IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Premium Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-16, 11:53 PM
sammtaylor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Premium Audio System

I just recently leased the 2017 IS200t and I had some questions in regards to the audio. I opted out of Mark Levinson solely for the fact that people have said it's not worth it. My premium audio sounds good, but i feel as though it sounds distant or even muffled. Is there a way to reset the stereo speakers or how should I adjust the levels to optimize my speakers capabilities?
Old 11-12-16, 11:57 PM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I upped the treble one click, bass one click, and midrange three clicks. Vocals sound clearer now...that was a major issue I was having before.
Old 11-13-16, 02:38 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sammtaylor
I just recently leased the 2017 IS200t and I had some questions in regards to the audio. I opted out of Mark Levinson solely for the fact that people have said it's not worth it. My premium audio sounds good, but i feel as though it sounds distant or even muffled. Is there a way to reset the stereo speakers or how should I adjust the levels to optimize my speakers capabilities?
How much more u have to p ay if u get the Mark Levinson?
Old 11-14-16, 12:07 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I customized my IS250 F-Sport with the ML package, and they charged me $1,200 for the upgrade.
Old 11-14-16, 02:24 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Is the mark levinson audio system really that much better? anyone has the Mark levinson system in their lexus and can compare?
Old 11-14-16, 02:25 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Originally Posted by cbus
I upped the treble one click, bass one click, and midrange three clicks. Vocals sound clearer now...that was a major issue I was having before.
U sure turning up the Mids would solve the problem?
Old 11-14-16, 05:30 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jincuteguy
Is the mark levinson audio system really that much better? anyone has the Mark levinson system in their lexus and can compare?
I spent about 30 minutes at a local dealership just to do a side by side comparison between the Premium Audio and the ML Audio systems with different genres of music. And yes, the sound from ML is much clearer and more crisp than the default premium audio system. To me, it's worth the upgrade.
Old 11-14-16, 06:45 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
I spent about 30 minutes at a local dealership just to do a side by side comparison between the Premium Audio and the ML Audio systems with different genres of music. And yes, the sound from ML is much clearer and more crisp than the default premium audio system. To me, it's worth the upgrade.
So I just leased a 2016 IS200T Fsport about a month ago. Can I come back to my dealer and tell them to upgrade to the Mark Levinson system and pay for it?
Old 11-15-16, 06:56 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

So I just leased a 2016 IS200T Fsport about a month ago. Can I come back to my dealer and tell them to upgrade to the Mark Levinson system and pay for it?
I really doubt it. This would entail permanently altering a lease vehicle. It would definitely entail changing the amp, speakers, and all associated harnesses. It could mean changing the rear tray and the cover over it. It might even require adding sound dampening.
Old 11-15-16, 07:27 AM
Machine13
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just installed two 12" subs in my car. Couldn't be happier.
Old 11-15-16, 09:00 AM
CriMe
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Machine13
I just installed two 12" subs in my car. Couldn't be happier.
You, sir, win the internet. Look at all of that trunk space. Makes me want to get rid of my 12w7.

Interested in selling?
Old 11-15-16, 04:38 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

No you can't. The only way for you to get the ML system is by leasing a car that already has it.
Old 11-16-16, 03:32 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What I really like about Lexus is how well their audio is stock. And you have to buy the Mark Levinson from factory.
Old 11-16-16, 08:15 PM
Olasek
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sammtaylor
I opted out of Mark Levinson solely for the fact that people have said it's not worth it.
Instead of listening to other people I simply went to a dealership and sat in both cars one with the stock audio and another with ML.
I clearly recognized superiority in ML audio and decided to purchase an IS equipped with one. For me (and my wallet) it was "worth it",
for somebody else it might not.
Old 11-17-16, 04:04 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

to me it's definitely worth it.

Quick Reply: Lexus Premium Audio System