Buying a new or used IS350 F Sport, opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-15, 12:37 PM
echeung3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new or used IS350 F Sport, opinions

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong area.

I'm currently interested in purchasing a used/new IS350 F sport, I've been browsing and calling for prices and there's one that has me hooked. I wanted to see if it was a good deal, and if it is a good deal, how much down payment should I throw down as well as for how long.

I was thinking about putting 10k down.

I also graduated 2014, have a job, and I have a credit score of about 760.

The car I'm currently interested in is a 2014 IS350 F sport white exterior and black interior.

it comes included with:
-Levinson Audio
-BSM
-Navi and other bells and whistles
-Supposed to be fully loaded for an F-Sport

It has about 15k miles on it and its priced at a whopping $39,981 (although the dealer said they'd take off 1.3k)

I was also told that the new model year is coming out in August and the prices might drop for the 2014's. Or should I wait until the December to Remember event? Given this information what do you guys think I should do?

Thanks!
Old 07-12-15, 03:27 PM
coldsoda
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the "golden opportunity" event starts about now, not sure how that compares to the December event... Good thing you live in CA they get the best deals I have seen! Hopefully someone who knows the event details can say if the golden/december deal is the one to go for. I am about ready myself to get into a new '15 is350 f-sport, I can wait until Dec if the deals are better then, but can jump sooner if the timing and deal is right. Good luck, keep us posted on your deal please!

p.s. you should quality for the recent grad $1k deal if you decide to go new, check this out for details:
https://www.lexusfinancial.com/pub/w...aduate_program

Last edited by coldsoda; 07-12-15 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-12-15, 03:30 PM
EJ255t
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got my IS used w/10k miles for 41k last july!! i wanted a new one that way i could get all the options i wanted and have 0miles!!

but i ended up getting the used because it already had everything i wanted with low miles at a price i could work with. Dont wait too long!!

39k is a good price!! id get it!
Old 07-12-15, 05:00 PM
echeung3
Driver School Candidate

Hey EJ!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you put down for down payment and how many years financing did you select? And is it all at 1.9% for used?
Old 07-12-15, 06:01 PM
EJ255t
Pole Position

i put 8k down or 6 years. when i get my car it was set at 3.8%. so im trying to pay off my car as quick as possible.
Old 07-12-15, 06:36 PM
echeung3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coldsoda
I know the "golden opportunity" event starts about now, not sure how that compares to the December event... Good thing you live in CA they get the best deals I have seen! Hopefully someone who knows the event details can say if the golden/december deal is the one to go for. I am about ready myself to get into a new '15 is350 f-sport, I can wait until Dec if the deals are better then, but can jump sooner if the timing and deal is right. Good luck, keep us posted on your deal please!

p.s. you should quality for the recent grad $1k deal if you decide to go new, check this out for details:
https://www.lexusfinancial.com/pub/w...aduate_program

What are the deals for used cars during the event? I checked online but its all expired deals for new vehicles.

I do qualify for the grad program but I believe the program only works for new vehicles.
Old 07-12-15, 06:41 PM
echeung3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EJ255t
i put 8k down or 6 years. when i get my car it was set at 3.8%. so im trying to pay off my car as quick as possible.
monthly around $550?
Old 07-12-15, 08:28 PM
coldsoda
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by echeung3
What are the deals for used cars during the event? I checked online but its all expired deals for new vehicles.

I do qualify for the grad program but I believe the program only works for new vehicles.
yeah I only mentioned that with the "if you decide to go new" disclaimer as I think any used sales will be luck of the draw depending on the specific dealer. the grad program is only for new, but figured it was worth mentioning since you said you were looking at both options.
Old 07-12-15, 08:35 PM
Driverseat
Rookie

I just picked mine up certified loaded 14 is350 10k miles for $36,500+++
Really pleased with the deal!
Old 07-12-15, 08:45 PM
EJ255t
Pole Position

monthly around $550?
560 a month w/ the warranty. Im happy with the purchase!! love the car!!!!
Old 07-12-15, 10:31 PM
echeung3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EJ255t
560 a month w/ the warranty. Im happy with the purchase!! love the car!!!!
I'm happy for you! Now i just need to get mine so I can officially join the lexus club hahaha.

Thanks so much for your info, I hope to pick it up by the end of august and see if theres possibly a lower price!
Old 07-12-15, 10:32 PM
echeung3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Driverseat
I just picked mine up certified loaded 14 is350 10k miles for $36,500+++
Really pleased with the deal!
$36,500 OTD? and is this a 350 f sport?? thats such a great deal!
Old 07-13-15, 07:02 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got you beat, 36 OTD including 7% tax on 14 is350 F with very literally every option (even the stupid stuff).

My cheating technique was to look at independent or other luxury dealers who might have taken the car as a trade. Being that new there was a big overlap of factory and CPO warranty so i figured it rather skip the CPO and take the price cut. I also had an assumption that near the end of the factory warranty i would probably be getting extended warranty calls that would be the same cost as the CPO premium just more useful if i wanted it.

I ended up getting it from a BMW dealer who the owner traded it in on an M3 and after a month of owning the car myself the car wanted to do the same thing since the trans logic wants to be in 8th SO early and has no low end grunt. Outside of sport mode the pedal has a huge delay too.

HOWEVER: I did learn that if i want pedal feel i need to be in sport or sport plus but on the highway it only goes up to 6th so you have to be in manual mode to get it into 8th. NOW its a fun car and i dont need an M3

Sorry for the off topic.

Last edited by Snowrydr01; 07-13-15 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-13-15, 09:03 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong area.

I'm currently interested in purchasing a used/new IS350 F sport, I've been browsing and calling for prices and there's one that has me hooked. I wanted to see if it was a good deal, and if it is a good deal, how much down payment should I throw down as well as for how long.

I was thinking about putting 10k down.

I also graduated 2014, have a job, and I have a credit score of about 760.

The car I'm currently interested in is a 2014 IS350 F sport white exterior and black interior.

it comes included with:
-Levinson Audio
-BSM
-Navi and other bells and whistles
-Supposed to be fully loaded for an F-Sport

It has about 15k miles on it and its priced at a whopping $39,981 (although the dealer said they'd take off 1.3k)

I was also told that the new model year is coming out in August and the prices might drop for the 2014's. Or should I wait until the December to Remember event? Given this information what do you guys think I should do?

Thanks!
If you qualify for the grad rebate, I recommend focusing on a 2015 - there should be some aggressive dealer incentives coming as the 2016s start to arrive. My wife and I got about 16% off msrp on our 2014 last Oct (including $1800 in rebates). Ours is an F-Sport, Nav, BSM, ML.
Old 07-13-15, 10:06 AM
Driverseat
Rookie

Thanks it was Plus tax, title fees & dealer fee. Still happy with the deal. Thousands cheaper then any CERTIFIED lexus is350 that was as loaded as mine.

Quick Reply: Buying a new or used IS350 F Sport, opinions