IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

RS*R Down Camber Wear...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-17, 01:38 PM
LeeJonah
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
i bought the spc camber arms yesterday and will have them installed friday. i haven't driven much on the tires that are on the car now and the rears are the ones that are visibly showing the excessive negative camber. i hope this works because i don't want to have to spend a grand every six months on tires.
let me know if you have any rubbing issues with RSR downs with stock wheels after installing the camber arms and getting an alignment! Thinking about picking up the SPC arms too
Old 08-09-17, 03:37 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeJonah
let me know if you have any rubbing issues with RSR downs with stock wheels after installing the camber arms and getting an alignment! Thinking about picking up the SPC arms too
i'm not on stock wheels. i'm on 19" f-sport wheels from the previous generation IS.

Last edited by davyjordi; 08-09-17 at 03:57 PM. Reason: wording
Old 08-09-17, 05:59 PM
LeeJonah
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i'm not on stock wheels. i'm on 19" f-sport wheels from the previous generation IS.
if it doesn't rub on your setup, it shouldn't rub on stock!
Old 08-09-17, 10:16 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

i bought the spc camber arms yesterday and will have them installed friday. i haven't driven much on the tires that are on the car now and the rears are the ones that are visibly showing the excessive negative camber. i hope this works because i don't want to have to spend a grand every six months on tires.
Didn't you just change your suspension? and it is showing the wear already? that's crazy
Old 08-10-17, 05:26 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Didn't you just change your suspension? and it is showing the wear already? that's crazy
it's not showing wear. rather, i'm having camber arms replaced as preventative care. by visibly showing I meant just that, that one can see the camber or the tilt of the tires. by installing the camber arms i'll fix everything (hopefully).

Last edited by davyjordi; 08-10-17 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-15-17, 02:27 PM
SceneAmati
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you end up getting the SPC Camber arms installed?

I'm on RSR downs on my IS350 F-Sport and experiencing the same issue with tire wear.

I'm running 19" Velgen VMB5 wheels. 19x9 in the front and 19x10.5 in the back.
Old 08-15-17, 03:29 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SceneAmati
Did you end up getting the SPC Camber arms installed?

I'm on RSR downs on my IS350 F-Sport and experiencing the same issue with tire wear.

I'm running 19" Velgen VMB5 wheels. 19x9 in the front and 19x10.5 in the back.
They are going to be installed next Monday.
Old 08-22-17, 05:52 PM
SceneAmati
Driver

End up getting your camber arms installed?
Old 08-23-17, 05:56 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

End up getting your camber arms installed?
no, they didn't fit as i bought the spc camber arms for the 2IS. i have to now purchase the 3IS ones, but i'm a little hesitant because another member/friend of mine here was told he had to raise the car in order for the camber arms to fit and i really don't want to have to raise the car as i think it looks perfect. i have to do some more investigation before i proceed.
Old 08-23-17, 06:09 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

no, they didn't fit as i bought the spc camber arms for the 2IS. i have to now purchase the 3IS ones, but i'm a little hesitant because another member/friend of mine here was told he had to raise the car in order for the camber arms to fit and i really don't want to have to raise the car as i think it looks perfect. i have to do some more investigation before i proceed.
Looks good! I recall you wanting a conservative drop. lol
Old 08-23-17, 06:09 AM
SceneAmati
Driver

Raise it? Hmm.. was he on RSR Downs too? I am on RSR downs and experiencing camber wear.

My left rear is -1.9 and my right rear is -2.5.

Definitely looking into SPC Camber arms, but I don't think I'll have to raise my car. The rear doesn't look like it'll be a problem. But, might be if I hit big dips. Not sure. I am going to order them this week and see how it goes. I might get away with -1 to -1.5 camber to save some tire life.

Here's a picture of my left rear
Old 08-23-17, 07:09 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Looks good! I recall you wanting a conservative drop. lol
so much for that haha
Old 08-23-17, 07:13 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Raise it? Hmm.. was he on RSR Downs too? I am on RSR downs and experiencing camber wear.

My left rear is -1.9 and my right rear is -2.5.

Definitely looking into SPC Camber arms, but I don't think I'll have to raise my car. The rear doesn't look like it'll be a problem. But, might be if I hit big dips. Not sure. I am going to order them this week and see how it goes. I might get away with -1 to -1.5 camber to save some tire life.

Here's a picture of my left rear
no, he is on rs*r sport-i coilovers. we both have negative camber primarily at the rear of the car. you probably won't have to raise your car because well it can't be raised on springs and you're already at a higher point to begin with. my car is lowered far more than yours is and I'm running around -2.5 (camber) in the rear.

also, that's what my tires look like from behind, too. I don't want to raise the car, so I might just be buying new tires more often than someone who isn't running such negative camber.

p.s. let me know how it goes if you wind up buying and installing the spc camber arms please.

Last edited by davyjordi; 08-23-17 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-23-17, 10:02 AM
600rr
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

If you have symmetrical tires, you can unmount them and flip it. That would get a few more thousand miles out of your tires.
Do not attempt this if you have asymmetrical or directional tires, as it would wear out even faster.
Old 08-23-17, 10:49 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 600rr
If you have symmetrical tires, you can unmount them and flip it. That would get a few more thousand miles out of your tires.
Do not attempt this if you have asymmetrical or directional tires, as it would wear out even faster.
that's a good idea. i'll have to look into that. thanks!

Quick Reply: RS*R Down Camber Wear...