Default Had this fault on gs450h

Had this fault on gs450h found it was a bkowen fuse on the LH FOOT WELL
The following users liked this post:
RedLexus12 (09-29-23)
Old 03-01-21, 12:17 PM
tonytan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i try it several times. it does not work for mine.
Old 03-01-21, 04:32 PM
tonytan
Driver School Candidate

How do you solve this cache file is corrupted?
Old 04-22-21, 01:04 PM
Beek
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also just had this issue after my 2014 IS350 sat in the garage for a few months. Black screen and dead radio. The reverse camera was still working. Tried the reset method listed above multiple times which did not help. Based on digging around, the reset method might be effective for newer 2015+ models. Took the car to the dealership and it came back as "head unit faulty P10433" with a repair cost of 2,000$. Thankfully I have an extended warranty so it will be covered.

Unfortunately, they have no idea what caused the issue. Based on readings and my experience (car sitting for a few months), it's definitely a battery drain/power issue so unplug your battery if you don't intend to drive for a while. Hopefully Lexus acknowledges this defect at some point because it is a costly fix that seems to be a manufacture problem. I did read in another forum that a member contacted Lexus corporate who agreed to pay for the repair. Worth a shot if you don't have a warranty.
Old 05-22-21, 12:44 PM
ZenDIY
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the person who said they replaced the airbags and the controls on the steering wheel did not work after that.

Since you had the airbag replaced on the steering wheel, it may be the spiral controller (Clock Spring) was not turned the correct number of turns when it was reinstalled.

Chris Fix explains how to replace the ClockSpring and how to count the number of turns (like 2 1/2 or something like that).

Last edited by ZenDIY; 05-25-21 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-09-22, 07:59 AM
JDMBA2009
Driver School Candidate

Once more wanted to thank SWTJEN101 for his write up on how to reset the infotainment system and to the entire Club Lexus community in general for everyone's help and knowledge sharing.

The battery in my 2015 GX460 died and when I jumped my car with a power pack yesterday, everything worked but the infotainment screen was pitch black. I could turn on the radio and all the climate control buttons worked but I had a completely black screen. After searching on Club Lexus, I found links in several threads to SWTJEN101's post. I followed the clear step by step instructions and I was able to reset my infotainment screen and everything came back to life and is working as it should be.

I love cars, but I am not that handy/tech enabled. I was worried I was going to have to go to the dealer and pay a lot to have the issue diagnosed (if they could even pin point the issue). This community just saved me a lot of time, money, anxiety and frustration. I wanted to write my appreciation, because forums like this really do help so many people. So, thanks to everyone on this thread and to all who contribute!

Last edited by JDMBA2009; 01-09-22 at 08:04 AM.
efstone (03-23-23)
Old 03-01-22, 08:27 PM
Datt
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem . I did exactly as you said, and it worked like a charm. Very happy .Thanks
Old 05-16-22, 11:40 AM
suginathan
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

had the same problem with the screen going black and reverse camera working. However, the trick didn't work for me unfortunately. Checked all the fuses and they look OK. May leave unplugged for several days to see if it fixes on its own.
Old 06-11-22, 09:25 PM
Mathisf4
1st Gear

Originally Posted by E46CT
This was an issue with the 2IS as well. My friend has the IS350 w/ ML sound system and his screen is black. but get this.. he has NO AC. no hvac control. so he has to drive with the windows down until its fixed.
Do you happen to know the fix? My 2014 did this. Screen works, but no ac.
Old 07-14-22, 08:31 AM
RollingBlu
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I also have the blank screen syndrome - on a 2016 RX450h hybrid. ...a little different. The USB & 12 Volt outlets work. AC works. No Radio. Lexus logo comes up on start, Backup camera displays, nothing else on the screen. Prior to this, the car sat for 2 months with a Battery Tender attached. This is a standard procedure for me. Never a problem before.

I tried the above procedure twice. (disconnect battery, leave for 1 hour, accessory mode, press Volume ****). Nothing happens. Started checking fuses. My owners manual shows a fuse panel under driver’s side dash. It’s not there! There are several fuses behind the battery – they’re all good.

However, there is no voltage across the input lugs in the fuse panel under the hood – even with the car running. I also tried measuring from each lug to the car frame to be sure the 2nd one wasn’t also 12V.

Does anyone know how that front fuse panel is fed? There’s got to be a fuse somewhere for this.

