1 and HO for my CT200h . . .
Old 01-16-14, 07:06 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, that is really good... I would definitely get the Pinnacle Tint and do for XPEL Ultimate

Make sure they give you a warranty card on both (Tint and PPF)

Yup, I would actually visually confirm and get official documentation

- call FormulaOne and XPEL or visit the website to make sure they are authorized with them
I went ahead and purchased the groupon deal for $159 for Formula One Pinnacle. We agreed at 35% tint. For PPF he told me I could just purchase it directly since I'm looking for different deal than what's listed on groupon. He quoted me $900 for below with XPel Ultimate precut kit.

- Full Hood
- Full Fender
- Full Bumper
- Side Mirrors
- A-Pillar
- Roof Line
- Headlight
- DRL
- Fog lights
- Door Edges
- Door Cups
- Rear Bumper Ledge

He also agreed to do 3M crystalline 90% on the windshield for $100.

I checked and they are authorized dealer for Formula One & 3M but I didn't see them listed on Xpel site. Does this void warranty from Xpel?

Last edited by SonyHome; 01-16-14 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-16-14, 08:36 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Holy crap, that is extremely cheap for the PPF... Even if he isn't using XPEL that is cheap regardless - I paid over 30% of that amount he quoted you and didn't get as much coverage as you are getting. I would have gone with the 30% tint though, 35% is too light...

XPEL goes for double the price down here in Texas!

- please post pics and keep us updated

Quick Reply: Official 3rd Gen IS Tint Thread - add your pics here!