IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Remove front Lexus logo

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-17, 10:43 PM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Remove front Lexus logo

How do you remove the front Lexus logo on the grill? (F Sport) I have the black pearl I want to install
Old 03-25-17, 11:34 PM
SilvrBulet
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have collision sensors in the front?
Old 03-26-17, 01:01 AM
evltwn
Advanced

Received 144 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Lveyolfe
How do you remove the front Lexus logo on the grill? (F Sport) I have the black pearl I want to install
Take the plastic cover off that sits in the front of the engine. You can then get to the back of the logo. There should be 2 tin locking washers on the top 2 posts. You can cut them or just pull on them. You will most likely break the plastic posts if you pull on the washers. I did. Does the new logo come with the locking washers? If so, then you'll be fine. If not, and you cut them, you have to buy some at an auto parts store. They're cheap. There is a flat tab on the bottom of the logo, I think you push down on it (don't push too hard), and the logo should be able to be removed at this point.
Old 03-26-17, 08:11 AM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Here is the back of the new logo I want to put on. Are these the washers you're talking about? I tried pulling on them and nothing
Originally Posted by evltwn
Take the plastic cover off that sits in the front of the engine. You can then get to the back of the logo. There should be 2 tin locking washers on the top 2 posts. You can cut them or just pull on them. You will most likely break the plastic posts if you pull on the washers. I did. Does the new logo come with the locking washers? If so, then you'll be fine. If not, and you cut them, you have to buy some at an auto parts store. They're cheap. There is a flat tab on the bottom of the logo, I think you push down on it (don't push too hard), and the logo should be able to be removed at this point.
Old 03-26-17, 08:22 AM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SilvrBulet
Do you have collision sensors in the front?
In 99% sure I do not
Old 03-26-17, 06:46 PM
evltwn
Advanced

Here is the back of the new logo I want to put on. Are these the washers you're talking about? I tried pulling on them and nothing

Yup, that's them. Honestly, I'd probably just cut them off, and buy some from an autoparts store. I put an "F" over the front of my stock logo, and I tried pulling off those washers, and the posts broke. I ended up using some double sided 3M tape to make sure the top of the emblem stayed in place. If I had to do over again, I'd have cut them off while the logo was still in the grill.
Did you get the stock emblem off yet?
Old 03-26-17, 07:18 PM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Yup, that's them. Honestly, I'd probably just cut them off, and buy some from an autoparts store. I put an "F" over the front of my stock logo, and I tried pulling off those washers, and the posts broke. I ended up using some double sided 3M tape to make sure the top of the emblem stayed in place. If I had to do over again, I'd have cut them off while the logo was still in the grill.
Did you get the stock emblem off yet?
No haha it wouldn't budge. I wanna keep them on cause I'm probably gonna sell the badge. But I saw a post on how to remove it without breaking it off
Old 03-26-17, 08:12 PM
evltwn
Advanced

No haha it wouldn't budge. I wanna keep them on cause I'm probably gonna sell the badge. But I saw a post on how to remove it without breaking it off
Do you have the link to the post you're talking about? If you get your stock one off, I'd be interested in buying it. Let me know before you post it please.
Old 03-26-17, 08:37 PM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Do you have the link to the post you're talking about? If you get your stock one off, I'd be interested in buying it. Let me know before you post it please.
I don't. I saw it last week I think & yes. I will probably take it off tomorrow and can send you pix too. (It has the F Sport decal over it, which can obviously be removed haha) feel free to check my IG: pnw_will
Old 03-26-17, 08:41 PM
evltwn
Advanced

Nice IG. I took off my emblem to put the F on, and that's how I broke the tabs. My IG is evltwn.
Old 03-26-17, 09:12 PM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Nice IG. I took off my emblem to put the F on, and that's how I broke the tabs. My IG is evltwn.
So are you looking for just the whole OEM emblem? Orrr
Old 03-26-17, 09:16 PM
evltwn
Advanced

So are you looking for just the whole OEM emblem? Orrr
If you get it off with the posts intact, I'll take the whole emblem.
Old 03-26-17, 09:28 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't. I saw it last week I think & yes. I will probably take it off tomorrow and can send you pix too. (It has the F Sport decal over it, which can obviously be removed haha) feel free to check my IG: pnw_will
Nice car man. I had to creep on your IG, noticed you're in Washington and in the Air Force. You stationed at jblm? The black pearl emblem is nice but one of the last mods I'd do for my IS.
Old 03-26-17, 09:50 PM
Lveyolfe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BostonIS
Nice car man. I had to creep on your IG, noticed you're in Washington and in the Air Force. You stationed at jblm? The black pearl emblem is nice but one of the last mods I'd do for my IS.
Haha all good, I'm actually in the reserves, but yes I do go to mcchord. I did the black pearl myself. Couldn't spend hundreds of dollars on that type of mod haha
Old 03-26-17, 10:54 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah I see. I'm actually stationed at Lewis in the Army. I've only seen a handful of 3gen IS on post so I was interested when I saw your IG. Haha. Well if you ever see a silver IS with a black wrapped roof then that's me.

Quick Reply: Remove front Lexus logo