IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Too Loud Muffler Toronto Ontario Members plz come in

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-17, 04:08 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Too Loud Muffler Toronto Ontario Members plz come in

Hey Toronto members out there, any of you have Aftermarket Exhaust just the Axle back not full, get Loud Muffler ticket by Police on your Lexus ? do they still care nowadays ? i want to go back to my Teenage and Young Man Loud Muffler, i'm hesitating due to the Cop pull over for Loud Muffler ticket, is there any legal Axle back in particular ? like not too loud just enough to rumble on Highway ? thanks for your help guys. ( These BMWs and Mustangs keep instigating me lol) everytime they pass me their Exhaust goes Brrr bRR bRR bRrrr damn i like it. (F sport exhaust are not available in Canada ?) i'm scare to buy off eBay.
Old 04-05-17, 04:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

As long as it is not a straight through exhaust, you'll be fine. Even if you did a muffler delete, I think you'd be fine as long as your car isn't heavily modded "looking" and running the stock tips. But you're getting revved on, which part of the GTA is this?

I'd look into the F Sport accessory exhaust. From that I gather, they are not officially available through Lexus Canada, but you can always order them off ebay or even have them sent to a post office box in Niagara Falls. There are even courier companies that will pick it up and take care of the customs/duties/taxes for you for less than it would cost you in gas (and time) to cross the border.
The following users liked this post:
Solara350 (04-05-17)
Old 04-05-17, 05:44 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by 387
As long as it is not a straight through exhaust, you'll be fine. Even if you did a muffler delete, I think you'd be fine as long as your car isn't heavily modded "looking" and running the stock tips. But you're getting revved on, which part of the GTA is this?

I'd look into the F Sport accessory exhaust. From that I gather, they are not officially available through Lexus Canada, but you can always order them off ebay or even have them sent to a post office box in Niagara Falls. There are even courier companies that will pick it up and take care of the customs/duties/taxes for you for less than it would cost you in gas (and time) to cross the border.
Downtown Toronto bro, Lakeshore East, Reason i asked because i got pulled over with my TRD Muffler on my Toyota Solara well it was 12-14 years ago, Cop said it was too loud, i told him Sir it's TRD "Toyota Racing Development" he respond well It's a Racing Muffler lol he then asked me to fix with a Fixed ticket or can go to court, friends i know, some got pulled over with ticket some don't, they told me depend on the Cops, my car is all stock, i'm aged now i don't wanna do too much, i just want little noise.

I don't wanna spend too much because i just want NOISE that's all, they have 1 F-sport for 1.400$ USD on eBay, ARK 2.200$, and 1k something for the rest like Magnaflow Corsa Invidia etc. I know for sure muffler won't gain any Horsepower without Header like PPE one so there is 1 cheap exhaust Made in Taiwai name "Tsudo that fit our IS350 Fsport" costs around 600$ USD around 700$ CAD Shipped, they looked nice with burnt tips, what do you think of Tsudo Exhaust bro ? do you know any local shop in GTA ?
Old 04-06-17, 04:11 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

If you have one of those Honda Civic 'fart can' exhaust with giant tips on it then the cops will notice and hassle you.

With any of the aftermarket cat backs or even axlebacks I doubt they would say anything. They aren't loud enough.
Old 04-06-17, 06:18 AM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Yet to have an issue with cops in Toronto / Peel with my set up. (Custom Mid pipe and Mufflers)

Also never got harassed for having a loud muffler on my 2004 Turbo IS300
Old 04-06-17, 06:29 AM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by brendanf
If you have one of those Honda Civic 'fart can' exhaust with giant tips on it then the cops will notice and hassle you.

With any of the aftermarket cat backs or even axlebacks I doubt they would say anything. They aren't loud enough.
bingo. lol
Old 04-06-17, 07:30 AM
Jchoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm selling my FSport Exhaust as I bought a different exhaust. ... Customed with Quad tips to fit the Aim Gain / TRD Diffuser.

Located In Toronto as well
Old 04-06-17, 02:52 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jchoi
I'm selling my FSport Exhaust as I bought a different exhaust. ... Customed with Quad tips to fit the Aim Gain / TRD Diffuser.

Located In Toronto as well
thanks Everyone, i replied your PM CHoi
Old 04-06-17, 03:19 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by brendanf

LOL fart can hahahaha ya i remember those days of Civic, they were truly annoying like those Harley Davidson bikes.

