IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Weird parking lot story

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-15, 08:55 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Weird parking lot story

So I was heading to the home depot to get some materials for a project and I parked all the way in the back like usual. A Honda that was following behind me parked about 4-5 parking spaces away. As I got out the car and walked in the store, I noticed from the corner of my eye that the driver of the honda was glancing at my car.

I went in the home depot, bought my materials, and walked out in a time span of 10 minutes. What do I see? The Honda parked right next to me. I got suspicious and inspected around my car for door dings or scratches but there was nothing. Some people
Old 11-25-15, 07:10 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
So I was heading to the home depot to get some materials for a project and I parked all the way in the back like usual. A Honda that was following behind me parked about 4-5 parking spaces away. As I got out the car and walked in the store, I noticed from the corner of my eye that the driver of the honda was glancing at my car. I went in the home depot, bought my materials, and walked out in a time span of 10 minutes. What do I see? The Honda parked right next to me. I got suspicious and inspected around my car for door dings or scratches but there was nothing. Some people

If I were you, I would have left the lot right away and come back shortly after. Glad that nothing happens. Better to have a dashcam that has parking mode.
Old 11-25-15, 08:50 AM
Jeremy1976
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He probaby just wanted to check it out. I get that a lot with mine.
Old 11-25-15, 08:55 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phew.I started to read it and thought Oh no...Glad nothing happened
Old 11-25-15, 09:08 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

Easy explanation. He liked your car so much he parked next to you so no idiot would park next to you and ding your car. Now that's admiration!
Old 11-25-15, 11:29 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Easy explanation. He liked your car so much he parked next to you so no idiot would park next to you and ding your car. Now that's admiration!
That was my 2nd thought after I posted mine. The other driver also chose to park far away and in that sense, he cares about his car as well and obviously the OP's car looks good and parking next to him has added another level of assurance that the Honda car is safe.
Old 11-25-15, 11:56 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Some interesting comments here lol. Maybe he was trying to help me out.
Old 11-25-15, 12:01 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want the 30 seconds I spent reading this post back...
Old 11-25-15, 12:13 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

funny, I was at home depot two days ago and I walked out and saw someone stopped at my car looking at it.

I stayed by the exit and watched as he walked around the car multiple times and pressed his face up against the driver window, left a nice big grease mark as well.

he seemed to just be checking it out, after he looking it up and down he walked into the store.

the only thing he touched was the window with his face, he didn't put his hands on the car at all, but I have come out of places to find finger prints on the glass and on the hood a few times.

my take is that no one knows what the hell it is, around here I have yet to see another one on the road, even an RC350 I've only seen 1.

Last edited by mjeds; 11-25-15 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-25-15, 01:00 PM
jkhang714
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Happens all the time as here as well. I park hella far out. People will park next to mine and take photo's, i'm like really? Im on baggs tho so maybe to some that may be a wow factor.
Old 11-25-15, 01:13 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
I agree with the above. Probably more due to admiration than ill intentions
Old 11-25-15, 02:16 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mjeds
funny, I was at home depot two days ago and I walked out and saw someone stopped at my car looking at it.

I stayed by the exit and watched as he walked around the car multiple times and pressed his face up against the driver window, left a nice big grease mark as well.

he seemed to just be checking it out, after he looking it up and down he walked into the store.

the only think he touched was the window with his face, he didn't put his hands on the car at all, but I have come out of places to find finger prints on the glass and on the hood a few times.

my take is that no one knows what the hell it is, around here I have yet to see another one on the road, even an RC350 I've only seen 1.
I just laughed out loud while reading this. Just imaging someone pressing their face against your car window..
I don't mind people looking. But touching without permission is a no for me. My car is dirty right now. If someone were to rub there hand on my car, he/she would also be rubbing the dust/dirt on the paint, scratching it.
Old 11-25-15, 02:38 PM
paulkim510
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful, it might have been someone trying to scope out your car to see what they could steal...
Old 11-25-15, 02:39 PM
paulkim510
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paulkim510
Be careful, it might have been someone trying to scope out your car to see what they could steal...
Ever watched the movie Gone in 60 Seconds? Hahaha
Old 11-25-15, 03:07 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by paulkim510
Not to worry. I never leave anything in my car. No bags, no loose change, not even my phone charger lol

Quick Reply: Weird parking lot story