IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

invidia midpipe not loud?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-16, 03:50 AM
LeeJonah
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default invidia midpipe not loud?

Hey guys so i recently got the invidia midpipe matched with a joeZ axleback. When i had it installed, i was expecting it to be A LOT louder than what I'm hearing.
I heard the full cat back Ark exhaust, and was expecting something around that ballpark but only getting like 50% of the sound the Ark made...
So my question is, is the invidia + JoeZ not that loud? Could a mistake in installation be the reason why its not as loud? Is the Ark exhaust just THAT much louder than the invidia + JoeZ?
Old 06-12-16, 03:38 PM
Aleriance
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeeJonah
Hey guys so i recently got the invidia midpipe matched with a joeZ axleback. When i had it installed, i was expecting it to be A LOT louder than what I'm hearing.
I heard the full cat back Ark exhaust, and was expecting something around that ballpark but only getting like 50% of the sound the Ark made...
So my question is, is the invidia + JoeZ not that loud? Could a mistake in installation be the reason why its not as loud? Is the Ark exhaust just THAT much louder than the invidia + JoeZ?
I'm not sure if I would say the ARK is TWICE as loud, but yes, it is significantly louder.
I don't believe there could've been an error in the installation, as the only thing that can really go wrong is an exhaust leak and that would make the car sound like a loud Harley. I'm not sure about you, but I prefer the note and sound level of your combination over the ARK... In my opinion, with any really loud exhaust, you'll be over it after a week and then it'll just be annoying when you're cruising. Good luck!
Old 06-13-16, 06:18 AM
Han1s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aleriance
I'm not sure if I would say the ARK is TWICE as loud, but yes, it is significantly louder.
I don't believe there could've been an error in the installation, as the only thing that can really go wrong is an exhaust leak and that would make the car sound like a loud Harley. I'm not sure about you, but I prefer the note and sound level of your combination over the ARK... In my opinion, with any really loud exhaust, you'll be over it after a week and then it'll just be annoying when you're cruising. Good luck!
I don't think its the midpipe cause I have the joez exhaust axle back with tsudo midpipe and is not as loud as I thought it was going to be I might sell my set up and get a custom set up made with hks muffler
Old 06-13-16, 10:59 PM
leo877
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

What!!!! I have same set up and it is very loud at first to me. Here is the clip I recorded. The sound is better with load.