IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Buying an F sport exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-22, 04:51 PM
sunamer
Advanced

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by swaangin
I'm not equating a 'loud' exhaust with better sounding. What I am saying is, there is no difference in sound between stock and the F sport exhaust.

You're right, some stock BMW, Porsches, and other higher end brands stock exhaust sound amazing from factory. Lexus do not because they appease to the more 'comfort' market. That being said, their F sport exhaust is also too conservative for my taste. If I'm going to pay $1000, I want it noticeable or just go with another exhaust at the same price rate.
Yes, it is obviously subjective, but f sport and stock lexus exhausts def sound different... not drastically different though. f sport has slightly more character though. TBH f sport exhaust should have been standard, and then there should have been one at one notch above that one. Or maybe just have active valves.
But it is lexus... they cant afford to scare the crap out of half of their conservative buyers.
Old 09-08-22, 05:56 PM
Myrxbad
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik
My car was practically new when I brought my f sport exhaust to dealer to install. Not only did I not get any credit for a stock exhaust - I did not get it back at all. I completely forgot about it. When I called them in three days after installation, they said sorry it already got scrapped, whatever that means. Sorry, could not give you the answer to your original question. But I guess it depends how you can negation before the installation. In case you don't get any credit just don't assume that they will put your stock exhaust into your trunk. I learned my lesson.
When I ordered my car I made sure to put in the deal that I wanted the stock exhaust when I picked up the car. That way I wouldn't forget.
I wonder if they would give you the stock exhaust from somebody else's car if someone else orders the F Sport exhaust? Worth the ask Maybe.