IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Obsidian with major scratches (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-17, 08:31 AM
Break2
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by isosunrise
I'm looking into opti coat. You in the tri state area? Need a good recommended place.
It's very high in our area. $1200-$1800. Where in NJ are you? A friend of mine in Dallas TX does it. He flies all over the country doing ceramic coating. I can get him to fly here and he'll give us better pricing if I can get multiple cars.
Old 02-07-17, 08:40 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 228 Likes on 171 Posts

I'm looking into opti coat. You in the tri state area? Need a good recommended place.
I put opti gloss-coat on by myself. It was pretty easy but my car also was pretty new and had very few paint issues. I live in so-cal so the pricing here will probably be very different.
Old 02-07-17, 09:27 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Honestly for that price you can buy all the equipment and learn how to do it for way less. I've always used Mequiars M105/205 but I just picked up some v36/v38 from chemical guys to try out. They have some videos using it on black cars. You just need a good polisher and clay it prior to polishing, its not that hard, just takes time. Theres tons of video resources, it looks bad but it will clean up with a polisher easily. Opticoat is very good, I personally use the Sonax stuff, and its really easy to apply after polishing, and it lasts a long time. My car still beads up like crazy over a year after applying some.
Old 02-07-17, 04:41 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Break2
It's very high in our area. $1200-$1800. Where in NJ are you? A friend of mine in Dallas TX does it. He flies all over the country doing ceramic coating. I can get him to fly here and he'll give us better pricing if I can get multiple cars.
Hackensack. I know it's high in our area- lot of comments saying it shouldn't cost thousands yet I've been quoted it. There's a great place in Norwood I believe (they have a website selling supplies and equipment).
Old 02-07-17, 04:46 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Hackensack. I know it's high in our area- lot of comments saying it shouldn't cost thousands yet I've been quoted it. There's a great place in Norwood I believe (they have a website selling supplies and equipment).
Oh. I'm your neighbor. Im in Hasbrouck Heights. The place in Norwood wants $1600. It just seems like so much. Im going to find out from my guy how much for two, if you are interested. He does awesome work.
Old 02-07-17, 04:59 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Oh. I'm your neighbor. Im in Hasbrouck Heights. The place in Norwood wants $1600. It just seems like so much. Im going to find out from my guy how much for two, if you are interested. He does awesome work.
We've probably passed each other I'm right off polify/terrace ave. I had met a guy in the parking lot of my job recently from simply clean mobile car wash (i think). He wanted crazy money for mobile car washes but if I remember correctly his paint correction prices were not terrible (under $1000).
Old 02-07-17, 05:20 PM
Break2
Pole Position

We've probably passed each other I'm right off polify/terrace ave. I had met a guy in the parking lot of my job recently from simply clean mobile car wash (i think). He wanted crazy money for mobile car washes but if I remember correctly his paint correction prices were not terrible (under $1000).
Paint correction and ceramic?
Old 02-07-17, 05:55 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Paint correction and ceramic?
Just correction. They do offer opti coat but it's price isn't mentioned in the site.

http://www.alwayscleancars.com
Old 02-07-17, 06:37 PM
Break2
Pole Position

Just correction. They do offer opti coat but it's price isn't mentioned in the site.

Would you be interested in a ceramic and paint correction?
Old 02-07-17, 07:12 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

Would you be interested in a ceramic and paint correction?
Yep. Just depends on price.
Old 02-07-17, 07:28 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Go to crdetaling in Perth amboy. He's very reasonable and his work shows. Tell him I referred you
Old 02-07-17, 07:37 PM
Break2
Pole Position

He could $1000 each, 4 year or 60k mile protection. If we csn get more, it might even be cheaper.
Old 02-07-17, 08:06 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

learn to do it yourself. $2-400 depending on what you wanna get/use and about a day's work will be able to get rid of those swirls
Old 02-07-17, 09:55 PM
isosunrise
Pole Position

He could $1000 each, 4 year or 60k mile protection. If we csn get more, it might even be cheaper.
$1000 is steep but do able. Open to hearing if more people are interested. I'm sure it's better if your guy comes here mid spring?

Originally Posted by tea
learn to do it yourself. $2-400 depending on what you wanna get/use and about a day's work will be able to get rid of those swirls
When I had an e92 I had a nice porter cable and would clay and use some sort of wax or polish (never got real into it). Car looked great with whatever I was using. I have the basic skills do this is on this car now but I'm in an apartment building.
Old 02-08-17, 08:40 AM
Break2
Pole Position

$1000 is steep but do able. Open to hearing if more people are interested. I'm sure it's better if your guy comes here mid spring?

When I had an e92 I had a nice porter cable and would clay and use some sort of wax or polish (never got real into it). Car looked great with whatever I was using. I have the basic skills do this is on this car now but I'm in an apartment building.
He said anytime from the end of March on. He's booked until then. If you know anyone else, let me know.

Quick Reply: Obsidian with major scratches (pics)