IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Not recognizing renamed playlists on iPod via USB

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-17, 04:49 PM
xfumbler
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not recognizing renamed playlists on iPod via USB

I've got a bit of a weird situation here. I renamed some playlists on my iPod to make it easier to remember them. The car however still recognizes the old playlist names that no longer exist on my iPod when connected through the USB using voice command. Though it will properly show the correct (new names) on the screen, if I try to select them through voice command it will not recognize the new names. It will still recognize the old names through voice command though it's hard to tell what actual playlist it starts playing when it does this. I have restarted the iPod, disconnected and reconnected it, resynced the new playlists with the iPod on my computer and reconnected the iPod to the car.... no dice. The only other option I have not chosen yet is the nuclear option to delete all data from the car as I don't want to redo all that. In essence what I want to do is call out the playlists using voice command using the new names but this does not work. Any thoughts?
Old 05-19-17, 07:59 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,371 Posts

As far as I'm aware, no data is stored on the vehicle...it pulls everything from the device.
Old 05-19-17, 09:51 PM
xfumbler
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the comment.

The manual states that you can delete personal data stored on the car including "iPod tagging information" and "Music data for voice recognition" (page 315). I assume that if you can delete it from the car, the car is storing that information somewhere. I think this is where the problem lies. I have completely reset the iPod using my computer and am going to reconnect it tomorrow and see what happens. If the problem still exists I'll either ask about it at the dealer when I take it in for my 5000 mile service or just delete everything.
Old 05-20-17, 05:02 PM
xfumbler
Driver School Candidate

That worked. After reverting the iPod back to factory settings, then reloading everything, I reconnected the iPod to the car. At that point it resynced with the system and, once it finished, voice recognition works as it should.