IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Using Lexus Remote Enform App for guest driver?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-15, 11:10 AM
GiN4tHeWiN
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Using Lexus Remote Enform App for guest driver?

So I had a question about the remote enform app.. wasn't sure if I should have added this question onto the recent remote start thread, but decided to start a new one instead

Anyway, so let's say I had the keyfob on me and I was at work or whatever, but I wanted to let a friend take the car out or use it, would I be able to use the remote start to allow him to drive the car, even though the keyfob is with me?

I know there's also a "guest driver" button on the app, but I'm unclear on how it works.. it seems to just be profiles, and I dont know whether or not the key is still required to be nearby.

Anyone know if this would work? or is the remote enform app purely just for climate control on a hot day...

would be convenient if it did..
Old 07-24-15, 05:54 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by GiN4tHeWiN
So I had a question about the remote enform app.. wasn't sure if I should have added this question onto the recent remote start thread, but decided to start a new one instead

Anyway, so let's say I had the keyfob on me and I was at work or whatever, but I wanted to let a friend take the car out or use it, would I be able to use the remote start to allow him to drive the car, even though the keyfob is with me?

I know there's also a "guest driver" button on the app, but I'm unclear on how it works.. it seems to just be profiles, and I dont know whether or not the key is still required to be nearby.

Anyone know if this would work? or is the remote enform app purely just for climate control on a hot day...

would be convenient if it did..
No, it will not work. You can't remote-start the car without having the doors locked. He'll need a fob to open the door. The process of opening the door will kill the engine.