IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Redesigned 2017 Lexus IS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-16, 07:35 AM
BluPhirePB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do I see a built in rear bumper diffuser?
Old 04-22-16, 07:48 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Syan48306
Is that a coupe?

My personal wishlist.

*Turbo 3 liter pushing ~350 hp
*Mechanical rear differential
*Wider Navi screen

Everything else looks great to me. New headlights, new LED taillights and turn signals. New chrome rectangular exhaust like the RX350.
Why would that be a coupe? The coupe is RC. This is an IS.
Old 04-22-16, 08:27 AM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Need to see it all uncovered but maybe I decided too soon and said I wouldn't like the new front. Those orange turn signals look fire doeeee...
Old 04-22-16, 08:55 AM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

another member posted a full front shot. i'm not a fan. i think the original bumpers are more aggressive.

this looks kinda.... camery ish

Old 04-22-16, 09:01 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by dnasians
another member posted a full front shot. i'm not a fan. i think the original bumpers are more aggressive.

Photoshopped.
Old 04-22-16, 09:08 AM
BluPhirePB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dnasians

Originally Posted by dojoman
Photoshopped.
Yup.

Original pic:

Old 04-22-16, 09:18 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

I hope they don't get rid of the predator look. I love that face. It screams to the car in front of me "get out of my way or I will swallow you whole!"
Old 04-22-16, 09:35 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it'll be an ISF from those pics, but I do hope the ISF is in the works. The RCF and GSF are just priced too high.

They have the internals, I'd be very surprised if they didn't drop the new improved 5.0l into the ISF to compete with the M3.
Old 04-22-16, 10:06 AM
Jskrapper
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Why would that be a coupe? The coupe is RC. This is an IS.

Yes, you are correct. However, the pic he was referring to, you can not see a rear door line.
Old 04-22-16, 10:16 AM
chyeea03
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jskrapper
Yes, you are correct. However, the pic he was referring to, you can not see a rear door line.
Yeah it's quite strange but if you look at the rear, you can see a door handle shape from under the cover
Old 04-22-16, 10:59 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If anyone is interested in where the leaked photos are from, here is the link to the direct news page from this chinese website: http://info.xcar.com.cn/201604/news_...ype=all#page_2

Enjoy
Old 04-22-16, 12:24 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 500 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Jskrapper
oh come on, the guy walking by's leg is in the way in the photo
Old 04-22-16, 12:30 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 500 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
If anyone is interested in where the leaked photos are from, here is the link to the direct news page from this chinese website: http://info.xcar.com.cn/201604/news_...ype=all#page_2

Enjoy
I'll quote the Chinese text translated by Google Translate for those interested in reading.

Car Comments: The Beijing Auto Show , the Lexus will release three new vehicles, including F-FC for the Chinese flagship concept car first, and LC 500h models for the Asian debut, was the world premiere of the new IS. By then, the love card car will show the site has the details.

tension! tension! From the 2016 Beijing Motor Show opening just a weekend! In order to meet the majority of users always like to advance spectacular mood, love card editor in advance to "strike a distant Tianzhu car Scriptures," Here is a group of suspected new Lexus IS pictures, although the mid-facelift models, but it the title is not a small, world premiere!

Accordance with the domestic auto show of the unspoken rules, the mysterious car in advance photographed by the media a great chance, this is not love card on the first shot to be in the current Lexus Auto Show world debut of the new IS, but because of the car also shy wearing a veil, in line with the principle of responsibility for the authenticity of the news, we called the time being suspected of the new iS.

According to preliminary news, the new IS biggest change on the former face, the new car will be redesigned headlight contour from the previous notice published map view, the new IS headlight shape is more sharp, it reported that the group will also be headlights interior lights xenon lights upgrade to the LED light source. In addition, from the first pictures taken, the size of the air intake front bumper on both sides of the new IS was significantly increased, looks more domineering. According to preliminary news, the new IS is also expected for the grille of the internal structure adjustment, taillights and other details will also be fully upgraded, this love card from car museum probe photographed the new IS picture vaguely been confirmed.

There is no interior to take photos, but according to preliminary news, the new IS interior change is not large, but is expected to use the new information and entertainment system, and in terms of active safety features will also be upgraded. Power, the new IS equipped with 2.0T engine is expected to continue, the current model maximum power of 180kW, but we do not rule out new IS will have the power to re-adjust.
Old 04-22-16, 12:48 PM
CRFTD
Driver School Candidate

Seeing these leaked images of the facelifted 3is makes me wish I waited haha. So far so good from what I can see. Lexus should have put a sportier rear diffuser on the Fsport from the get go.
Old 04-22-16, 12:48 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The front bumper looks similar to the new gs refreshed bumper.

Quick Reply: Redesigned 2017 Lexus IS