IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2017 IS300 FSport Backup Camera Split Screen Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-17, 03:06 PM
dhil5110
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 IS300 FSport Backup Camera Split Screen Issue?

Hi All!

Just purchased a Lexus IS300 F Sport Series 2 here in Canada, have had it for about a week and a half. Today I noticed that when putting the car into R, the backup camera screen is split with the navigation map. Just before this afternoon the backup camera would show on the full screen.

Thinking back to when I first noticed this, it was when I put the car into R before the warning message on the screen cleared. Tried looking through the settings but no luck finding a setting to fix this. Does anyone have any ideas how to get back to the full screen? Or would this require a nav system reset. I will try and go to the dealer sometime in the upcoming week.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-16-17, 08:43 AM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Backup camera doesn't go full screen on the new 2017 IS models
Old 04-16-17, 09:09 AM
dhil5110
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
Backup camera doesn't go full screen on the new 2017 IS models
That is strange, for the past 2 weeks my backup camera has been full screen and I much prefer it. Have you seen other IS models with the split screen back up camera?
Old 04-16-17, 10:01 AM
WhiteonRed
Driver School Candidate

Yeah my 17 is always split screen never full. Wish it was full screen
Old 04-16-17, 10:28 AM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Was in a 2017 is200t loaner with the new giant screen the past week.
I remember reversing and it would not be in full screen mode.
Couldn't see any option to change that either :/
Old 04-16-17, 11:11 PM
tel
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a button on the Front Nav Screen that allows you to alter between A full display & a split display----the symbol is 2 squares overlaid.
Tel
Old 04-17-17, 06:00 PM
dhil5110
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tel
There is a button on the Front Nav Screen that allows you to alter between A full display & a split display----the symbol is 2 squares overlaid.
Tel
When you say on the Front Nav Screen what are you referring to? The menu screen on the Nav? The only other two squares overlaid I can note would be on the steering wheel.
Old 04-17-17, 09:30 PM
WhiteonRed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dhil5110
When you say on the Front Nav Screen what are you referring to? The menu screen on the Nav? The only other two squares overlaid I can note would be on the steering wheel.
hes just talking about switching from split screen like climate etc to full screen nav which is just a button on the top right corner of the nav side of the split screen. I can't do anything to change the backup camera tho, it's just split screen and one side is blank
Old 04-18-17, 05:13 AM
dhil5110
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WhiteonRed
hes just talking about switching from split screen like climate etc to full screen nav which is just a button on the top right corner of the nav side of the split screen. I can't do anything to change the backup camera tho, it's just split screen and one side is blank
Ahh okay I understand. I guess my screen had an amazing glitch which gave me a full screen backup camera for the past couple weeks. I'm going to miss it but I'll definitely take this by the dealership to see if I have any luck getting it back.
Old 04-18-17, 07:47 AM
WhiteonRed
Driver School Candidate

I'll be going in to my 1000 km service or whatever it is called. I'll ask then
Old 04-19-17, 09:53 PM
tel
Driver School Candidate

Visited my Dealer.
The Rear View Screen image is not full screen to prevent a too wide angle view.
Clearly the Camera is scarred over from the 2016 model.
Tel
Old 04-19-17, 10:56 PM
tel
Driver School Candidate

OOPs should have said "carried over" !
As,indeed,still only one reverse & rear fog light &,for 2017, no front fog lights as the front LED headlamps are said to be 15% brighter.
Still the leather is now much more luxurious.
Tel
Old 07-15-17, 05:51 AM
Johnzhang1
Driver School Candidate

Default My rx350 2017 had full screen backup camera view on 12 inch wide display for 1 month

My rx350 2017 had full screen backup camera view on 12 inch wide display for 1 month before it changed to split screen on its own. I think there was an automatic software update behind our back to effect the change. It makes sense to me that to make it full screen some part of the view was cropped off. I would assume Toyota does not want liability of not showing everything the camera can see. However it is deceptive to enable the full screen to make it look better during the test drive before the purchase and then change it to 'safe' mode after the purchase. I would like to see someone from Toyota/lexus comment on this. Thx. Jz
Old 07-15-17, 07:27 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnzhang1
My rx350 2017 had full screen backup camera view on 12 inch wide display for 1 month before it changed to split screen on its own. I think there was an automatic software update behind our back to effect the change. It makes sense to me that to make it full screen some part of the view was cropped off. I would assume Toyota does not want liability of not showing everything the camera can see. However it is deceptive to enable the full screen to make it look better during the test drive before the purchase and then change it to 'safe' mode after the purchase. I would like to see someone from Toyota/lexus comment on this. Thx. Jz
You may or may not be correct, but in Canada, which the original poster in from, there is no cellular service in the vehicle, so there's no means to push anything out to the vehicle to update anything.
I believe the screen glitch has been mentioned in a couple threads...about it going from full to split all of a sudden.
I would agree that is they programmed it in some way from the factory to do that after a certain timer expires, than that's pretty $h1tt1e!
Old 07-18-17, 07:28 AM
RayPags
Driver School Candidate

I can confirm the split screen as well. My F Sport had fullscreen backup camera about a week ago, it was nice. To my surprise this morning the divided screen took over. Fullscreen was nice... when it lasted.

On top of that there were updates made to my Satellite Radio channels, new channels crept in. Funny thing is I stopped by the Lexus dealership last night to pick something up. Do you think the updates were made while I was on property? Just curious.

Quick Reply: 2017 IS300 FSport Backup Camera Split Screen Issue?