IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

First time owner, ease my mind

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-17, 12:14 AM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Clayphace
First time Lexus owner from Texas. Bought a 2016 is200 f sport, but it does have 48.5 k miles. The mileage does concern me, and I just hope to get some reassurance that I’m not in for a long, expensive ride. Appears it was a lease. All service was done at a Lexus dealership with no issues ever noted in the car fax. Where can I look up the more in-depth service records? I have found an issue that’s just developed with the sunroof, so I’ll be taking it in before the 50k is up. Other than that the car looks, feels, and sounds to be in tip top condition. I don’t particularly drive too many miles, so I won’t be racking up the miles as before.

As I don’t know too much about Lexus’s, should I expect to get relatively issue free life out of the car for a while?
Sheeesh, that's a ton of miles for a 2016. Mind telling us the issue with the sunroof you just found?
Old 06-30-17, 04:42 AM
Clayphace
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by premier3IS
Sheeesh, that's a ton of miles for a 2016. Mind telling us the issue with the sunroof you just found?
Yeah it was just one of the black rubber pieces that slides with it came unclipped from the glass side, so it was hanging loose. After looking at it, I just clipped it back and fixed it. No 8 hr service trip needed. Yeah the miles are up there, I think I did okay paying under $25k for it though. So maybe that made up for it a bit. The 70k power train warranty eases my mind a good bit. Like I said, I just went into a quick panic.
Old 06-30-17, 05:21 AM
Panzer126
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the exact same thing happen with the sunroof. I was at Heffener Lexus and told the guy this, he was like well you're here for your complimentary oil change (bought CPO) so what they did was do the bare minimum work and told me to come back in 8000km to do the 50,000 km service. What pisses me off more was that they didn't even take the tires off to look at brakes (plasti dipped rims, you can tell when they've been worked on) or anything. I brought my car into Mecano Autoworks and was shown how worn my pads were, got new fronts right away. The difference in braking was night and day after new pads and rotors.

I told them about the trim piece falling off, and the scratched screen. The guys like well if it's not vital, have it fixed next time (when you have to pay for everything). Honestly that bothered me a lot, when I went to get my car I saw that they had only cleaned my floor mats ( hosed it down barely) when I said yes I would like the interior cleaning.

I put the trim back myself and will not be bringing my business to Heffener lexus anymore. 2 hours to change just oil, and spray some water on my mats. At least I got to drive a 250 as a loner.
Old 06-30-17, 05:53 AM
Panzer126
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZeR
That's a pretty hefty service charge I was about to leave this thread but "pilot sport as3+" caught my eye...So you switched to Michelin ~ how are they? Did you consider anything other than Pilot Sport A/S 3+?

I'm also going Michelin for a 350 F-Sport RWD although stock is Bridgestone (Turanza I THINK?). For now will stagger two new fronts and then later get matching rears. THANKS!!

PS >>> Service at Lexus dealerships are often pretty good about NOT getting new rotors if ya don't wanna spend the extra moola...
Honestly I didn't consider others, I wanted the best all season and to me the AS3+ fits the bill.

The AS3+ are amazing, you feel it right away. Take a corner and just be amazed. I live at the edge of town and theres roundabouts all around and pretty much no one uses them. I took my car there and wow...let's just say the tires were not even on their limit but my gf was being thrown out of her seat. I thought about not getting new rotors, but then again I paid for a premium product if I can't afford to maintain it properly without cutting any shortcuts I shouldn't be driving a lexus.

I didn't even keep the OEM tires, they have no grip even in the dry. This past winter was nuts, it was downright dangerous. As soon as you hit the brakes those tires would just slide, no traction or grip at all. So many times I said to my passenger "I guess we're going straight" haha.

Last edited by Panzer126; 06-30-17 at 05:58 AM.