IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Official 3rd Gen IS Tint Thread - add your pics here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-18, 05:10 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I don't know where you live in TN, but when I got my car I had mine installed in Brentwood (they handle cars for Titans players, etc.) and I chose the Lumnar CTX and have been pleased with it. I figured a few extra bucks is worth it.
Four and half years later and it still looks like the day I got it done. I use Stoners to clean it and have no problems.
I also had the same folks install my PPF.
Old 08-19-18, 05:41 PM
chinox22x
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I live in Florida and I always use ceramic, it’s worth the extra 100$. No issues with the rear window defogger.
Old 08-19-18, 06:20 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by doodlebug
I don't know where you live in TN, but when I got my car I had mine installed in Brentwood (they handle cars for Titans players, etc.) and I chose the Lumnar CTX and have been pleased with it. I figured a few extra bucks is worth it.
Four and half years later and it still looks like the day I got it done. I use Stoners to clean it and have no problems.
I also had the same folks install my PPF.
Funny you mention that... I'm actually going to a place in Brentwood! It's called Music City Window Tinting and it's got pretty good reviews. They're a Llumar authorized installer and they've apparently done celebrity/high end cars as you mentioned.

I think I'll go with Pinnacle. I'll keep you posted on how the install goes and how it looks.
Old 08-19-18, 06:38 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Originally Posted by unioncorps
Funny you mention that... I'm actually going to a place in Brentwood! It's called Music City Window Tinting and it's got pretty good reviews. They're a Llumar authorized installer and they've apparently done celebrity/high end cars as you mentioned.

I think I'll go with Pinnacle. I'll keep you posted on how the install goes and how it looks.
That’s who I was talking about.
Old 08-19-18, 06:47 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Nice! I know it's been 4 years for you since they did an install for your car and I'm just going off of reviews at this point, but you know you can only take them with a grain of salt. I assume they did a good job for your car...

How was the pricing? Hopefully the cost for the Pinnacle install isn't too bad; I can ask if they give a military discount.
Old 08-19-18, 07:50 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

They did a great job. I had them do window tint and ppf at the same time, so it wasn’t cheap. IIRC their pricing was in line with the other shops that I got quotes from. I went from reviews like you - no regrets.
Old 08-20-18, 04:18 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

Sounds good, thanks for the info Doodlebug! I'll keep you posted on my experience... I have my appointment tomorrow.
Old 08-21-18, 04:44 PM
unioncorps
Intermediate

So just had my car tinted today by those guys... went with F1 Pinnacle 30, which was a little pricey but for what it's supposed to do, it seems worth it. I showed up 30 min early and they got the car done in another 30 min which was great. There's still a little bubbles that need to cure, but overall it looks great. The black interior along with the tint make it look darker than it is.

Pics below were taken in a parking garage on a very bright overcast day.

F1 Pinnacle 30% tint installed

F1 Pinnacle 30% tint installed
Old 08-21-18, 05:17 PM
lychee416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Professional Window tint

Does anyone know a great window tint shop in Toronto, Canada? I went to touch of tint and so far, the job they did was crappy. I spent $400 and it doesn't look good so far. I asked the owner to fix it coming Monday, August 27, 2018. I was actually not going to go to this shop until my coworker recommended him. They were coworkers before. I am very disappointed so far. If he doesn't fix my tint then I will write bad reviews.
Old 08-21-18, 05:43 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Originally Posted by unioncorps
So just had my car tinted today by those guys... went with F1 Pinnacle 30, which was a little pricey but for what it's supposed to do, it seems worth it. I showed up 30 min early and they got the car done in another 30 min which was great. There's still a little bubbles that need to cure, but overall it looks great. The black interior along with the tint make it look darker than it is.

Pics below were taken in a parking garage on a very bright overcast day.
Looks great
Old 08-21-18, 08:15 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 5% all around and use some regular shop in my area. Never had an issue with the rear window nor have others cars I had done at the same place with the same tint. Is ceramic better or worse? I don't know but I do know is my Windows never fade or turn purple.
Attached Thumbnails Official 3rd Gen IS Tint Thread - add your pics here!-photo395.jpg  
Old 08-22-18, 02:20 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by isosunrise
I have 5% all around and use some regular shop in my area. Never had an issue with the rear window nor have others cars I had done at the same place with the same tint. Is ceramic better or worse? I don't know but I do know is my Windows never fade or turn purple.
If it fades and turns purple it usually takes a few years for the dye to do that. Wouldn't worry about it until way later down the line.

And to answer your other question, ceramic is a better quality tint and can usually do a better job at keeping your car cooler since it cuts more solar heat from entering the vehicle. If you click the Llumar link i posted above you can click the different lines they sell, and see what each one has to offer that's different from the other.
Old 01-09-19, 09:27 PM
Jaikool01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just tinted the windows on my 2019 IS 350 F-Sport AWD.

I just tinted the windows on my 2019 IS 350 AWD F-Sport. All windows are 35 (I live in Illinois where the lowest legal % is 35, although I have seen car with way darker tint) I was thinking in doing the windshield with 80% (or 70%) ceramic film.

I kind of feel the 35% being a little bit too light. Before I tinted the windows, I noticed that this car had factory tinted darker than usual (even my brother noticed too, he asked if I had it tinted already). Now, that the haze has dissipated more, I feel the windows darker than shown in the pictures.

What do you guys think in doing the windshield?

Many thanks in advance!

35% Window Tint All around

This reminds me to Need For Speed or Fast and Furious haha

Last edited by Jaikool01; 01-09-19 at 11:10 PM. Reason: included State (IL) to indicate why I went with 35%
Old 01-09-19, 10:59 PM
swaangin
Racer

Received 377 Likes on 286 Posts

I was also considering getting tints on my IS.. definitely going for 20% all around, 35% too light but the car looks great nonetheless, thanks for the post.
Old 01-10-19, 01:38 AM
a1rh3adsz
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Is the door floor light from factory or aftermarket? and yes on the windshield tint, love mine

Quick Reply: Official 3rd Gen IS Tint Thread - add your pics here!