IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F-Sport Grill

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-16, 09:43 PM
ValpoPilot
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F-Sport Grill

Hi everyone, along with the generous lawsuit settlement money I'm getting from my Diesel VW, I just picked up a CPO 2014 IS250 F-Sport AWD for use as my new daily driver. I've never owned a luxury vehicle before but I've already noticed how drastically more refined it is compared to my TDI... so far I'm happy with my purchase, hopefully it ends up being a very reliable and trouble-free vehicle.

Which brings me to the point of my post: After getting the car home I noticed that the lower section of my grill has a few broken sections. There isn't any other damage to any surrounding parts. My plan is to call the dealership and see if they will replace it since it was a preexisting issue but I'm not holding my breath that they will help me out, so I'm preparing for the likely reality that I'll be replacing it myself. I found a couple different genuine parts websites that are selling the part I need for about $155 but I was curious if anyone who has removed an F-Sport grill can tell me how difficult the process is for me to replace it? I'm fairly mechanically inclined but I haven't had a chance to take a really close look at how it's attached and wasn't sure if I'd have to remove the entire front bumper or if it's a much simpler process?

Thanks for for any insight, I appreciate any information you can give. I did a search on the forums and looked through some of the Build Threads to see if this has been addressed already but my apologies if this is a redundant thread.
Old 12-05-16, 09:02 PM
ValpoPilot
Driver School Candidate

Bump

Hoping someone has removed/replaced the lower grill at some point and can shed some light on the process.
Old 12-05-16, 09:33 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

You have to take off the whole bumper to expose several tabs that is holding the grill in place. I think there is a DIY on replacing/taking off the chrome grill on the forums but it should show you the whole process of removing the front bumper.
Old 12-06-16, 10:18 AM
ValpoPilot
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the information, I'm going to try and find that DIY and maybe pay for the 2-Day TIS subscription so I can download the Toyota bumper removal instructions.