IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

LED turn signal bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-16, 02:36 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts
Default LED turn signal bulbs

I think I want to replace my OEM with LED's. I searched and found a picture with LED turn signals and I really like how clean it looks without the orange bulbs. I don't know anything about resistors and such so I'm really hoping someone can help steer me in the path of least resistance. I just want to pull out the original bulb and replace it with X. I've never dealt with LED's before so I'm a little hesitant.

It seems that these will work - http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Error-Free-...s-p/20-009.htm

and I found these - http://www.xenondepot.com/7443-W3x16...37443w-360.htm would I need a CANbus with these??

I would appreciate any help from you guys.
Old 04-22-16, 08:50 PM
DEMONX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the LED bulb and see if a resistor is require (In some cars isn't require) but is easy to install a resistor. They usually sell them at auto stores and there videos on YouTube on how to install..
Old 04-24-16, 11:18 PM
LINSTEFAN
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doodlebug
I think I want to replace my OEM with LED's. I searched and found a picture with LED turn signals and I really like how clean it looks without the orange bulbs. I don't know anything about resistors and such so I'm really hoping someone can help steer me in the path of least resistance. I just want to pull out the original bulb and replace it with X. I've never dealt with LED's before so I'm a little hesitant.

It seems that these will work - http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Error-Free-...s-p/20-009.htm

and I found these - http://www.xenondepot.com/7443-W3x16...37443w-360.htm would I need a CANbus with these??

I would appreciate any help from you guys.
I would purchase the ijdmtoy since majority of their products are seriously just plug and play. In addition, i'm pretty sure those turn signals don't need a resistor since it says in the descriptions and from the reviews.
Old 04-25-16, 09:48 AM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Go with the iJDMTOY, I have them. Completely plug and play. All you'll need to do is find a spot to mount the decoder. I zip tied them to whatever was near by and haven't had any issues. They are very bright where as other LED turn signals lose their visibility during the day. I personally have the white ones and when I drive at night and hit them they light up exit signs that are far away. Very pleased with the quality and I'm sure the amber ones will be just as good, just went with white as personal preference.
Old 04-25-16, 11:24 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Originally Posted by KYLESTONES
Go with the iJDMTOY, I have them. Completely plug and play. All you'll need to do is find a spot to mount the decoder. I zip tied them to whatever was near by and haven't had any issues. They are very bright where as other LED turn signals lose their visibility during the day. I personally have the white ones and when I drive at night and hit them they light up exit signs that are far away. Very pleased with the quality and I'm sure the amber ones will be just as good, just went with white as personal preference.
Did you also install the rears? If so, is there plenty of room for the decoder (I think I read that there wasn't room, but I may have seen that on the NX forum)?
Old 04-25-16, 11:37 AM
KYLESTONES
Driver

I did not do rears, but others have and said there is room
Old 04-25-16, 12:35 PM
doodlebug
Instructor

Originally Posted by KYLESTONES
I did not do rears, but others have and said there is room
Thank you
Old 04-25-16, 04:32 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the rears, plenty of room.
Old 04-26-16, 08:34 PM
Cconnors09
Driver School Candidate

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Error-Free-...s-p/20-009.htm

I have these in the front and rear turn signals and no splicing required, just plug and play. They look fantastic and the output of light is nice. The LED makes it look way cleaner.
Old 04-26-16, 09:31 PM
Thang
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cconnors09

I have these in the front and rear turn signals and no splicing required, just plug and play. They look fantastic and the output of light is nice. The LED makes it look way cleaner.
Are these brighter than the stock bulb? I bought other ones online that were supposed to be brighter but they are only half the brightness of the stock bulb.
Old 04-27-16, 03:53 AM
KYLESTONES
Driver

The IJDMTOY ones are VERY bright
Old 04-27-16, 08:14 AM
Cconnors09
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Thang
Are these brighter than the stock bulb? I bought other ones online that were supposed to be brighter but they are only half the brightness of the stock bulb.
They are bright at night for sure but during the day the rears might appear about the same. The fronts are significantly brighter during the day and night. I have videos on my phone but I can't attach them I'll try and set it up through YouTube or something
Old 04-27-16, 04:16 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Cconnors09

just to clarify. on that link $36.99 is just for two bulbs right? or is it for all 4. also do you guys recommend the White led or amber. i feel like the white up front would cause an issue at night for other drivers when making a turn. since its the same color as the headlights
Old 04-27-16, 04:24 PM
gbrickey
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's the price for one pair, so you'll need to purchase two pair to do both front and rear. You can also purchase these on eBay or Amazon from the same seller. It seemed to me the ones from Amazon shipped quicker - still waiting for them.

I'm getting the Amber all around - in some areas white turn signals are not legal and could get you a ticket.
Old 04-27-16, 04:26 PM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Originally Posted by shivad87
just to clarify. on that link $36.99 is just for two bulbs right? or is it for all 4. also do you guys recommend the White led or amber. i feel like the white up front would cause an issue at night for other drivers when making a turn. since its the same color as the headlights
Just the 2, no issues with the white at night other than cops may give you trouble over it.

Quick Reply: LED turn signal bulbs