I don't go for power i just like a little noise like OEM F sport exhaust, thats enough and i refer OEM if i could, i don't wanna spend ARK and those that costs 3k$ CAD, these things gains nothing without Turbo or Supercharge, there is no point to spend 3k$ for 5-7HP you know what i mean !
Old 04-06-17, 07:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

When you said you get revved on a lot by mustangs and BMWs, I thought you were going to say Vaughan. It seems that is where all the stupid stuff usually happens around the GTA. Like everyone said, you're going to be fine. If all you want is loud, maybe an electric muffler bypass on the stock exhaust so you open it up when you feel like it?

Last edited by 387; 04-06-17 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-08-17, 06:39 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by 387
When you said you get revved on a lot by mustangs and BMWs, I thought you were going to say Vaughan. It seems that is where all the stupid stuff usually happens around the GTA. Like everyone said, you're going to be fine. If all you want is loud, maybe an electric muffler bypass on the stock exhaust so you open it up when you feel like it?
Ya lol but i like it though, they probably wants to tell me Hey dude you got a nice car get that thing louder ! in other word they wanted to race or something, there an FRS or BRZ got impounded by York Regional Police he's 18 years old.

I talked to JChoi on the phone, he has OEM Fsport for sale but the Tip has been modded to Dual Tip which won't fit our OEM Diffuser, if i get it i'll have to either mod to single tip or get another Diffuser which i don't like, another thing, he lost his F-sport OEM Tips somewhere he needs to find them, i really need that Fsport tip so i can deal with the Cops, in other word ill looking at Tsudo Exhaust it sounds nice with low $price. To be honest i personally hate Dual Tips ! when he said Quad Tip i thought he meant 2017 IS tip lol my bad English
Old 04-09-17, 08:56 AM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drove all around the GTA including Woodbridge for the last 17 years with medium to loud exhausts. In everything from Hondas to Subarus and Mustangs. I never go pulled over or harassed for exhaust (or any other reason).
It has more to do with the way your driving then the actual volume of the exhaust. Even with a LOUD exhaust, if your accelerate gently and shift early you will be o.k. Don't stomp on the gas at every stop.
Old 04-09-17, 04:14 PM
Jchoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
Ya lol but i like it though, they probably wants to tell me Hey dude you got a nice car get that thing louder ! in other word they wanted to race or something, there an FRS or BRZ got impounded by York Regional Police he's 18 years old.

I talked to JChoi on the phone, he has OEM Fsport for sale but the Tip has been modded to Dual Tip which won't fit our OEM Diffuser, if i get it i'll have to either mod to single tip or get another Diffuser which i don't like, another thing, he lost his F-sport OEM Tips somewhere he needs to find them, i really need that Fsport tip so i can deal with the Cops, in other word ill looking at Tsudo Exhaust it sounds nice with low $price. To be honest i personally hate Dual Tips ! when he said Quad Tip i thought he meant 2017 IS tip lol my bad English
I've looked around and I can't find my F Sport Tips.

Cops won't harrass you if whether you have FSport tips or not. Fsport isn't loud enough for them to pull you over for a un-necessary noise ticket. I've drove around the f Sport exhaust ever since I got the car and no tickets for it... Tickets for other things but not the Exhaust.
Old 04-09-17, 07:08 PM
TRISTAN3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I think cops are looking for Civics or cars with fart-cans and stuff like that. Besides, my Mazdaspeed3 was muffler deleted and once a cop pulled beside me (Peel Police) and I just got to speed slowly and gently, shifting at low RPMs. He didn't bother me... didn't even look. I drove that for 4 years without any issues

But then again, some cops can really hate loud exhausts, maybe even having a bad day...
Old 04-10-17, 03:25 PM
Solara350
Instructor

Originally Posted by TRISTAN3
Personally, I think cops are looking for Civics or cars with fart-cans and stuff like that. Besides, my Mazdaspeed3 was muffler deleted and once a cop pulled beside me (Peel Police) and I just got to speed slowly and gently, shifting at low RPMs. He didn't bother me... didn't even look. I drove that for 4 years without any issues

But then again, some cops can really hate loud exhausts, maybe even having a bad day...
YOu're right. some cops having bad day they just stops you to release their madness, back then i had to go to Toyota Dealership to get all the paper works to prove my car is TRD package from Factory, back in 1999-2000 year the TRD Toyota Solara was expensive, i'm always a Luxury Fan, i bought Luxury package and upgraded to TRD, Toyota Dealership told me because of that maybe he thought your muffler is aftermarket until i brought paper works to the Police Station, ticket discarded.

Thanks everyone for your great input, i drive like an old man but sometimes i drive like Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift.

Quick Reply: Too Loud Muffler Toronto Ontario Members plz come in