IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Any 2017's yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-17, 01:49 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by bull34dog
It's bugged me that the F Sport doesn't get real leather or memory seats and the regular IS350 does. I could be wrong, but I think other markets get the IS350 with some of those features. I guess since the US market is willing to buy them without it, they'll keep selling them to us that way.
thats what pisses me off about the f-sport!! my best friend has a 2013 honda accord v6 coupe with real leather and memory seats, yet my lexus has fake leather and no memory seats or a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel. i couldn't give up the looks of the f sport though so i had to go with it.
Old 01-06-17, 01:52 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I had NuLuxe on my IS and now I'm back to leather in my GS. After initially being disappointed that my IS did not have leather, I soon realized I really liked the NuLuxe.

Now that I am back to leather, I would return to NuLuxe in a heartbeat. I really wish the leather in my GS was NuLuxe.
Old 01-06-17, 02:09 PM
bull34dog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
I had NuLuxe on my IS and now I'm back to leather in my GS. After initially being disappointed that my IS did not have leather, I soon realized I really liked the NuLuxe.

Now that I am back to leather, I would return to NuLuxe in a heartbeat. I really wish the leather in my GS was NuLuxe.
I've heard similar things in the past. I had my 2015 IS for a couple of years and I would venture to guess I get in and out of my car more than most people. When I turned it in, there were basically no signs of wear. I think what jmull3r said is essentially it, that you're buying a luxury brand that doesn't give you the option of leather while a non-luxury brand does.
Old 01-06-17, 02:16 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Well technically you do have the option for leather in an IS, you just have to opt for the luxury package and forgo the F Sport package. Unfortunately it's just the way Lexus does their packages. You can't really get one that is "fully loaded". It's too bad that they don't do on the IS what they do with the GS, where the adjustable suspension is included with the F Sport or the Luxury packages.
Old 01-06-17, 02:38 PM
evident
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm a believer in the nu luxe as well. It's a great seat and I don't miss real leather at all
Old 01-06-17, 05:37 PM
enve
Driver School Candidate

I'm planning to go in for a test drive tomorrow for the 300 f sport. I looked at the inventory for the two closest dealers, and none have the white exterior, with red seat combo that I wanted. My lease doesn't end until April so I have quite a bit of time to decide and order it if I want.

Anyone have info on whether Lexus will charge extra for a special order? Or if they will even bargain with you when you special order? I don't want to pay MSRP for a special order when I can probably bargain a thousand or so bucks off of in stock inventory.
Old 01-06-17, 06:19 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by enve
I'm planning to go in for a test drive tomorrow for the 300 f sport. I looked at the inventory for the two closest dealers, and none have the white exterior, with red seat combo that I wanted. My lease doesn't end until April so I have quite a bit of time to decide and order it if I want.

Anyone have info on whether Lexus will charge extra for a special order? Or if they will even bargain with you when you special order? I don't want to pay MSRP for a special order when I can probably bargain a thousand or so bucks off of in stock inventory.
You should get $1000 off invoice, not MSRP. I've seen it done on this forum.
Old 01-06-17, 10:11 PM
TinoPing
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There's no doubt we're getting shortchanged in the US as far as options on the IS F Sport. I have friends overseas who have an F Sport with readily available options, namely the park assist and side mirror tilt on reverse, and we are told these are only possible in the US on non-F Sport. I have no idea why that is the case. It also makes zero sense to me on how you can have cross-traffic rear alert warning, but no park assist. Your basic entry level Kia has park assist these days. It also helps avoid wheel scuffs when you're parallel parking. Total let down, but it is what it is.
Old 01-07-17, 08:09 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Got mine a couple days ago!

A quick word on Nuluxe to quell any concerns. It's the most durable seating material I have ever experienced. This is from owning three Lexus vehicles (CT, IS, NX) and now into my fourth, IS.
Old 01-08-17, 08:59 AM
enve
Driver School Candidate

I was checking the inventory for all of the dealerships in my area and they have many 300 F sports. The problem is that none of them have Mark Levinson listed. Anyone know if Mark Levinson is custom order only?

Didn't get a chance to test drive it yesterday as anticipated because of the snow storm in the north east. I did go to the dealership nearby and sit in the showroom model and check it out. Being 6ft tall it felt really small compared to my accord coupe. Super low and I had some problems with the steering wheel hitting my leg. Not something I'm used to in my car.

Also, what's up with the 17 only having a single headlight compared to 2 on the 16 and prior? How does the highbeam work with only a single headlight? I toggled the highbeam in the 17 and noticed no difference.

​​​​
Old 01-08-17, 12:59 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by enve
I was checking the inventory for all of the dealerships in my area and they have many 300 F sports. The problem is that none of them have Mark Levinson listed. Anyone know if Mark Levinson is custom order only?

Didn't get a chance to test drive it yesterday as anticipated because of the snow storm in the north east. I did go to the dealership nearby and sit in the showroom model and check it out. Being 6ft tall it felt really small compared to my accord coupe. Super low and I had some problems with the steering wheel hitting my leg. Not something I'm used to in my car.

Also, what's up with the 17 only having a single headlight compared to 2 on the 16 and prior? How does the highbeam work with only a single headlight? I toggled the highbeam in the 17 and noticed no difference.

​​​​
i had to custom order mine just to get the ML system i have never seen an IS300 with one yet
Old 01-08-17, 07:45 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

A quick word on Nuluxe to quell any concerns. It's the most durable seating material I have ever experienced. This is from owning three Lexus vehicles (CT, IS, NX) and now into my fourth, IS.
Beautiful, Corrado! I like the new tweaks to the front end, and they really show in white. Glad you are happy with it!
Old 01-10-17, 12:08 PM
genmaster
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2

speaking of the Nuluxe seat. I have a black IS300 on red. and wear black jeans every day. will the red Nuluxe seat turn black over time? whats the usual maintenance if these are not real leather?
Old 01-10-17, 12:21 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 689 Likes on 606 Posts

Our customers 2017.. Already has an intake and getting springs installed soon.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-10-17, 12:37 PM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

josh,

Our customers 2017.. Already has an intake and getting springs installed soon.

-Josh
Josh figure out an exhaust for us new 2017 owners asap haha. I'm sure you have the inside scoop when one is coming out. I'm dying for a new exhaust for my 2017

Quick Reply: Any 2017's yet?