IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Anyone else have cracking Nuluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-16, 08:03 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone else have cracking Nuluxe?

Ive already had my drivers door card replaced because the nuluxe was splitting and ripping badly under my elbow and i just notices my center console is starting to show it to where my elbow sits.

I was very surprised that lexus corporate only covered 75% of the door card and my dealer ate the rest of the cost.

My seats feel great still but the thinner parts fee VERY dry and brittle.
Old 06-16-16, 10:26 AM
sdiver68
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you use any any protectant such as Lexol Vinylex? Do you park in the sun? Tinted windows with UV protection?

In my experience unprotected materials will age quickly in the sun. While you might not be able to do anything about the sun, Vinylex every 3 months will do wonders.
Old 06-16-16, 10:34 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowrydr01
Ive already had my drivers door card replaced because the nuluxe was splitting and ripping badly under my elbow and i just notices my center console is starting to show it to where my elbow sits.

I was very surprised that lexus corporate only covered 75% of the door card and my dealer ate the rest of the cost.

My seats feel great still but the thinner parts fee VERY dry and brittle.
How old is your car? Bought new or pre-owned?

Also, take into account of how you get in & out of the car that may result in more wear & tear. Especially for big guys.
Old 06-16-16, 10:38 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sdiver68
Do you use any any protectant such as Lexol Vinylex? Do you park in the sun? Tinted windows with UV protection?

In my experience unprotected materials will age quickly in the sun. While you might not be able to do anything about the sun, Vinylex every 3 months will do wonders.
https://www.amazon.com/Lexol-1215-Vi.../dp/B0002KKHS8

Is this the correct stuff?

Would you recommend the Spray or wipes?

And, would it leave any grease-like residue? (I've notice this when I used different products from the interior of the car)
Old 06-16-16, 10:56 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Originally Posted by sdiver68

I bought the car with 28k miles on it and it was immaculate.

Tinted with UV protectent, and used a sun shade it the summer months with the windows cracked.

I went with vlr instead of lexol but dont use it religiously nor do i think that would matter with such low mileage and such a short time.

its a 2014

I have always had lower cars so i kind of backwards step in and rotate (if that makes any sense) so there is no flopping on the interior when i get in and out.
Old 06-16-16, 02:18 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Snowrydr01
I bought the car with 28k miles on it and it was immaculate.

Tinted with UV protectent, and used a sun shade it the summer months with the windows cracked.

I went with vlr instead of lexol but dont use it religiously nor do i think that would matter with such low mileage and such a short time.

its a 2014

I have always had lower cars so i kind of backwards step in and rotate (if that makes any sense) so there is no flopping on the interior when i get in and out.
Yeah... I've seen a couple threads about the Nuluxe getting all ripped or cracked on Pre-Owned Cars. I haven't seen a 1st owner complain about this.

The guy who had your car previously, might had not taken care of it. =\
Old 06-16-16, 04:13 PM
sdiver68
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nathantse
https://www.amazon.com/Lexol-1215-Vi.../dp/B0002KKHS8

Is this the correct stuff?

Would you recommend the Spray or wipes?

And, would it leave any grease-like residue? (I've notice this when I used different products from the interior of the car)
Yes, the spray. Should not be greasy.
Old 06-17-16, 06:01 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Originally Posted by nathantse
Yeah... I've seen a couple threads about the Nuluxe getting all ripped or cracked on Pre-Owned Cars. I haven't seen a 1st owner complain about this.

The guy who had your car previously, might had not taken care of it. =\
The first own was meticulous. I got it 12 months old and you would've sworn it was new. He also bought EVERYTHING the dealer offered him when he bought it........then traded it in for peanuts on a carbon roofed M3 even though there was a lexus dealership next door that wouldve given him more money.
Old 06-17-16, 11:01 AM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine is also cracking on the driver side...I use some leather protector from Maguiars that is also for vinyl. About once per month I rub all of the leather and vinyl. The rest is looking great, just this one spot on the driver side.

Matt
Old 06-17-16, 12:20 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mrg02d
Mine is also cracking on the driver side...I use some leather protector from Maguiars that is also for vinyl. About once per month I rub all of the leather and vinyl. The rest is looking great, just this one spot on the driver side.

Matt
Which one did you used that was from Meguiar?