Opinions on VMR wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-16, 02:09 PM
makoto
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on VMR wheels?

Hey all,

I'm looking into buying some new wheels for my 3IS, and the ones I've got my eyes on right now are the VMR V710FF (the ones on wsabichris's ride: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ls-v710ff.html).

What's the general consensus here on VMR's wheels? I've seen a few posts here and there about their wheels bending/cracking, or with the paint chipping quickly, but I understand that some of these things can happen even to high-quality wheels. So I wanted to see what experiences you all have had in general with VMRs.

Thanks!
Old 05-18-16, 07:01 PM
KYLESTONES
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend who bought VMRs. They look great. I've heard mixed reviews so I don't want to come off biased. He had a couple blowouts, 1 in the rear set (had very minor tire stretch but no damage. The 1 front tire blowout caused him a bent rim. Nothing major but noticeable at highway speeds. True story - he hit a spike strip on a road trip (he wasn't the target) and that caused him 4 blowouts and 3 bent rims. He threw on his stock wheels and said never again to average wheels and only goes with the best out there now. My suggestion of you do go with them is maybe run a larger tire to help save the wheels? Obviously he had some freak scenarios but just sharing my (somewhat mine) experience with VMR wheels.