IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

200T Toms Powerbox installed. Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-17, 05:27 PM
Xenosis32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I just got this from ModInJapan too and I found the instructions that came with the package very hard to understand. Just want to make sure I did not install in wrong:

When I got the package, the plugs on the harness were already plugged together already. So based on the instructions included, I think I was able to locate the 2 sensors/plug from the engine bay (on a NX200t)

Did I install it correctly when all my plugs from the harness are plugged in to something from the OEM side? (other than the "normal recover connector")).

Does this sound right? I hope the above statement isn't too confusing and I am new to this.
Old 07-06-17, 11:24 PM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

don't worry, if the harness fits and you followed the area where you are supposed to install, you are fine, as the area that is indicated has no other harnesses that fit the connectors. The "normal recover connector" is not connected and i left it secured to the side with a cable tie.
Old 07-07-17, 06:30 AM
CrazyChino
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenosis32
Hi everyone,

I just got this from ModInJapan too and I found the instructions that came with the package very hard to understand. Just want to make sure I did not install in wrong:

When I got the package, the plugs on the harness were already plugged together already. So based on the instructions included, I think I was able to locate the 2 sensors/plug from the engine bay (on a NX200t)

Did I install it correctly when all my plugs from the harness are plugged in to something from the OEM side? (other than the "normal recover connector")).

Does this sound right? I hope the above statement isn't too confusing and I am new to this.
as long as all the Toms harness is all connected to the 2 sensors and the 2 vehicle connectors is connected back to the Toms, you installed it right. The loop connector u supposed to leave to the side until u want to bypass the Toms box.

Take me out for a spin and feel the difference
Old 07-16-17, 12:34 AM
Clarjoa
Driver School Candidate

Default Operating temperatures

Hi Guys,

​​​​​​My car is left hand drive and I can't place the box on the plastic box like you guys as it's on the passenger side of the car. I've instead placed it on my Injen intake mount(metal) but noticed that the box gets quite hot when touching it after driving.

Should I be placing it on the relay instead?

Old 07-16-17, 04:20 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Clarjoa
Hi Guys,

​​​​​​My car is left hand drive and I can't place the box on the plastic box like you guys as it's on the passenger side of the car. I've instead placed it on my Injen intake mount(metal) but noticed that the box gets quite hot when touching it after driving.

Should I be placing it on the relay instead?

I'm quite sure you meant your car is right-hand drive. Yes, you can just place it onto the fuse relay box.
Old 07-16-17, 04:32 AM
Clarjoa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zhifan1
I'm quite sure you meant your car is right-hand drive. Yes, you can just place it onto the fuse relay box.

​​​​​​Yes. Right hand drive. Is there any harm leaving it in the current location?
Old 07-16-17, 04:37 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Clarjoa
​​​​​​Yes. Right hand drive. Is there any harm leaving it in the current location?
So long as it's secured, i don't see why not.