Lease Issues....Need advice/help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-15, 03:51 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy Lease Issues....Need advice/help

Hi there,

Well my Audi has left me stranded for the last time, unfortunately this time it's looking like the entire turbo is shot which will be a pretty penny to fix

Anyway I've been looking into finally getting into an is350 lease and I'm having some problems figuring things out. I keep seeing posts where people are getting 10+% off MSRP and with emailing numberous dealers around me (colorado area) the best I've gotten is a paltry 6.47% off msrp... Is it just the area? Would I be better off trying to lease in a different state where there is more competition and just driving the car back?

I'm also curious what the 2015 june/july residual values are. They seem low from what the dealer quoted me at 65% for 36 months/12k a year. BMWs and Audis lease for that I'd have thought a japanese brand, being more reliable, would have a slightly better residual?

Thanks for any and all help.
Old 06-22-15, 10:41 AM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

No one has any advice?
Old 06-22-15, 12:07 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Most of those 10+% off MSRP were for MY2014 this year (even though some people got these deal early on last year, I got 9% off last year June). You're probably getting the same numbers from the dealers because they think they are the only dealer you are in contact with. Try to say the "well this other dealer is offering me blah blah blah". then the games begin. Residuals change but those numbers are just estimates.
Old 06-22-15, 12:23 PM
dagobert
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealing in person more often than not will give you a better result than emailing dealers.

With email its to easy to give a canned response.
Old 06-22-15, 02:57 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by drbazing
Most of those 10+% off MSRP were for MY2014 this year (even though some people got these deal early on last year, I got 9% off last year June). You're probably getting the same numbers from the dealers because they think they are the only dealer you are in contact with. Try to say the "well this other dealer is offering me blah blah blah". then the games begin. Residuals change but those numbers are just estimates.

I see. I have found one dealer who has been willing to match, so far, whatever offer I get offered so I'll just try to see how low they will go. I know email offers are usually slightly higher but if I'm dealing with an out of state dealership, I want to get the best deal before making the trip out there.
Old 06-22-15, 03:03 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The only places I know that will have good deals that is closest to you are Norcal and Socal. Maybe Texas too but I don't know what part of Texas.
Old 06-22-15, 09:42 PM
Reeladdict
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dagobert
Dealing in person more often than not will give you a better result than emailing dealers.

With email its to easy to give a canned response.
meh, I have to disagree with this big time. I've purchased 6 brand new cars in my life so far, 2 in person (before I knew any better) and the last 4 online.

When you go in, you are dealing with sales people. They have different motivations for selling you the car. When you deal with internet/fleet managers they are usually looking for volume so they are not afraid to write a skinny deal, sometimes even lose money.

I am in the Northeast, so perhaps its easier for me but I email every single dealership from New York to Maine, take the lowest price, forward that to all the other dealers and ask who wants to play ball. By the 2nd or 3rd time of doing this I usually only have 2-3 dealerships left. Then you do it again, until you are left with the lowest price.

I was able to get my 2014 IS350 F-sport, 15K/miles a year with $1,500 due at signing for $385 a month. This was december of 2014, and I register in New Hampshire so I don't pay sales tax.

Deals can be had if you're patient and not afraid to say no. The dealership that finally won my business I had turned them down as they wanted the same terms but the payment was $450 a month 3 weeks prior, timing is everything so just be patient and don't give in.
Old 06-22-15, 10:21 PM
patrickkv2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey

I work at a Lexus dealership in Socal in the Internet department. let me know if you need anything!
Old 06-22-15, 10:52 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Reeladdict
meh, I have to disagree with this big time. I've purchased 6 brand new cars in my life so far, 2 in person (before I knew any better) and the last 4 online.

When you go in, you are dealing with sales people. They have different motivations for selling you the car. When you deal with internet/fleet managers they are usually looking for volume so they are not afraid to write a skinny deal, sometimes even lose money.

I am in the Northeast, so perhaps its easier for me but I email every single dealership from New York to Maine, take the lowest price, forward that to all the other dealers and ask who wants to play ball. By the 2nd or 3rd time of doing this I usually only have 2-3 dealerships left. Then you do it again, until you are left with the lowest price.

I was able to get my 2014 IS350 F-sport, 15K/miles a year with $1,500 due at signing for $385 a month. This was december of 2014, and I register in New Hampshire so I don't pay sales tax.

Deals can be had if you're patient and not afraid to say no. The dealership that finally won my business I had turned them down as they wanted the same terms but the payment was $450 a month 3 weeks prior, timing is everything so just be patient and don't give in.
Yeah so far I've gotten a few decent offers. It's annoying having to do all of thi negotiating and then going through sale people telling me they can't do lower then having them "go talk to their sales manager" later to find out they actually can. Anyway, I think I have a good deal, the sad thing is the dealership it is with just doesn't have the vehicle specified the way I want it. I'm trying to get a nearby dealerhip to match thi offer since they do.
Old 06-22-15, 10:53 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by patrickkv2
I work at a Lexus dealership in Socal in the Internet department. let me know if you need anything!
If you have an atomic silver is350 with red interior with nav/ml, bsm, and dynamic cruise let me know! That is what I'm looking for.
Old 06-22-15, 11:43 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Reeladdict

+1

Let your keyboard do 99% of your negotiating work (after you've done a test drive or two to make sure of the model and equipment you want).
Old 06-23-15, 08:30 AM
oddseth
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
+1

Let your keyboard do 99% of your negotiating work (after you've done a test drive or two to make sure of the model and equipment you want).
I would also recommend cross-shopping with the Infniniti G50 since the lease rates are comparable to what you would get on an IS350. I had the Infiniti and Lexus dealers in a bidding war even though I was more interested in the Lexus but in the end it helped me get closer to my goal.
Old 06-23-15, 09:39 AM
patrickkv2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kadify
If you have an atomic silver is350 with red interior with nav/ml, bsm, and dynamic cruise let me know! That is what I'm looking for.
No way, I literally JUST sold an Atomic silver to my customer last Sunday with the options you just specified. I've been in contact with him for almost two months after he first stopped by my dealership, he was coming from Chicago; moved to Socal. But any vehicle that is available, I can get it for my clients.
Old 06-23-15, 08:58 PM
kadify
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by patrickkv2
No way, I literally JUST sold an Atomic silver to my customer last Sunday with the options you just specified. I've been in contact with him for almost two months after he first stopped by my dealership, he was coming from Chicago; moved to Socal. But any vehicle that is available, I can get it for my clients.
Dang that's too bad. I'm sure you wouldn't be willing to work on much of a deal if you had to ship in a car from another dealership/custom order one though and I'm pretty steadfast on the options I listed. The only other option I'd like but doubt I'd find, since most IS350s don't come fully loaded, would be if the car had park assist and the vgrs.