IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Front windows move at different speeds

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-17, 12:05 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Front windows move at different speeds

Hi everybody. I noticed that when I push the buttons down at the same time for the two front windows and release at the same time, that the right window goes down a little bit further than the left. Is this normal? It's not really a big deal, it's just kind of annoying when I want to put the windows down only a little bit and they are not even. Thanks.
Old 07-21-17, 06:56 PM
premier3IS
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZCO
Hi everybody. I noticed that when I push the buttons down at the same time for the two front windows and release at the same time, that the right window goes down a little bit further than the left. Is this normal? It's not really a big deal, it's just kind of annoying when I want to put the windows down only a little bit and they are not even. Thanks.
Its normal. you may be pressing the other button slightly after the other one as well, but I tried this in my vehicle as well and it does the same thing. Barely off though, like to the point where you would actually have to look for this issue to notice.

If its really slow then the window motor is having an issue, but for a brand new vehicle I highly doubt that.
Old 07-22-17, 01:04 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by premier3IS
Its normal. you may be pressing the other button slightly after the other one as well, but I tried this in my vehicle as well and it does the same thing. Barely off though, like to the point where you would actually have to look for this issue to notice.

If its really slow then the window motor is having an issue, but for a brand new vehicle I highly doubt that.
Thanks for your help. It's a small discrepancy. I don't know if my RC 350 did the same thing but for some reason I notice it in the IS. Even when going from down to up the right side is slightly faster.

Must be the luck of the draw.