IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Let's talk about the mod(s) you regret the most...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-16, 06:56 AM
Maveri9720
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IScrazzd
Do you have stock wheels? Please post a pic. Much appreciated. Great to have you guys help me out in taking the right decision . Always looking for best bang for the buck. Been down the " modifying before really finding out the outcome " road.

Having kids , mortgage and everything else makes someone think twice about throwing their money around.
I'll try and take some pics and post them up. And yes, I'm on the stock F-Sport wheels and absolutely love them.
Old 01-11-16, 07:00 AM
Maveri9720
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OvOxNO
My vehicle is RWD and yes I definitely would have went with the springs. The car looks 10x better in my opinion and with that I haven't lost the total comfort of the ride we all expect from a luxury vehicle. In saying all of that my ONLY regret would be underestimating the drop due to prior experience with coils and not being as careful pulling in/ exiting parking lots with inclines. But honestly its mainly the front bumper you have to be careful with and I think 98% of that is due to the added length the "all fit" gives it, the actual bumper has taken zero damage. It really boils down to operator error.
Agreed. My All-Fit lip has saved me quite a few times. Totally operator error and just need to be mindful, but even then I've messed up more than I'd like to admit. Luckily, all my damage is under the bumper, where I can't see it, not on the front. If I had a real lip kit, it would totally be destroyed by now and I'd be pissed and I'm a cautious driver who tries to be aware of these issues. Whole reason I went with the All-Fit kit, great quality, cost effective and it does its job well, plus I think it looks good too.
Old 01-11-16, 10:17 AM
OvOxNO
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Maveri9720
Agreed. My All-Fit lip has saved me quite a few times. Totally operator error and just need to be mindful, but even then I've messed up more than I'd like to admit. Luckily, all my damage is under the bumper, where I can't see it, not on the front. If I had a real lip kit, it would totally be destroyed by now and I'd be pissed and I'm a cautious driver who tries to be aware of these issues. Whole reason I went with the All-Fit kit, great quality, cost effective and it does its job well, plus I think it looks good too.
It does look great, and can take a bit of a beating too.
Old 01-11-16, 11:03 AM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tanabe tower bar. Poor quality, head breaking installation, sold it after a week of driving.
Old 01-11-16, 04:26 PM
IScrazzd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do I find one of these lips? EBay? Is it just a lip that fits all kinds of bumpers, never heard of such a thing.
Old 01-11-16, 04:31 PM
OvOxNO
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IScrazzd
Where do I find one of these lips? EBay? Is it just a lip that fits all kinds of bumpers, never heard of such a thing.
http://allfitautomotive.com/traditio...l-fit-lip-kit/
This might help as well..https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...t-lip-kit.html
Old 01-12-16, 06:20 AM
FullAtomic
Pole Position

Try buying a set of forged wheels, blowing your back 2 tires on your way to the airport.
Ride steel for a bit.
Wheels are unrepairable.
Down many $$$.
** Drops mic **
Old 01-12-16, 07:04 AM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FullAtomic
Try buying a set of forged wheels, blowing your back 2 tires on your way to the airport.
Ride steel for a bit.
Wheels are unrepairable.
Down many $$$.
** Drops mic **

how.... how does one do this?

i did buy a new set of volk ze40... which i sold and got re30... not sure if i learned my lesson
Old 01-12-16, 07:08 AM
FullAtomic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dnasians
how.... how does one do this?

i did buy a new set of volk ze40... which i sold and got re30... not sure if i learned my lesson
How?
The worst luck possible. Zero resale value. Outer rim was shredded and no saving them.
I'm looking to buy a set of rays but the Canadian dollar is just atrocious.
Old 01-12-16, 07:14 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree...
The all fit lip is very good looking, cheap and durable. Before buying I saw the lip installed on one car and I liked it, then I showed the all fit + aimgain lip to several people and they all liked the all fit lip more !
Old 01-12-16, 07:37 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Only one regret. The 6000K HID Powerhouse head light bulbs. Color temp is fine but they are too dim at night and they look like they are getting dimmer over time.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post8132047
Old 01-12-16, 07:40 AM
FullAtomic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Only one regret. The 6000K HID Powerhouse head light bulbs. Color temp is fine but they are too dim at night and they look like they are getting dimmer over time.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post8132047
What would you suggest instead?
Old 01-12-16, 07:44 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

I believe Philips are brighter, but I'll let others who have swapped for these or other brands, chime in.
Old 01-12-16, 08:16 AM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Philips. It's expensive, but do it right the first time.

buy once, cry once
Old 01-12-16, 08:17 AM
FullAtomic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dnasians
Philips. It's expensive, but do it right the first time.

buy once, cry once
That motto is on point .

Quick Reply: Let's talk about the mod(s) you regret the most...