Old 07-14-22, 01:23 PM
RollingBlu
Rookie

Originally Posted by RollingBlu
I also have the blank screen syndrome - on a 2016 RX450h hybrid. ...a little different. The USB & 12 Volt outlets work. AC works. No Radio. Lexus logo comes up on start, Backup camera displays, nothing else on the screen. Prior to this, the car sat for 2 months with a Battery Tender attached. This is a standard procedure for me. Never a problem before.

I tried the above procedure twice. (disconnect battery, leave for 1 hour, accessory mode, press Volume ****). Nothing happens. Started checking fuses. My owners manual shows a fuse panel under driver’s side dash. It’s not there! There are several fuses behind the battery – they’re all good.

However, there is no voltage across the input lugs in the fuse panel under the hood – even with the car running. I also tried measuring from each lug to the car frame to be sure the 2nd one wasn’t also 12V.

Does anyone know how that front fuse panel is fed? There’s got to be a fuse somewhere for this.
It’s ALIVE – I’ve witnessed a miracle!

Fortunately, the AC still worked - 96° here today. Took the Mrs. to Costco, about 10 miles away, then bought gas there. On the way home, suddenly the blank screen flashed purple then the SD card loading screen appeared and sequenced while I drove home. After a few minutes, all was well with the world again. All the radio settings were retained. No trip to Lexus, no $2,000 bill.

After I got home, I had to check those two big power lugs in the fuse box. They still read 0 volts even with the car running – they must be related to the hybrid system somehow.
Old 07-14-22, 01:24 PM
suginathan
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RollingBlu
It’s ALIVE – I’ve witnessed a miracle!

Fortunately, the AC still worked - 96° here today. Took the Mrs. to Costco, about 10 miles away, then bought gas there. On the way home, suddenly the blank screen flashed purple then the SD card loading screen appeared and sequenced while I drove home. After a few minutes, all was well with the world again. All the radio settings were retained. No trip to Lexus, no $2,000 bill.

After I got home, I had to check those two big power lugs in the fuse box. They still read 0 volts even with the car running – they must be related to the hybrid system somehow.
Awesome, lucky you! I was hoping the same would happen to me but no luck there. Glad it worked out for you because I understand how frustrating it can be!
Old 07-17-22, 05:15 AM
Xenith
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default No volts

Originally Posted by suginathan
Awesome, lucky you! I was hoping the same would happen to me but no luck there. Glad it worked out for you because I understand how frustrating it can be!
There is no volts because they are both 12volts and a the multimeter will only yell u the difference between the to lugs ( in this case 0v as they are both 12volts )
Old 07-17-22, 07:13 AM
RollingBlu
Rookie

Thanks. I had considered that possibility and measured each voltage lug to a metal reinforcement bracket. I guess the bracket wasn't attached to ground. I just rechecked and measured each lug to the engine block. You're correct, both are 12V.
Old 07-17-22, 11:50 AM
Olie3170
7th Gear

Default 2014 Lexus IS 250 blackout navigation screen

Me and my little sister and my best friend has the same exact car the same exact year 2014 Lexus IS250. I bought my car about a year and a half ago it was OK nothing was going wrong for about six months so about a year ago, The radio and the navigation system screen comes on and off sometimes stays off for 10 minutes sometimes I’ll stay on for 10 minutes sometime I just don’t play it at all it doesn’t show up nothing and then about couple weeks later I’m about to go to work and screen completely black ,radio doesn’t work ever since. I didn’t know my sister had the same exact problem she bought her car about a year before me and she said she been driving to work for the last 18 months with no radio black screen she went to the Lexus dealership they said they don’t know what can it be is it may be the fuse I change the fuse for her I change the fuse for nine same thing. Also my friend bought the same kind of car as mine Like three months after I bought mine. But his is an F sport 2014 Lexus IS 250. I told him about the problem that I have and then my sister half he says wow that’s crazy I just bought this car a year ago and it was going good for about eight months and same thing happened to his so he brought it to the dealership. The people at the dealership said most likely is your radio so he spent probably almost $1000 I’m not sure for the radio put a brand new radio in same thing blacks navigation screen radio doesn’t work. So he starts researching and people are saying that water can get in your trunk and shut all your amplifier which the amplifier should just connect with your radio not what your navigation system. So he go buy an amplifier brand new same thing black screen radio doesn’t work still. It’s just mine boggling that I’ve been looking up how to fix this works wrong with it so many people online has the same problem with the same Lexus around the same year but when they bring it to Lexis Lexis say they don’t know what to do this Hass to be a recall or something because I thought I was the only one and then my sister told me and then my best friend told me . This is ridiculous !!!!
ariii (12-23-23)

Quick Reply: Navigation screen black...🤔