IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

DIY: Adding aftermarket JDM-style fog lights to your IS250 IS200t IS350-F Sport Only

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-16, 09:48 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,165 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Here's some early shots

A PITA to mount these. This was the easiest method I could figure out. Would be nice if a company made some fiberglass enclosures with mounting tabs you could easily retrofit with. My tools are limited and don't have a machine shop to make brackets so this is what I came up with. It works. As you can see I wrapped the projector units in metal tape. I've done these on other LED fog retrofits in the past and the fogs hold up... we'll see.. Now that I think about it. I should probably silicone the control modules...

Corolla LED fogs only... needs fine tuning. Will tackle this tonight probably.

Fogs + stock LED lows.

Fogs without the covers yet. Need to modify existing JDMToy covers to fit these huge lenses.
Old 11-13-16, 10:22 AM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Here's some early shots

A PITA to mount these. This was the easiest method I could figure out. Would be nice if a company made some fiberglass enclosures with mounting tabs you could easily retrofit with. My tools are limited and don't have a machine shop to make brackets so this is what I came up with. It works. As you can see I wrapped the projector units in metal tape. I've done these on other LED fog retrofits in the past and the fogs hold up... we'll see.. Now that I think about it. I should probably silicone the control modules...

Corolla LED fogs only... needs fine tuning. Will tackle this tonight probably.

Fogs + stock LED lows.

Fogs without the covers yet. Need to modify existing JDMToy covers to fit these huge lenses.
sick. What I did last time on my set was I used a aluminum bar with pre drill holes and cut to align it with bumper taps then use fasteners and Springs to secure it so when i tighten it or loosen it, it'll adjust up or down. You can also mount them via jb quick weld then secured it after with either regular jb weld or some custome made brackets. So far looks good. That's how projectors should look like. Now some big round spot lights lol.
Old 11-13-16, 03:20 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gerxiong89
sick. What I did last time on my set was I used a aluminum bar with pre drill holes and cut to align it with bumper taps then use fasteners and Springs to secure it so when i tighten it or loosen it, it'll adjust up or down. You can also mount them via jb quick weld then secured it after with either regular jb weld or some custome made brackets. So far looks good. That's how projectors should look like. Now some big round spot lights lol.
Cool good ideas with the springs... where did you get that aluminum bar and the springs? I checked home depot and harbor freight. Also the mounting points are offset on our cars. The inner ones are set back an inch or more. So I guess I would need long springs? Some really stiff ones? I may explore this and remount later. I'd really like some Koito BI-LEDs... but unncessary expense. Haha.

Any pics of your spring-set up?
Old 11-13-16, 04:29 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Quick and dirty shot of the super-sized Corolla LED foglights with trimmed fog light covers. The trimmed covers arent the most perfect fit but I'm willing to sacrifice form for function when it comes to lighting. Would love to do a clear lens swap one day for all three (six) projectors. Tired of messing with lights for now though.
Old 11-13-16, 07:13 PM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Quick and dirty shot of the super-sized Corolla LED foglights with trimmed fog light covers. The trimmed covers arent the most perfect fit but I'm willing to sacrifice form for function when it comes to lighting. Would love to do a clear lens swap one day for all three (six) projectors. Tired of messing with lights for now though.
looks good! I got springs from ace hardware. They have everything there. I like how it turns out. I'm on vacation this coming weekend so I'm gonna grab a set of mini h1 projectors and retrofit it in.
Old 11-13-16, 08:44 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Cool. Can't wait to see them..
Old 11-14-16, 10:11 AM
evident
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

maybe i can find one of these oem led assemblies in a junk yard somewhere, take it apart and see what can be done to it...