IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Last day with the IS - bye for now after nearly three years

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-16 | 04:24 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Default Last day with the IS - bye for now after nearly three years

Well, the time has come to let go of #BlueLightningIS after almost three years of ownership. This has been the longest I've kept a car in recent years which speaks accolades on how good of a product it is. I've only had the battery drain issue in my ownership, now repaired (ECU replaced), and that aside, it's been bullet-proof Lexus reliable. Too many positives to list, but the main highlights with this car have been it's an attention grabber thanks to its styling and color. Ultrasonic Blue Mica is hands down the best color I've had with frequent compliments sent my way.

As I like to be different, I decided on the highly unpopular (and little liked) 2010 HS 250h as my "new" daily driver. I've had two Lexus hybrids and LOVE their smooth quiet operation and the fun challenge of beating one's past fuel economy figures. It's too bad the IS 300h found overseas is not available in N. America as this would provide the ideal balance of performance, styling, and fuel economy for a daily driver.

I will leave you for now as an IS owner with a final pic taken last evening with big brother #FPursuit who will now solely fill in for my occasional urge for performance.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 06-03-16 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-03-16 | 07:56 AM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

That is too bad. Did you remove your exhaust and put back the OEM?
Old 06-03-16 | 08:01 AM
kwasley
Driver School Candidate

awe i was enjoying the build on the USB. why didn't you get the RCF in USB if you loved the color so much? Wanna sell me those splitters, i'm sure the dealer won't care for it
Old 06-03-16 | 09:00 AM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Damn man, your USB IS is my favorite one on this entire 3Gen forum. You definitely had one of the best builds on the IS 3gen.
Old 06-03-16 | 10:47 AM
Jlin89
Driver

Sorry to hear you're getting rid of the car, the HS is a nice vehicle, too bad there are so few of them available. If you're parting out the exhaust/wheels let me know
Old 06-03-16 | 12:34 PM
qbanghost
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BostonIS
Damn man, your USB IS is my favorite one on this entire 3Gen forum. You definitely had one of the best builds on the IS 3gen.
Where is his build thread so I can see it???
I am working on my new purchased Lexus now so am half way there so far.
Old 06-03-16 | 03:12 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by qbanghost
Where is his build thread so I can see it???
I am working on my new purchased Lexus now so am half way there so far.
it's linked in his signature.
Old 06-03-16 | 07:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Thanks folks for the kind words.

Dealer liked my car and wanted it as is. I'll be posting stock wheels, exhaust, and Takeda intake in the Classifieds. Lots of TLC went into the IS so I hope whoever buys it will appreciate it and post it on this forum .

BTW. My car was a lease and yet again, traded it in without issue despite the mods.
Old 06-06-16 | 01:49 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Noooooooooo!!!!!

Going to have an HS build thread?
Old 06-07-16 | 07:11 AM
MiniaLT
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear you're getting rid of the car.
Old 06-07-16 | 10:36 AM
ISTORO
Driver

Been following your build for almost as long as you've had the car, great tasteful mods along the way. Wanted that USB when I first saw yours in 2013 but wasn't available here in the states at that time so got the unpopular and under rated Matador Red. Traded that in and finally got my USB 2.0 and have never owned a car that has received so many compliments on the color. Good luck with the HS, nice alternative to a CT. Lexus should bring it back here, still available in Japan and with the current refresh, looks like a mini IS/ES. Will miss your posts on the IS but we all eventually move on, gone but not forgotten.

Old 06-07-16 | 01:15 PM
woowoo
Pit Crew

Not surprised, seeing the RCF!
Hahaha see you in the RCF build section lol
Old 06-14-16 | 07:37 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Well, the time has come to let go of #BlueLightningIS after almost three years of ownership. This has been the longest I've kept a car in recent years which speaks accolades on how good of a product it is. I've only had the battery drain issue in my ownership, now repaired (ECU replaced), and that aside, it's been bullet-proof Lexus reliable. Too many positives to list, but the main highlights with this car have been it's an attention grabber thanks to its styling and color. Ultrasonic Blue Mica is hands down the best color I've had with frequent compliments sent my way.

As I like to be different, I decided on the highly unpopular (and little liked) 2010 HS 250h as my "new" daily driver. I've had two Lexus hybrids and LOVE their smooth quiet operation and the fun challenge of beating one's past fuel economy figures. It's too bad the IS 300h found overseas is not available in N. America as this would provide the ideal balance of performance, styling, and fuel economy for a daily driver.

I will leave you for now as an IS owner with a final pic taken last evening with big brother #FPursuit who will now solely fill in for my occasional urge for performance.

Sad to see you get rid of your 3IS as I have been enjoying your mods especially on appearance. It is inspiring. But it makes sense as the interior of 3IS and RC/RC-F is too similar.