IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Aftermarket Wheel Showcase - 3ISx Exclusive

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-20, 04:33 AM
Lilbongi
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Looks good on the vehicle along with all the carbon fiber.
Only seen one other member with Parallax wheels.
Thanks buddy. A little obsessed to say the least lol. I really liked the split spoke and these were reasonable so I gave it a shot. Turned out nice, not sure I知 gonna lower it at this point. Big thanks to Josh at Meraki for the springs and invidia exhaust.

Originally Posted by EvilJoker
I like... especially that trunk lid
Trunks probably my favorite too! Went with the OEM hood and wished I went with one of the other styles from seibon

Old 04-03-20, 11:16 AM
EvilJoker
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

They just showed up!!!!!! About to go get them put on!!!

The following users liked this post:
Sasnuke (04-03-20)
Old 04-03-20, 11:51 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

They just showed up!!!!!! About to go get them put on!!!
It's supposed to be an All-season tire, but look at that tread pattern...I can't imagine it's friendly to snow.
I have high hopes for summer performance though.
Old 04-03-20, 03:30 PM
EvilJoker
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

It's supposed to be an All-season tire, but look at that tread pattern...I can't imagine it's friendly to snow.
I have high hopes for summer performance though.
They are not all season. They are UHP summer. They are pretty quiet on the highway, and smooth. Weather is crappy, so I cant play around yet. Car is dirty, but here is a pic.

Old 04-03-20, 04:09 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

They are not all season. They are UHP summer. They are pretty quiet on the highway, and smooth. Weather is crappy, so I cant play around yet. Car is dirty, but here is a pic.
My bad....I checked Achilles website and they are summer tires. The site I was looking at in Canada has them listed as All Season: https://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Achilles/ATR+Sport+2
Can't trust those Canadians to get it right! lol

I'm digging quiet and smooth.
Weather is crappy hear too...hopefully the weekend is nicer and you can put them to the test.
Old 04-04-20, 02:35 PM
onenation
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, first time member. I pulled the trigger on some Vossen HF3 19 inches, front 8.5 +32 and rear 9.5 +40. I wasn't intending to lower my car, after seeing some cars with same setup on stock suspensions. I am reconsidering it installing on stock suspensions. I went threw the forums to see what other people were running for suspensions. I am titled towards going for coilovers, the BC or RSR. since my car has over 100k kms. Would prefer BC but not sure if they work well on AWD, i have a 2014 is350. I know that RSR will definitely work but the price difference is pretty hefty. What do you guys suggest?
Old 04-04-20, 04:16 PM
OnyxJim
Driver School Candidate

19x8.5 R-Disk would be +33
19x9.5 A-Disk would be +44

Will those fit my 2015 IS350 f sport all-wheel drive on stock no problem?

Old 04-05-20, 07:09 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OnyxJim
19x8.5 R-Disk would be +33
19x9.5 A-Disk would be +44

Will those fit my 2015 IS350 f sport all-wheel drive on stock no problem?
Those will fit...post some pics when they are installed. You would even be good if you lowered it in the future.
Old 04-05-20, 07:15 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by onenation
Hey guys, first time member. I pulled the trigger on some Vossen HF3 19 inches, front 8.5 +32 and rear 9.5 +40. I wasn't intending to lower my car, after seeing some cars with same setup on stock suspensions. I am reconsidering it installing on stock suspensions. I went threw the forums to see what other people were running for suspensions. I am titled towards going for coilovers, the BC or RSR. since my car has over 100k kms. Would prefer BC but not sure if they work well on AWD, i have a 2014 is350. I know that RSR will definitely work but the price difference is pretty hefty. What do you guys suggest?
If your vehicle was new, and you wanted a mild to moderate drop, then I would say just go with the RSR Downs.
Since you car is 6-7 years old and 100K kms on it, and if you wanted a mild to moderate drop, then I would do the RSR Downs and replace the factory struts/shocks at the same time.
From a cost perspective that recommendation would be the same as getting coilovers...so my final thought is to go with the coilovers.

If you just put the springs now with the original struts/shocks, then it will shorten their life significant and likely you will be replacing at least two of them in the near future due to leaks.
Overall if you wanted more than a moderate drop, then the coilovers are the only way to way IMO. I look at it from the perspective of getting the look you want and the ride quality you expect out of a Lexus.

On a side note...hope you and everyone around you is keeping safe. Doesn't seem like the Covid situation in Quebec is going so well.
onenation (04-05-20)
Old 04-05-20, 07:59 AM
onenation
Driver School Candidate

If your vehicle was new, and you wanted a mild to moderate drop, then I would say just go with the RSR Downs.
Since you car is 6-7 years old and 100K kms on it, and if you wanted a mild to moderate drop, then I would do the RSR Downs and replace the factory struts/shocks at the same time.
From a cost perspective that recommendation would be the same as getting coilovers...so my final thought is to go with the coilovers.

