IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Megan lowering springs questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-17, 01:25 PM
Th3wolf7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megan lowering springs questions

Hey everyone, just recently for the is 250 F sport and looking to lower the car. I've been looring around on the post on her pertaining to lowering the car and which springs are out there to how they look on the IS it self. But I can seem to find any info on the megan lowering springs. Also read a lot about blown shocks when using springs. Also I'm not planning on getting any air ride or coils.

So how long have yall been running on lowering springs before blown or not blown. Have anyone ever installed the megan lowering springs
Old 02-06-17, 01:12 AM
Phamkq
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

RSR seems to be most popular, followed by Fsport Springs. Other brands i have seen include Tiens, Ark GTS and Swift.

Springs will be springs and how they sit could be off for anybody. I have RSR downs and i feel like mines barely gave me a drop while I have seen someone else on RSR downs who literally look like they are on RSR Superdowns (his theory of reasoning is that he drives mostly in the canyons and hilly areas).Wheel and tire sizes matter as well. Most springs will give you anywhere between .8" towards 1.5" drop

As to how far they last really depends on the driver as well. People are saying 50,000ish miles before their shocks blow out while I know someone that had theirs blown out at 20,000 miles into their springs on OEM struts. Honestly, springs will last a VERY long time - its really come down to how long your suspension lasts. If you see a good deal on springs (I got mines for $100 picked up, i wouldnt pay more than $150 for used springs IMO) and know of a cheap installer or can do it yourself, go for it.

I already had 20k miles on my OEM suspension prior to the aftermarket springs to let it live out its life and once it blows, ill be jumping onto coilovers.