IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Aftermarket Wheel Showcase - 3ISx Exclusive

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-17, 04:14 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportme
davyjordi, I have the same wheels but have Swift springs and when I switched from the stock F-sport 18"s to F sport forged 19"s the car sat slightly higher than before. Tire brand, size and diameter will sometimes do that especially if the tires are new and has fresh tread vs your used tires.
thanks for responding! i'm thinking of running rs*r super downs in the front and leaving rs*r down springs in the rear. what do you think?
Old 08-11-17, 05:08 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by davyjordi
thanks for responding! i'm thinking of running rs*r super downs in the front and leaving rs*r down springs in the rear. what do you think?
I personally wouldn't mix and match different spring set up even if they were by the same brand simply because the spring rates differ.

I thought you mention you were going with coilovers?
Old 08-11-17, 05:15 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

I personally wouldn't mix and match different spring set up even if they were by the same brand simply because the spring rates differ.

I thought you mention you were going with coilovers?
haha, i was and ordered them and they arrived at my house and all but i wound up returning them because they cause just as many suspension problems down the line, too.

edit: i rebought them. hah.

Last edited by davyjordi; 08-11-17 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-11-17, 07:54 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

^^ 1+...agree with Fsportme on that one.
Old 08-11-17, 08:17 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

^^ i bought coilovers to help me solve my problems. hah.
Old 08-12-17, 09:06 AM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by davyjordi
haha, i was and ordered them and they arrived at my house and all but i wound up returning them because they cause just as many suspension problems down the line, too.

edit: i rebought them. hah.

lol... command decision!

My 1st time going with coilovers as a daily driver so I hope the benefit is to be able to adjust them to my liking than be stuck with a one dimensional spring and shock rates for all my driving needs. The factory suspension is a well thought out design and meant to please the larger mid sport class. The factory ride quality is more road compliant than probably any aftermarket spring shock set up. When you go aftermarket mods you're basically re-desigining the car to a defined purpose. Some mods can't co-exist without a trade off somewhere else.

Hey at the end of the day it's whatever makes your driving experience enjoyable!
Old 08-12-17, 11:15 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

lol... command decision!

My 1st time going with coilovers as a daily driver so I hope the benefit is to be able to adjust them to my liking than be stuck with a one dimensional spring and shock rates for all my driving needs. The factory suspension is a well thought out design and meant to please the larger mid sport class. The factory ride quality is more road compliant than probably any aftermarket spring shock set up. When you go aftermarket mods you're basically re-desigining the car to a defined purpose. Some mods can't co-exist without a trade off somewhere else.

Hey at the end of the day it's whatever makes your driving experience enjoyable!
Exactly! My first time using coilovers ever so I hope it works out well. I'll be falling well outside of the stock suspension's parameters and that's okay because I'm not compromising safety. I may be compromising ride quality, but that I can live with as long as it isn't too extreme and from what I've read, it isn't.

Anyhow, I also bought low-profile tires that because I think the sidewall of the current tires is helping to provide for an awkward stance. Some CL members have also made comments on this when asked what went wrong -- 4x4 status.

Hopefully all will be said and done by next weekend. Fingers crossed.
Old 08-13-17, 07:56 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

VOLK Racing G27 - Prisim Light Silver - 19x8.5 +45

Old 08-15-17, 09:48 AM
calbeeze
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
THE ALL NEW FERRADA FORGE-8 LIGHTWEIGHT CONCAVE PERFORMANCE WHEELS
Wow! That makes my mouth water!
The following users liked this post:
Need4Speed (08-15-17)
Old 08-15-17, 04:17 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by calbeeze
Wow! That makes my mouth water!
Members feel free to PM if you're interested or have any questions.
Old 08-16-17, 03:58 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

GS-F Replica wheels
19"
front: 235/35-19
rear: 255/35-19

Last edited by jmull3r; 12-23-17 at 08:46 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jmull3r:
Need4Speed (08-16-17), Slplknight (09-06-17)
Old 08-17-17, 10:35 PM
Is200tnc
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Guys, I have been through pages and pages of this thread and I'm still a dumba__.lol Trying to figure out rim size that will look good on my car is difficult. I live in a town where the roads are super messed up so having enough tire on the ground is a must. Considering sticking with a set of 18" rims but the offset confuses me. Specs are : 18x8/18x9 5x114.3 35/32. No idea what that all means reguarding offset. I know stock our offset is I think 45 front and 50 rear. So with this being 35 front and 32 rear will they sit somewhat flush with fenders or am I lost in the matter? I know a lot of you guys have done rims and have the info so I appreciate the help. I'm running stock rims and tires now with 20mm spacers to give it the look I want. Just don't know enough about rims to tell if this would give me the same look so I can remove the spacers.
Old 08-18-17, 05:47 AM
volthause
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Is200tnc
Guys, I have been through pages and pages of this thread and I'm still a dumba__.lol Trying to figure out rim size that will look good on my car is difficult. I live in a town where the roads are super messed up so having enough tire on the ground is a must. Considering sticking with a set of 18" rims but the offset confuses me. Specs are : 18x8/18x9 5x114.3 35/32. No idea what that all means reguarding offset. I know stock our offset is I think 45 front and 50 rear. So with this being 35 front and 32 rear will they sit somewhat flush with fenders or am I lost in the matter? I know a lot of you guys have done rims and have the info so I appreciate the help. I'm running stock rims and tires now with 20mm spacers to give it the look I want. Just don't know enough about rims to tell if this would give me the same look so I can remove the spacers.
A helpful thing to remember is that offset is relative to width, so a 45 offset on an 8 inch wide rim will look different than a 45 offset on a 10 inch wide rim. In the example here, the difference between the 8 inch and 10 inch is split evenly toward the inside and the outside of the rim, so with them being 2 inches different in width, it will get wider toward the inside 1 inch, and wider toward the outside by 1 inch.

Check out willtheyfit.com and play around with some numbers.
Is200tnc (08-20-17)
Old 08-18-17, 07:39 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by Is200tnc
With the specs above the rear will be close to being flush, but the front won't be close.
Either increasing the front to an 8.5 width or reducing the offset to around 30 will be it closer to flush.
Is200tnc (08-20-17)
Old 08-18-17, 11:31 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r

OEM GS-F wheels
19"
front: 235/35-19
rear: 255/35-19
no rubbing on RSR super downs
Looks great. Usually I hate OE "upgrades" but this looks on point!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheel Showcase - 3ISx Exclusive