Old 04-10-16, 01:18 PM
greatness
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is 350 or is350 F kit

Hello it's me😂
After searching for the most reliable 4 door sports car i found the is350
So im planning to buy either an is350 or the is 350 F kit
Some people have told me that there is no difference except for the body kit and the sexy gauges . My concern is that is ther any difference in the handling ??
Old 04-10-16, 02:23 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

You mean F sport not kit. Yes there is a difference. The F Sport comes with variable suspension which makes it very sporty.
Old 04-10-16, 02:58 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by greatness
Some people have told me that there is no difference except for the body kit and the sexy gauges . My concern is that is ther any difference in the handling ??
There are differences, so I suggest you don't listen to those people.
Luxury option isn't available on F-sport, so for example leather seats, memory seats plus other items aren't available on the F-sport version. I suggest you download the IS brochure to get the full picture.
On the other hand F-sport has stiffer suspension and so called adaptive-suspension. There was plenty of sportiness for me in the normal IS 350 when I test drove it (I test drove F-sport too) so I chose the IS 350 (plus the luxury option was very important to me), your mileage may vary. There are also some cosmetic differences and certain color schemes are reserved for F-sport only.
Be an informed customer - at least know what you are getting or what you could be getting. We had folks here who brought an IS home and didn't know the seats weren't leather nor the seats had memory and complained the dealer really didn't explain all the options..

Last edited by Olasek; 04-10-16 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-10-16, 11:31 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

The F-Sport comes with Nuluxe (fake leather), thats the only option you can get. It has a soft touch to it, and it would "probably" last longer than real leather. Also, has the more aggressive front bumper and F-sport rims.

F-Sport has very limited "luxury" options, but I'm okay with not having memory seats, telescoping steering wheels, heated steering, and some others. I'm only 22, and these options were meehh.
Old 04-10-16, 11:46 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
The F-Sport comes with Nuluxe (fake leather), thats the only option you can get. It has a soft touch to it, and it would "probably" last longer than real leather. Also, has the more aggressive front bumper and F-sport rims.

F-Sport has very limited "luxury" options, but I'm okay with not having memory seats, telescoping steering wheels, heated steering, and some others. I'm only 22, and these options were meehh.
The F-Sport can get telescoping steering wheels with the VGRS option. Heated steering wheels also come with the AWD F-Sport.
Old 04-11-16, 01:53 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nathantse
, and it would "probably" last longer than real leather
Yeah, highly doubtful based on problems with Nuluxe people posted here.
Old 04-11-16, 02:04 PM
OvOxNO
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Olasek
my car may be an exception.. but my Nuluxe has held up fine.
Old 04-11-16, 02:07 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by OvOxNO
my car may be an exception.. but my Nuluxe has held up fine.
Same here. When I sold my IS, my NuLuxe was as great as they day I bought it. I would choose NuLuxe over leather every time, if given the choice.
Old 04-11-16, 02:25 PM
evident
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 88 Posts

what problems?

mine has been fine since i got it and I dont even think twice about the fact that it really isn't leather. it feels just as nice IMO. I got complaints about the car, but the NuLuxe definitely isn't one of them! and at the end of the day, all my complaints are about non essential things (navigation system), this car is in general is awesome.
Old 04-11-16, 02:33 PM
listairee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would take NuLuxe any time over leather. Less maintenance and the looks wont deteriorate like leather over time.
Old 04-11-16, 03:06 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

I felt Nuluxe at the dealer and it felt like "chemical" product. Plus it felt very thin. I didn't like neither the feel of it nor the smell (my wife was even more against it). Plus I appreciate how natural leather gains patina and weathered look.

what problems?
You must have missed posts on the subject.
Old 04-11-16, 03:10 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I felt Nuluxe at the dealer and it felt like "chemical" product. Plus it felt very thin. I didn't like neither the feel of it nor the smell (my wife was even more against it). Plus I appreciate how natural leather gains patina and weathered look.
I can understand how it's not for everyone. I just liked that it was soft, maintenance free, and didn't develop a single crease in the 2+ years I had my IS. I will definitely agree though that leather smells much, much better.

You must have missed posts on the subject.
A few people have indeed had some issues with NuLuxe seats, though I'd say it's a lot fewer than the number of posts/threads about Lexus leather being too fragile and wearing too quickly.