IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Question for those who are lowered and warranty work

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-16, 01:55 PM
eyecue
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question for those who are lowered and warranty work

Background: My last car was lowered and I had problems trying to get warranty work done by the dealer because they tried to blame the lowering springs for a broken steering column. So now I'm extra cautious.

Questions: Has anybody had issues lowering their car? (broken parts). Any warranty denied cases due to lowering springs?

If I understand correctly simply modifying a car does not take away the warranty, only if the modification caused the issue you may have. Can somebody who maybe knows more clarify this point?

Another question I have a 2014 is250 F-Sport, I've seen some F-Sport lowering springs around but not many have installed them around here (why not?). Do those come standard with the F-sport? They look blue and my springs aren't blue. My car doesn't look lowered at all.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-16, 02:14 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Your understanding about warranty and modifications is correct.

Unless they can prove the mod did the damage or contributed towards it, then they should still honor the warranty.

Example: lowering springs will have no connection to a excessive wear on leather seats. So if you’re trying to warranty your seats, then you will be fine. However, if your shocks start leaking oil, they can easily deny the warranty claim because of your [aftermarket] lowering springs.

Last edited by CLUM; 02-24-16 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-24-16, 02:21 PM
Jskrapper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The F sport springs are different and are a different SKU from what comes factory on you F sport model. The reason why not many people install them is because the drop is very subtle compared to what else is out there in terms of aftermarket springs. I have seen and heard between 1/2 inch to 1 inch. Most settling around the 3/4 inch drop.

Plus they tend to keep the gap in front a little larger than the gap in the rear, giving a non desired look to the stance.
Old 02-24-16, 02:56 PM
sandiegoer
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i currently have the f sport spring installed by the dealer ship (free labor so why not?) ,
so here is the pros: OEM warranty since installation perform by lexus
cheap af LOL like 300 afer tax
cons: rear wheel gap perfect but front wheel is **** hahahha
but for me the fsport is perfect since i am running seibon front lip and still scratch the **** out of it
the ride is quite smooth no different than stock TBH
Old 02-24-16, 07:35 PM
eyecue
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright, sounds good