If you just put the springs now with the original struts/shocks, then it will shorten their life significant and likely you will be replacing at least two of them in the near future due to leaks.
Overall if you wanted more than a moderate drop, then the coilovers are the only way to way IMO. I look at it from the perspective of getting the look you want and the ride quality you expect out of a Lexus.

On a side note...hope you and everyone around you is keeping safe. Doesn't seem like the Covid situation in Quebec is going so well.
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed that there aren't a lot of options for AWD's when it comes to coilovers, only found BC and RSR that offered coilovers that would work on my car but the price difference is pretty big between the two brands. I was leaning towards the BC but when i contacted a sales rep for BC, they weren't too sure if they would work. Any thoughts on the two brands?

Yeah Quebec got hit hard man... But it seems that everyone is taking it more seriously now, especially with the cops patroling the streets and giving up to a thousand $ tickets if you don't respect the guidelines. Hope you guys are also keeping safe down your neck of the woods.
Old 04-05-20, 09:30 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by onenation
Thanks for the feedback. I noticed that there aren't a lot of options for AWD's when it comes to coilovers, only found BC and RSR that offered coilovers that would work on my car but the price difference is pretty big between the two brands. I was leaning towards the BC but when i contacted a sales rep for BC, they weren't too sure if they would work. Any thoughts on the two brands?

Yeah Quebec got hit hard man... But it seems that everyone is taking it more seriously now, especially with the cops patroling the streets and giving up to a thousand $ tickets if you don't respect the guidelines. Hope you guys are also keeping safe down your neck of the woods.
Between BC and RSR, if money wasn't a factor, I would choose the RSR. However I can appreciate that money is a factor, and BC's have been used widely by many members.
I think overall they have positive reviews, so certainly you can't go wrong.
For the 3IS, the rear are all the same in terms of fitment, whether you have RWD or AWD.
The front is where they are different...and there are 3 variations.
There's the AWD which is the same across all years and models.
The RWD does have two versions...basically 2014 - 2016, and then it seems they changed it on the 200t in 2017.

Did the BC rep give any feedback as to why he thought it may not work?

We are hiding out over here trying to stay safe. Not so bad specifically where I am, but you definitely want to avoid Toronto and anywhere close to the GTA.
Old 04-05-20, 10:35 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

So I'm seriously considering buying these BBS SX wheels. The fitment is 18x8 5x114.3 +40. I'm on RSR Downs how would that play out? Thanks in advance for any help as I'm not very good at the whole aftermarket wheel thing.
Old 04-05-20, 04:17 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Flash5
So I'm seriously considering buying these BBS SX wheels. The fitment is 18x8 5x114.3 +40. I'm on RSR Downs how would that play out? Thanks in advance for any help as I'm not very good at the whole aftermarket wheel thing.
My only concern would be caliper clearance in the front...otherwise size and offset are fine.
Chances are you'd want to throw on 15mm spacers on all around anyways to try and flush them out...which would solve your potential clearance issue in the front at the same time.
Old 04-05-20, 04:22 PM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

My only concern would be caliper clearance in the front...otherwise size and offset are fine.
Chances are you'd want to throw on 15mm spacers on all around anyways to try and flush them out...which would solve your potential clearance issue in the front at the same time.
So just use my 20mm/15mm spacers that I知 using currently and it should look decently flush? I know stock wheels are 45 and 50 offset so if I知 running 20mm spacers on the front currently and 15mm on the rear wouldn稚 I need to get probably 20mm spacers for the rears since the offset is 40 on the BBS wheels? Also I changed my mind to the BBS XR but they have the same exact sizes and measurements.
Old 04-05-20, 04:52 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Flash5
So just use my 20mm/15mm spacers that I知 using currently and it should look decently flush? I know stock wheels are 45 and 50 offset so if I知 running 20mm spacers on the front currently and 15mm on the rear wouldn稚 I need to get probably 20mm spacers for the rears since the offset is 40 on the BBS wheels? Also I changed my mind to the BBS XR but they have the same exact sizes and measurements.
The lower the offset the closer to the fender.
Since most with the stock F Sport rim (18x8 +45) on the front with a 20mm spacer say that they could probably fit a 25mm, then that's exactly what you would have.
The BBS rim is out further by 5mm, so when you add your 20mm spacer, it would be the same as an F Sport rim with a 25mm spacer.
On the rear both the offset and size of the BBS rim differ from a stock F Sport rim (18x8.5 +50).
An 18x8 +40 is the same as a 18x8.5 +50 with a 4mm spacer...so if you add your 15mm spacer to the 18x8 +40 rim, it will be like the F Sport rim with a 19mm spacer...so basically stick with your 15mm spacer on the rear. Please don't ask me to write out the math for that LOL!
Flash5 (04-05-20)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheel Showcase - 3ISx Exclusive