IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Weird Sounds with new BBK. help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-16, 12:10 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Weird Sounds with new BBK. help!

Hey guys 2014 IS350 AWD here. Recently installed a Big Brake kit and then this issue started.. was hoping someone can help me going to have my installer look at it, hoping it not a bigger problem where the dealer might push me away since i changed the brakes etc.

When pulling out of my driveway not at full lock but almost i hear a pulling sound in the front of the car.. The brake pedal starts to vibrate which is why i feel it has something to do with the BBK. its almost as if something is puling or straining. I can recreate the noise each time i try it and its a bit concerning. I guess you can say its a grinding noise but if i turn the wheel a little more and fully lock the noise goes away. its only when the steering wheel is at a specific point that the noise starts. I was thinking maybe something to do with my new stainless steel brake lines?

Also noticed with my New BBK that if i am traveling at a low speed and hit the brakes abruptly i hear a click come from the passenger side not sure if its the front or rear..was hoping someone can help me out here or shed some light but i will have my installer looking into it. Also do you guys think the dealer would decline any potential warranty due to the new bbk?
thanks guys

*Edit* everything is brand new! rotors, calipers pads and lines

Last edited by CobraGSF; 05-10-16 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-10-16, 12:58 PM
Sphinx007
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sounds like an issue with the install.....the dealer will definitely decline warranty on an aftermarket BBK
Old 05-10-16, 01:25 PM
dnasians
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

yeah.... probably a bad install. take it back to the shop and have them look at it.

dealer won't do any warranty work on parts that aren't OEM that originally came with the car
Old 05-10-16, 01:42 PM
atomic250
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a similar issue and I don't even have a BBK.
Old 05-10-16, 03:57 PM
CLUM
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

The first issue making a sound when the steering is turned sounds like it's the brake lines rubbing the axle. Definitely get that checked.

the click sound can just be pad movement, or could be something else. just have the mechanic go in and check movement of everything and make sure everything is tightened..
Old 05-10-16, 07:48 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CLUM
The first issue making a sound when the steering is turned sounds like it's the brake lines rubbing the axle. Definitely get that checked.

the click sound can just be pad movement, or could be something else. just have the mechanic go in and check movement of everything and make sure everything is tightened..
awesome thanks a lot! and thank you everyone else for your responses. hoping to get everything resolved.