IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

noobierices bumper removal guide and base model to f sport conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-17, 12:30 PM
itsx
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for the guide! helped me with my headlight replacement!
Old 07-15-17, 04:09 AM
Noobierice
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=baylisstic;9915862]
Originally Posted by Noobierice
sorry ive been busy with family stuff but here are the fender liners.. i didnt have any issue as stated if you want a certain pic of a part i'll take also...
[/QUOTE

Thanks for the pix. Is the liner supposed to be hanging like that?

Here's mine...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...liner-gap.html
i think it is suppost to hang like that
Old 07-15-17, 04:13 AM
Noobierice
Rookie

Originally Posted by itsx
Thanks for the guide! helped me with my headlight replacement!
glad to be of help!
Old 07-14-18, 08:27 AM
BMMIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, such a great write up... thanks for this. How has the bumper been in terms of quality? It’s been on your car for a while now, any issues? Did you get it painted first without any test fitting? Would you mind showing some more pics of it fitted... are the panel gaps all ok with the fendor and hood?
Old 07-14-18, 02:00 PM
Noobierice
Rookie

Originally Posted by BMMIS
Wow, such a great write up... thanks for this. How has the bumper been in terms of quality? It’s been on your car for a while now, any issues? Did you get it painted first without any test fitting? Would you mind showing some more pics of it fitted... are the panel gaps all ok with the fendor and hood?
sorry for such a late reply is been awhile, the quality how ever is pretty good, its nice and sturdy, however my wife drove it the other day and backed up into my fence, the edge of the bumper where it mounts to the fender got yanked and pulled off! I was super pissed lol, but damage aside the whole bumper is still in tact actually, the only thing that broke was the bumper mounting hole where it meets the fender, I still have the bumper on until I can afford to get my new bumper painted, and yes I did paint the bumper before I mounted it, but surprisingly it fits really good, no panels gaps at all here are some pics!

Old 07-15-18, 02:12 AM
BMMIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Omg sorry to hear that 😱 so you’ve had to order another replacement bumper? You must have been gutted! Thanks for the pictures, it’s looks fantastic! The panel gaps look spot on and I love the blacked out grill surround. My car is the same colour... the black really suits it there is only one seller for this here in the UK, the kit looks identical to yours so I’m guessing it’s from the same manufacturer. It’s around £375 including delivery, plus painting so I’m really tempted now!
Old 08-16-18, 03:44 AM
Noobierice
Rookie

Got the new bumper painted! And about to mount!
Old 08-16-18, 03:45 AM
Noobierice
Rookie

Mounted my lip on and i think im set!
Old 08-16-18, 07:16 AM
Flash5
Pole Position

Received 459 Likes on 367 Posts

Mounted my lip on and i think im set!
Looks good!
Old 08-16-18, 09:04 PM
Noobierice
Rookie

Originally Posted by Flash5

Looks good!
thanks!!!!!
Old 08-17-18, 02:38 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,172 Likes on 1,632 Posts

The paint is better the second time around. the first time needed wet sanding. however, on the second install, there's a clear gap on the right side in your last photo. is it secure? I'm sure you can adjust it. Maybe add a self tapping screw if needed

overall thanks for documenting this and nice upgrade
Old 12-15-18, 05:53 PM
Noobierice
Rookie

Originally Posted by E46CT
The paint is better the second time around. the first time needed wet sanding. however, on the second install, there's a clear gap on the right side in your last photo. is it secure? I'm sure you can adjust it. Maybe add a self tapping screw if needed

overall thanks for documenting this and nice upgrade
Sorry for such a late reply, theres a gap due to the accident my wife cause when she reversed and caught the fence it ended up yanking my fender mount and bumper, so the reason why there is a slight gap is because the mount where the bumper meets the fender is yanked alittle downwords km pretty sure a hammer can fix that issue lol but it is secure though
Old 01-07-19, 02:28 PM
Sonn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for such a late reply, theres a gap due to the accident my wife cause when she reversed and caught the fence it ended up yanking my fender mount and bumper, so the reason why there is a slight gap is because the mount where the bumper meets the fender is yanked alittle downwords km pretty sure a hammer can fix that issue lol but it is secure though
What is the total cost to do this? I own a none f sport is250. Should wait for the f sport model lol. They are pretty cheap around my area, but my car broke down, so i bought it without waiting for a f sport model to show up for sale. II wan to do the conversion as well. Did you paint the bumper yourself the second time or go to the shop? If so, how much did it cost to paint it to match your car color. Thanks. I was looking for used f sport bumper, but most of the bumper has some small scratch or broken tab, I can probably find used bumper with the grill for around 500 with some damage.
Old 01-19-19, 06:54 AM
Noobierice
Rookie

I made a local shop paint it, I asked some local groups on fb to recommend me a shop for painting my bumper the second time, the first time was a buddy of mine who painted it but he was busy atm so I had to ask around in total I believe for the conversion and paint was probably around 600-700 usd total
Old 01-19-19, 10:15 AM
Sonn
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I made a local shop paint it, I asked some local groups on fb to recommend me a shop for painting my bumper the second time, the first time was a buddy of mine who painted it but he was busy atm so I had to ask around in total I believe for the conversion and paint was probably around 600-700 usd total
Wow that's cheap. Where I live, they quoted me 350 for silver color. And they cnaca guarantee that it will match. Rip. Thta would bring the cost close to 1k.

Quick Reply: noobierices bumper removal guide and base model to f sport conversion